Go Digit General Insurance
Go Digit General Insurance Ltd. has rewritten the contours by offering the consumer a fully digital platform covering the entire lifecycle of their portfolio of non-life insurance products. Incorporated in 2016, it started as Oben General Insurance Limited. In harmony with their ethos to deliver the simplest form of insurance to which Indian consumers can relate, the company was rechristened as Go Digit General Insurance Ltd.
Operating from Bengaluru, the insurer has established a 1500 strong network of strategic partners that include brokers, agents, and dealers spread across 70 cities and towns in India. They have also managed to rope in Cleartrip and Flipkart as Direct Channel partners to expand their distribution footprint. With the backing of Fairfax, a financial holding company based in Toronto, Canada, it churns out a simplistic array of general insurance products like Motor, Bike, Health, Travel, and Home at affordable rates, because of low overheads in the absence of agents.
Go Digit General Insurance: Present Position
Go Digit General Insurance Ltd. endeavours to chart a course where the insurance products are simple, convenient and transparent. The company has endeavoured to change perceptions of how insurance products are viewed, purchased, and claimed. In simple words, this translates to "Make Insurance Simple."
The insurer has revolutionized the concept of insurance products by reimagining and redesigning processes. The outcome is the creation of insurance solutions that are ultimately minimalistic and transparent to the consumer. In harmony with its mission, the insurer is focused on building a technology-driven platform, capable of delivering affordable, yet customized insurance products to its customers.
Go Digit General Insurance Limited – Major Highlights
Some interesting data is appended below to showcase the performance of Go Digit General Insurance Ltd. to help the consumers form an opinion. These are parameters that come into play while making an informed insurer choice with confidence.
Highlights as on 31 March 2019
Gross Direct Premium In General and Health Insurance
Incurred Claim Ratio
Assets Under Management
Number of GI Products Approved including add-on and endorsement
Number of Health Insurance Products Approved including add-on and endorsement
Claim Settlement Ratio (GMC Health Claim Settlement Ratio)
Digit General Insurance: Products and Services
The insurer's primary goal is to design general insurance plans in several verticals that are most sought after in the Indian context. Digit General Insurance has specialized, providing simplistic no-frills, yet heavily loaded with features to satisfy the need and comfort of the people. Among the many, the focus is on the popular Motor and Health Insurance.
Go Digit Motor Insurance
The motor Insurance portfolio comprises plans for every conceivable vehicle on the road for personal use, be it in the four and two-wheeler categories. As per IRDAI guidelines, any motorized vehicle on Indian roads must compulsorily be covered by a suitable insurance policy, at least for the Third Party if not Comprehensive. Accordingly, the plans on offer are.
Car Insurance: Car insurance plans are to be availed as:
- Third-Party Insurance –This insurance plan provides compulsory coverage as per the guidelines of the Motor Vehicles Act. In case the insured vehicle causes any loss or damage to any third party or his property or vehicle in the event of an accident, this coverage becomes a must.
- Comprehensive Cover- This is an extended motor insurance package that provides a high-security cover for your car by offering coverage both in case of any accidental damage to your car and also in case of third party accidental liabilities. Not only is the vehicle covered against any loss or damage, but the owner is also insured in the event of his death or disability (total or partial) in an accident.
Two Wheeler / Bike Insurance: Under two wheeler insurance of Go Digit General Insurance, the below plans are available:
- Third-Party – Just like four-wheelers, third party insurance for two-wheelers is a mandatory law requirement. It aims to cover the claims arising due to third-party loss, damage or accident by the insured vehicle. It does not cover any damage to the insured vehicle or its loss.
- Comprehensive Cover-This insurance policy offers an extensive insurance cover for two-wheelers that covers the insured vehicle in case of its loss or damage in an accident or theft or any disaster. It also includes third-party liability cover that may arise in the event of any loss or accidental damage to the life or property of third parties to an accident.
Health Insurance in India has, of late, attained the status of a must financial tool for protection against high medical costs arising out of medical contingencies involving hospitalization. True to their grain of dishing out simplistic uncomplicated, yet robust coverage at an affordable price to benefit the general consumer, they have tailor-made health insurance plans to offer.
