Bajaj Allianz M-Care Health Insurance Policy
Bajaj Allianz M-Care Health Insurance policy is a customized health insurance policy for vector-borne ailments that provides financial coverage for medical emergencies arising out of these diseases. The plan provides a lump-sum benefit to the insured if he/she is diagnosed with any of the health conditions arising out of vector-borne diseases. They may occur at any time during the period of the policy.
The M-Care plan covers 7 major vector-borne diseases- Dengue, Filariasis, Malaria, Chikungunya, Kala Azar, Zika Virus, and Japanese Encephalitis. This plan can be bought as a floater for an individual, spouse, and dependent children or parents.
What is the Bajaj Allianz M-Care Health Insurance Policy?
Bajaj Allianz M-Care Health Insurance policy comes with comprehensive privileges at affordable premiums. It is an all in one solution for ensuring financial support to its policyholders in the case of sickness arising out of mosquito-borne diseases. Bajaj Allianz makes sure that in the event of a medical emergency arising out of vector-borne disease, you stay financially covered.
All expenses involved from diagnosis to the recovery of these vector-borne diseases are taken care of by this plan. This medical insurance policy comes with comprehensive benefits that help you get back on your feet as soon as possible. It also comes along with a free lookup period for 15 days, where you can return the policy if not fully satisfied with it. It is a beneficial health insurance plan for those who stay in an area prone to mosquito-related illnesses.
Features and Benefits of the Bajaj Allianz M-Care Health Insurance Policy
The M-Care health insurance policy from Bajaj Allianz comes with a host of attractive features and benefits. It provides financial immunity during medical emergencies related to vector-borne diseases.
- The M-Care plan covers the following 7 mosquito-borne diseases - Dengue, Malaria, Chikungunya, Kala Azar, Zika Virus, Japanese Encephalitis, and Filariasis.
- The M-Care plan provides insured options for Rs 10,000, Rs 15,000, Rs 25,000, Rs 50,000, and Rs 75,000
- If the policyholder is diagnosed with any vector-borne diseases, the policy will pay a lump-sum amount to the insured.
- The policy can be availed as an Individual or a Floater Cover. Under the family floater policy, the policyholder can insure the self, dependent children, spouse, or dependent parents.
- The M-Care policy aims to provide great privileges with an affordable premium.
- No co-payment is applicable
- No pre-entrance medical check-ups are required up to 55 years of age
- The insured can avail cashless hospitalization at all Bajaj Allianz network hospitals
- If you purchase the policy online from the Bajaj Allianz website, you can save up to 20% on premiums.
- This policy offers a lifetime renewal benefit.
- It also comes along with a free-look period 15 days where you can decide to not continue with this policy in this duration.
- Comprehensive Cover: This plan by Bajaj Allianz provides complete protection to individual and family members. It covers all major healthcare expenses and services related to vector-borne ailments.
- Customized Plan: Bajaj Allianz health insurance M-Care plan comes with customizable sum insured amounts that can be extended depending on the need. It provides many additional coverage options offered.
- Affordable Plan: This plan by Bajaj Allianz health insurance plans is known for providing extensive coverage at a reasonable premium cost. It ensures an affordable cover for vector-borne ailments.
- Convenient: Bajaj Allianz M-Care insurance plan offers a simplified and easy way to secure the plan online on the website and offline. You can easily purchase, renew, and submit claims for the plan online.
- Vast Network: Bajaj Health Insurance M-Care plan is easily accessible across the country through a vast network of 6000+ hospitals that provide cashless hospitalization.
- Claim Assistance: This plan comes with easy and quick assistance for any claims, both online and offline, backed up by an efficient Claims Management team.
- Tax Benefits:The insured can avail tax benefits on premiums paid for the M-Care plan under Section 80D of the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961.
Inclusion of the Bajaj Allianz M-Care Health Insurance Policy
The policy includes the following:
- Availability of cashless hospitalization facility in-network hospitals
- Lump-sum benefit amount provided if diagnosed suffering from the listed Vector-Borne diseases
- Availability of renewal benefit for a lifetime
- Sum insured options- Minimum Rs 10,000 , maximum Rs 75,000
- Coverage for Dengue, Filariasis, Chikungunya, Japanese Encephalitis, Kala Azar, and Zika Virus
Exclusions of the Bajaj Allianz M-Care Health Insurance Policy
The policy doesn’t cover the following condition:
- Any admission to hospital for diseases whose treatment takes less than 24 hours
- Any treatment for diseases other than the specified vector-borne conditions
- Any treatment of the listed vector-borne disease that is diagnosed within the first 15 days since the date of purchase of the policy
- If the listed vector-borne conditions are diagnosed but fall in the pre-existing disease category (60 days waiting period for the same)
- Any treatment undertaken outside India (except in European Union countries, New Zealand, Japan, Singapore, Canada, Switzerland, Dubai, Malaysia, USA, Hong Kong, and Dubai)
Eligibility Criteria to Buy the Bajaj Allianz M-Care Health Insurance Policy
The minimum entry age for the plan is 18 years of age.
- The maximum entry age is 65 years at the time availing the policy.
- There are no age restrictions for any children covered under this policy. You can avail cover for children as soon as the child is born, i.e. even at 0 days.
