Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident
Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident Plan is designed to protect the person insured from all possible uncertainties arising due to accidents. This plan can secure not only the policyholder but also his/her family from the financial implications arising out of an accident. The policy comes with types of cover options such as accidental death cover and permanent, total, and partial disablement cover for the benefit of policyholders.
What is Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident Plan?
Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident Insurance provides financial protection to the policyholder or his nominee in case of accidental death or disablement. This policy has a low premium amount as compared to accidental insurance plans offered by other insurers. The unique plan benefits add more value to this policy. Some of the coverage include funeral expenses, emergency ambulance, compassionate visit, and others are added to the plan for providing maximum coverage to the policyholder. Some of the basic highlights of the policy are:
- Accidental coverage for partial or permanent disability
- Modification or repair of residence or vehicle
- EMI and loan instrument protection
- Education and orphan benefits for the child
- Cumulative bonus and tax benefits are also available
- Affordable premium and higher coverage
Features of Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident Plan
The features of Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident policy are:-
- Insurance protection is available in case of permanent or partial disability and accidental death.
- Expenses for repatriation of remains in case of unfortunate death is available.
- Optional covers like temporary total disability, hospitalization because of accident for enhanced protection is also available among others.
- There are modification benefits as well as various optional covers available for policyholders.
- The policyholder also gets a cumulative bonus. The cumulative bonus of 5% is available for every claim-free year, with a maximum of 50% of the coverage amount.
- There is protection available against EMI and loan instruments.
- Service for enhanced protection is provided.
- Policyholders have the option of choosing a coach for wellness to give health advice.
Benefits of Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident Plan
Benefits of Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident Insurance are:
- This accident plan provides financial protection resulting from the disability and death of the policyholder.
- The policy protects in case of joblessness by providing a pre-decided amount as a regular flow of income
- Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident Policy gives the ben of protection against hospital bills.
- The accident insurance policy provides a cumulative bonus, thus enhancing protection.
- Education benefit and orphan benefit is available for dependent children.
Inclusions of Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident Plan
The following types of coverage can be availed under Aditya Birla Secure Personal Accident Policy:-
- Accidental Death Cover - The nominee gets 100% of the insured sum if the policyholder dies in an accident.
- Permanent Partial Disablement - On permanent disability of the policyholder due to an accident, the beneficiaries are entitled to receive the sum insured of 100%, which depends on the nature of the disablement.
- Permanent Total Disablement - If the person insured has a total permanent disability due to an accident, he/she will receive 100% of the insured sum.
- Education Benefits - On the death of the policyholder due to accident, 10% of the insured sum in lump-sum will be paid by the insurance provider towards the education of the dependent surviving child.
- Transportation of Mortal Remains - A sum of Rs 50,000 will be paid to the nominee towards transportation of mortal remains to the policyholder's residence from the spot of demise or cremation ground.
- Funeral Expenses - On the unfortunate death of the policyholder in an accident, a sum equal to a sum insured of 1%, which can be a lump sum amount of Rs 50,000 (maximum) is given towards cremation or funeral expenses.
- Emergency Road Ambulance Cover - If the person insured gets seriously injured in an accident and is hospitalized right away, the insurance provider will reimburse up to Rs 10,000 as emergency ambulance services.
- Modification Benefit - On the physical disablement of the person insured as a result of the accident, the modification charges of the vehicle or house will be reimbursed under the policy, which will be a maximum of Rs 1 lakh.
- Orphan Benefit - On the sudden demise of both of the parents due to an accident, the surviving orphan will be entitled to 10% of the insured sum, which can be a maximum of Rs 15 lakh. The amount payable does not depend on the number of surviving children.
- Compassionate Visit - Travel expenses due to visit of a close relative i.e., spouse or children where the policyholder is hospitalized, will be paid back. The maximum amount for which can be paid back is as follows:
- In the case of domestic travel, the amount paid is up to Rs 10,000
- For international travel, the amount paid is Rs 25,000
- Cumulative Bonus - If the person insured has didn't file a claim in a particular year, the policyholder will be paid a 5% bonus, which is equal to a maximum of a sum insured of 50%. The bonus claimed can be reduced by 5% of the assured amount in case of a claim.
Optional Covers of Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident Plan
Some of the optional covers under the policy are:-
- Accidental In-Patient Hospitalization Cover - On hospitalization of the policyholder due to an accident, the medical expenses like room rent, operation theatre expenses, ICU charges, surgical equipment costs, doctor’s fees, and other charges will be covered if the policyholder undergoes hospital treatment. Daycare treatments are also provided. Cashless facilities are only available at network hospitals. Under such circumstances the higher of the below will be considered:-
- The insured can get either Rs1 lakh
- 1% of the insured sum
- Broken Bones Benefit - In case of fracture of a bone in an accident, the policyholder can opt for this benefit. The benefit amount depends on the nature of the bone injury; for example, spinal cord fracture is eligible for 100% of the broken bone cover.
- Coma Benefit – In this benefit, if the person insured is in a coma because of an accident, all the charges incurred will be paid by the insurance provider.
- Loan Protect - If the policyholder meets with an unfortunate accident, the insurance provider can cover for an outstanding loan amount based on their policy term.
- Temporary or Total Disablement - Under Aditya Birla Activ Secure plan, a weekly benefit is offered to the insured. In this, the policyholder can get a maximum of up to Rs 50,000/week to 100 weeks, depending on the injury.