Health Insurance: Go Digit General Insurance offers two health insurance plan variants –the Smart Plan and the Comfort Plan based on the features included in both the plans.
- This plan variant is a simple yet affordable health cover for individuals and families and even senior citizens.
- It covers all kinds of hospitalization, whether due to accidents, critical illness or sickness.
- It covers most daycare procedures, age-independent copayments, road ambulance charges, ICU charges, complimentary health checkups, pre and post hospitalization expenses, etc.
- It also provides for maternity cover and newborn baby cover.
- Even bariatric surgery, alternate treatments like AYUSH, and Psychiatric Illness is covered under this plan.
- However, this plan does not provide any additional sum insured amount in case of hospitalization due to accidents or critical illness.
This plan variant is a feature-rich cover that provides additional extensive health cover. It has all the benefits of the Smart plan cover plus a host of additional benefits. These extra features are as follows:
- This plan variant provides additional coverage specifically for Accidental Hospitalizations and Critical Illnesses, at absolute zero cost.
- There is no age-based copayment, which means, in case of health insurance claims, the insurer does not need to pay anything from his/her pocket.
- No room rent restriction is there.
- This plan also provides for a 2X times Sum Insured reload, which means that if the sum insured is exhausted in a policy year, the insurer will arrange for the refill.
- Organ donor expenses and domiciliary hospitalization are covered.
- Daily Hospital benefit is provided under this plan.
- Maternity cover and the newborn baby cover is also provided.
Go Digit Arogya Sanjeevani Plan
The Go Digit Arogya Sanjeevani Plan is based on the Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance launched by the IRDAI, as an approach to provide a basic and simplified health plan to be offered by all health insurance companies. The basic policy features are:
- This plan is a standard health insurance plan that provides health insurance coverage from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 5 lakh.
- The Go Digit Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance plan offers both an individual policy as well as a family floater plan for the entire family.
- This plan provides for low premiums and low copayments to make it affordable for the common man.
- This coverage includes hospital room rent, pre and post hospitalization expenses, ICU services, ambulance charges, and even modern treatments.
- Plastic surgery, dental procedures and even cataract surgery are covered.
- Alternative treatments, like Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha or Homeopathy, are totally covered under this plan if carried out in certified hospitals and nursing homes.
- New Age treatments like oral chemotherapy, High-intensity ultrasound, balloon sinuplasty, deep brain stimulation, robotic surgeries, Green Laser treatments, Immunotherapy, STEM cell therapy are covered under the policy.
Digit Health Care Plus
This customized plan offers health insurance benefits along with OPD expense cover. Coverage for OPD or Outpatient Department treatment is generally excluded from most health insurance policies. These treatments are typically carried out under the supervision of a doctor or a medical practitioner, at their clinic or consultation room. OPD treatments DO NOT require hospitalization. Hence, this plan is especially beneficial in such cases. The plan covers:
- All kinds of accidental, critical illness or any pandemic related hospitalization.
- Covers fractures, dental treatments, hearing aids, and even minor surgeries.
- Easy coverage offered for professional fees, diagnostic charges, and other medical bills.
- Covers ICU expenses, road ambulance charges, health checkups, and even bariatric surgery.
- Provides a lump sum amount for post-hospitalization expenses.
- Psychiatric illnesses are also covered.
- Age-independent co-payment options.
- No restrictions applicable on hospital room rents.
- Also provides maternity and infant cover.
Super Top-up Health Insurance
This plan acts like a top-up or an extension to an existing health insurance plan. It provides additional coverage benefits and a sum insured amount when a policyholder has already exhausted his annual coverage limit. Here are the features of this Go Digit Health Insurance plan:
- The super top-up insurance plan gives the facility to pay the deductible amount only once. Claims can be made multiple times a year after that.
- An individual covered under this plan can get extensive coverage for his family members at a much lower cost.
- This plan provides a customization feature to choose the sum insured amount from Rs 10 lakh to Rs 20 lakh.
- An individual can choose from deductibles ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 5 lakh.
- It covers all types of hospitalizations and daycare treatments.
- There is no restriction on the type of hospital room rent.