Claim Process of the Bajaj Allianz M-Care Health Insurance Policy
Bajaj Allianz provides two methods for claims processing:
- Cashless Claims Procedure
- Reimbursement Claims Procedure
Cashless Claims Procedure
This procedure is applicable for hospitalization in-network hospitals of the Bajaj Allianz Group. The first thing you need during planned hospitalization or emergency is to notify the insurance authorities.
The steps to be followed under the Cashless Claims procedure are as follows:
- Notify Bajaj Allianz authorities about the hospitalization, giving complete details about you and the hospital. This can be done at the insurance help desk of the hospital.
- You can fill the form at the desk and fax or email it.
- Bajaj Allianz insurance authorities will examine and verify your information and send an Authorization Letter as an approval within 2 hours of the request.
- Your cashless hospitalization request may be accepted, rejected, or considered incomplete based on this.
- In case it is rejected, you can continue with hospitalization to be followed by the Reimbursement Claim process.
Reimbursement Claim Procedure
This claim process is applicable for admission to non-network hospitals where cashless claims do not work. Here also, you need to notify the insurance authorities within 48 hours of hospitalization or diagnosis of any of the listed vector-borne diseases.
The steps for following the Reimbursement Claims procedure are as follows:
- Intimate Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance team about the hospitalization on time as per the format.
- Follow up with the hospital treatment and medical procedures as prescribed by the doctors.
- Collect all hospital bills, medical prescriptions, doctor and nurse bills, investigation reports and the hospital discharge summary.
- Submit all the necessary documents along with your KYC documents for Claims Processing with the insurance team within 30 days of diagnosis of the vector-borne disease.
- The Bajaj Allianz Claims processing team will examine and verify all your documents. If everything is found correct, your claim will be successfully processed, and the expenses will be reimbursed through NEFT payment into your registered bank account.
How to Buy the Bajaj Allianz M-Care Health Insurance Policy?
Buying Bajaj Allianz M-Care Health Insurance Policy is very easy with paisawiki.com. All you require is to visit the website, go to the ‘Get Free Quotes’ option, provide the necessary details, compare plans and buy. The premiums are to be paid online through a secured payment gateway.
You can also access Paisawiki website and share your phone number. Their expert team will help you compare online plans and find the best health insurance policy. They will also provide purchase assistance as per your needs.
If you purchase the policy after contacting any of the listed vector-borne diseases, you will have to go through a waiting period of 60 days. This is applicable from the date of the previous admission for the ailment.
Documents Required to Buy the Bajaj Allianz M-Care Health Insurance Policy
Bajaj Allianz M-Care health plan keeps its application process smooth and straightforward for everyone. You just need to keep the copies of necessary documents ready when you apply for buying their policy online.
- Identity Proof: PAN Card/ Voter Id/Driving License/Passport
- Address Proof: AADHAAR Card/Voter Id/Driving license
- 3 Passport size photographs of each member to be insured
- Any medical history document as required by the insurer
Renewal Process of the Bajaj Allianz M-Care Health Insurance Policy
You can easily renew your Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance plan options online from Paisawiki website.
You can select the 'Renew Online' option on the website. Select the name and type of the insurance policy you want to renew. Then, you need to enter your mobile number, email ID, policy number, etc. and proceed to renew your policy.
You can compare options for insurance online and finalize the plan. Use their InstaRenew feature to renew your health insurance policy in just three easy steps. Input your DOB and the policy number or mobile number and click on the ‘Proceed” option for policy renewal.
Things to Keep in Mind while Renewing this Policy
- If the insurer pays a benefit and the policyholder renews the policy, you need to go through a 60-day waiting period from the date of the previous admission for the ailment.
- If you renew the policy after the completion of 60 days from the date of admission of the previous claim, a waiting period of 15 days is applicable for all the vector-borne diseases listed in the policy.
Ans: Bajaj Allianz M-Care plan is an annual protection plan against illnesses arising out of 7 listed vector-borne diseases. It can be availed both as an Individual as well as a family floater policy with varying sum insured options. You can provide coverage for yourself, your spouse, dependent children, and even parents under this policy.
Ans: No, there are no Bajaj Allianz network hospitals that provide cashless hospitalization abroad. Also, this plan will not cover any treatment related to these diseases in countries abroad, except for those carried out in listed countries, i.e., New Zealand, Japan, USA, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Canada, Switzerland, Dubai, and the European Union Countries.
Ans: If you stay in mosquito prone areas that are subject to a frequent outbreak of mosquito-borne diseases, like Dengue, Malaria, Chikungunia, Zika Virus fever, etc., this plan will prove to be beneficial for you and your family. The insured individual will get a lump sum payment of the sum insured in the event he is diagnosed suffering from any of the vector-borne diseases. It is different from other health insurance plans as it is specifically related to medical emergencies related to these mosquito-borne diseases.
Ans: If an individual or an insured family member is diagnosed with any vector-borne disease within 15 days of purchasing the policy, the treatment expenses will not be covered. This will not apply for each renewed year of the plan, where the previous policy periods have been claims free.
Ans: The M-Care plan is associated with a waiting period only in the following cases:
- If an individual was diagnosed and treated with a listed vector-borne disease, and the policy is purchased after that.
- When the policy is being renewed, and the insured individual has exhausted the policy benefit in the previous policy period.
In the above two cases, a waiting period of 60 days from the date of the previous admission will be applicable.
Written By: Paisawiki - Updated: 18 November 2020