- Burn Benefit - The policyholder, gets coverage based on the percentage and intensity of the burn due to an accident.
- Accidental Medical Expense - For the treatment of injury of the policyholder, all the OPD charges are covered under the plan.
- EMI Protect - On death or permanent total or partial disablement of the policyholder, the insurance provider covers for the loan in monthly installments, which is subject to the policy terms.
- Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services - In case of emergency, the policyholder gets a cover for the costs of traveling to a hospital and back home under medical supervision and all procurements.
- Adventure Sports Cover - If an insured gets injured during any adventure sports, the hospitalization costs are also covered by the policy.
- Wellness Coach - The insurance provider also cares about the welfare of the policyholder. Hence the person assured is assigned a coach to guide her/him on a diet, exercise, and nutrition for fast recovery.
Exclusions of Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident Plan
The exclusions of the Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident Insurance are:-
- Self-injury caused knowingly
- Mental illness, venereal disease, sickness or psychiatric conditions
- Suicide or attempted suicide case
- Any hospitalization which is not because of accident
- Breaching of law
- War, military/usurped acts, and the act of foreign enemy
- Any illegal activity
Eligibility Criteria to Buy Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident Plan
Minimum entry age
Maximum entry age
Coverage under Total Disability
Up to 70 years
Members to be covered
Parents, spouse, up to 4 children, in-laws
Eligibility for Sum Insured
- The sum insured can be up to 12 times the gross annual income for an independent financial member.
- If the policyholder has opted for loan protection benefit, the personal accident coverage amount plus the loan protection limit opted, cannot be greater than 15 times of annual income (gross).
Sum assured can be:-
- 100% of plan coverage amount or Rs 30 lakh for a non-earning member.
- 100% of plan coverage amount or Rs 15 lakh for parents and parents-in-law. TDD benefit is not applicable in this case.
- 100% of plan coverage amount or Rs 15 lakh. TDD benefit is not applicable in this case.
Claim Process of Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident Plan
The claim process for Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident Insurance is as follows:
- Step 1: In order to register a claim with Aditya Birla, the insured person or nominee must contact the Aditya Birla customer care representatives and inform them about the hospitalization due to the accident.
- Step 2: The insured or nominee must be notified about the losses due to the accident within 7 days of the incident.
- Step 3: The policyholder or the nominee must send the relevant documents with the claim form within 30 days.
- Step 4: The insurance provider will pay out the amount within a few days, after verifying the claim and submitted documents.
Aditya Birla Activ Secure PA Policy Claim Documents
The documents required to file a claim are:
- Claim form
- Photo ID
- Age proof
- FIR of the medical-legal certificate
- Radiological investigation reports
- Copies of prescription after the accident
- Other documents
How to Buy Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident Plan?
There are multiple options available for buying the accident protection plan from Aditya Birla. One can buy online or offline, as per the convenience.
How to Buy Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident Plan Online?
For buying Aditya Birla Active Secure Personal Accident Plan, visit Aditya Birla Capital's website.
- Step 1: Select the plan to be bought. Click on 'Quick Quote.'
- Step 2: Enter the type of protection plan required, number of family members for which protection is required, age, mobile number, and email. Click on 'check products.'
- Step 3: On the next page, select the suitable policy. With every insurance plan, there will be a sum insured and annual premium
- Step 4: One can either choose to compare with other protection plans or click 'buy a plan’
- Step 5: The website has a premium calculator. Select the sum insured, policy tenure, zone, and room type. After selection, the above click 'proceed’
- Step 6: Choose additional covers in case of extra protection. Premium gets added automatically on selection. Click 'Proceed Selection’
- Step 7: Add policyholders and nominee details
- Step 8: Add professional details
- Step 9: Select the member-specific declaration
- Step 10: Select 'I agree to the above declaration' to proceed
- Step 11: Select 'send OTP' to the registered mobile number
- Step 12: Enter OTP and proceed with payment
After payment, the policyholder will get the policy documents mailed. For the offline process, visit the nearest Aditya Birla branch and complete the formalities with the insurance officer
Required Documents to Buy Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident Plan
- Age Proof: Birth Certificate, School/College Certificate, PAN card, Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, Passport, Driving License, and such documents.
- Address Proof: Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Bank A/C statement, Passport, Utility Bill, Telephone Bill, Postpaid Bill, or Letter from Recognized Public Authority.
- Photo Identity Proof: Aadhar Card, Voter ID, PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, or Public Servant with Photograph.
Renewal Process of Aditya Birla Activ Secure Personal Accident Plan
In order to renew the accident plan of Aditya Birla, the following steps need to be followed:-
- Step 1: Visit the Aditya Birla Capital website and log in with customer ID
- Step 2: Select the policy renewal option under the policy tab
- Step 3: Enter policy number, date of birth, and name of the policyholder. Click on proceed
- Step 4: For paying the amount, enter the OTP from the registered number
- Step 5: Customers can pay the amount using net banking, debit card, or credit card
Once the premium is paid, the policyholder will receive the intimation message. Thus, the policy is renewed. The policy can be renewed offline by visiting the branch with the policy document.
Ans: After the submission of documents, the claim amount is reimbursed within 7 to 30 days.
Ans: There is no limit on the number of claims, but there is a limit on the total claim amount.
Ans: A GST of 18% is charged on the plan.
Ans: Claim documents are submitted at the nearest Aditya Birla Health Insurance branch.
Ans: The premium of your health insurance plan depends on entry age and health condition.
Written By: Paisawiki - Updated: 18 November 2020