Go Digit General Insurance Renewal Process
The renewal of the policy is needed if the insured wishes to continue with the cover, be it Motor Insurance or Health Insurance. In the case of Motor Insurance, it is to remain on the right side of the law, in compliance with IRDAI stipulation. In the case of health insurance, the compulsion arises from the necessity to protect oneself from the hazard of a medical emergency financially. The Go Digit General Insurance Policy renewal process is entirely digital.
Go Digit General Insurance - Step by Step Guide to Online Renewal Process
The renewal process is as simple at the Go Digit Portal, online premium payment, already discussed earlier. The consumer has the additional choice of visiting paisawiki.com for the same convenience as enjoyed in the Go Digit Portal. The steps involved are:
- Step 1: Visit the official portal of paisawiki.com and invoke the “Renewal” button at the top Status Bar on the Home Page.
- Step 2: The policyholder has to log in using the options of OTP based registration or with Policy Details in case of Motor Insurance. Alternatively, the policyholder can seek assistance by calling at the toll-free number.
- Step 3: Navigate the data input windows as prompted by the system, filling up the Policy Details and other requisite information pertaining to the changes sought, including No Claim Bonus.
- Step 4: Receive the quote for renewal premium and proceed for payment, signifying acceptance.
- Step 5: Ensure Go Digit General Insurance Online Payment using the available options to continue with another term of worry-free insurance cover.
Documents Required for Renewal of Go Digit General Insurance
Generally, no documents are required in case of renewing any insurance policy from Go Digit. The renewal process is a simple and convenient one and is totally online. However, in case of a policy lapse due to non-renewal for a period that exceeds the grace period of the policy, the policyholder would have to start afresh.
In such cases, the policyholder's personal documents like copies of passport, Driving License, or Voter ID, and address proof in the form of AADHAAR or utility bills, will be required to be submitted.
Go Digit General Insurance - Claim Settlement Process
Claim settlement is one mechanism that determines the efficiency of the insurer. Claim Settlement and Incurred Claim Ratios are essential indicators to scrutinize. Added to this, TAT (Turn-Around-Time) is also another crucial factor for customer comfort and satisfaction. Go Digit has achieved a TAT of over 72% in the case of Motor Own Damage Insurance of 15 days.
The claim settlement mechanism in Go Digit General Insurance is quick, simple, and paperless and hassle-free being fully digital. It is also open round the clock for claim intimation and registration. A cashless claim is the order of the day, but the reimbursement claim is equally swift and efficient.
Motor Insurance Claim
There are certain inherent advantages in the claim settlement process in Go Digit Motor Insurance. The simplified technology-driven process also makes the entire experience cost-effective and seamless. The points to consider are:
- The Smartphone enabled App facilitates self-inspection of damages and their reporting in 7 minutes eminently possible. It saves precious time that a surveyor based inspection system usually entails.
- The App also makes the paperless environment come alive with the upload of documents and other features adding to the customer’s peace of mind.
- Damage to a car in an accident or a natural calamity is a matter of distress to the owner, and the additional financial burden weighs heavily in their mind. Go Digit cashless repairs in 1400+ Network Garages across the country is the right comfort under the circumstances, not to mention the doorstep pick and drop facility.
The claim settlement process can be summarized in three simple steps.
- Step I: Just a call at 1800-258-5956 or a mail shall activate the process.
- Step II: A link is transmitted immediately at the registered mobile number. It guides the claimant to shoot the vehicle's damages in sequential steps.
- Step III: The final step involves choosing the mode of claim settlement, either Cashless or Reimbursement. Once chosen, Go Digit takes over, and the vehicle is on the way to return to its original glory before the incident.
Go Digit General Health Insurance – Online Claim Process
Claims in health insurance generally fall into two categories. The first is the most preferred Cashless, and the other is Reimbursement. To make the process seamless, Go Digit boasts of 5900+ Partner Network Hospitals where the insured can simply walk in and avail of best possible hospital healthcare covered by Go Digit Health Insurance.
Reimbursement Claim: The process involved can be completed in a few simple steps.
- Step 1: Intimate and register the claim by merely calling the dedicated toll- free number or email them.
- Step 2: A link is mailed to the registered mobile number of the insured where all the relevant documents, including Go Digit General Insurance Claim Form, are to be uploaded.
- Step 3: Go Digit starts processing the claim and remits the approved proceeds electronically for the credit of the beneficiary account.
Cashless Claim: There are two modes available to the insured for Cashless Claim with Go Digit. One is Planned, and the other is Emergency Hospitalization. In the case of the former, prior intimation to the dedicated toll-free number at 1800-258-4242 or sending a mail is necessary for preauthorization for Cashless Claim green signal. In case of Emergency Hospitalization, the following are the indicative steps involved.
- Step 1: Choose the Network Hospital where treatment is sought. The Network list can be obtained at the insurer portal.
- Step 2: Walk into the chosen hospital and display the E-Health Card at the Helpdesk with a request for the Cashless Request Form.
- Step 3: The claim is accepted after verification and processed instantly to facilitate hassle-free hospital treatment.
Documents Required for Claim
Cashless Claim process is not a headache, as far as documentation is concerned, but in the case of Reimbursement at least an indicative list of documents should be handy.
- Duly filled and signed Go Digit General Insurance Claim Form
- Discharge Summary
- Treating Doctor’s Certificate
- All medical papers of the hospital including requisition slips
- Original Investigation and Diagnostic Reports, Plates, Slides, CD etc.
- Hospital Bill and its breakup, duly authenticated by the hospital
- Original Pharmacy bills.
Additional documents, if applicable:
- Death Certificate
- Post Mortem Report
- Police FIR or MLC
- Police Panchnama
Go Digit General Insurance: Premium Payment Process
Go Digit General Insurance has truly transformed the approach to a worthy purchase of a general insurance product with its simplification and transparency. The insurer operates on a fully digital platform, which provides multiple benefits to the customer.
The primary among them is the process of selection which helps to compare plans and model suitable insurance plans matching individual preference, budget and profile. In addition, the cost-benefit is substantial as the premium is low in the absence of overheads and intermediaries, the benefits of which are passed on to the customer.
- Go Digit General Insurance digital platform is open for Online Payment only.
- Offline premium payment is not supported in any form whatsoever.
- While contemplating premium payment, a customer is spoilt for choice as aggregators like paisawiki.com are more than happy to assist in making a hassle-free purchase on their portal in a friendly environment.
- All one has to do is visit the portal of choice at paisawiki.com and select the vertical of purchase in the button “Get a Quote”. The customer will be guided to navigate the tabs and pages, filling the data asked for, to get a quote leading to furnishing additional information to complete the form.
- The customer is directed to the payment page where digital payments using Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking etc. are executed through a secure gateway to complete the premium payment process of Go Digit General Insurance Plan.
Go Digit Motor Insurance –Online Premium Payment Process
Having understood the efficacy of online premium payment, a customer has to visit the portal and look for the “Get a Quote” or “Buy Now” Button. Once located, the following few steps will suffice the premium payment process in full. The entire procedure is confined to three sequential steps of Choose Plan, Fill Details and finally Payment.
- Step 1: Visit the paisawiki.com portal and select the vertical of the chosen policy for premium payment. In the Motor Insurance dropdown menu, select car or Bike as the case may be to open the "Get a Quote" window. The first input sought is the Vehicle Registration Number, and on clicking the "Get a Quote" button, a new page opens with retrieved vehicle details displayed on the monitor screen. One who does not remember the registration number; there is an option to retrieve it by inputting Brand, Variant and Purchase Date. On confirmation, the customer navigates to a new page.
- Step 2: The contact number is sought, which becomes the primary contact number for communication. Tick accepting the terms to continue to the next page.
- Step 3: From here, the system prompts to enter the information that will ultimately lead to modelling the plan to one's choice. The primary input here is the choice of the Third Party or Comprehensive Cover. The plan is now ready with all the add-on and No Claim Bonus from the previous years, if applicable.
- Step 4: The customer is prompted to complete the form with all personal details to complete the process of data input. Once complete, the instant quote is generated for acceptance.
- Step 5: The final step is Go Digit General Insurance Online Payment. Select from the options available at the secure gateway to pay. The process is done for the customers to receive the policy document for preservation, and the vehicle is insured to fulfil the statutory requirement of IRDAI.
Go Digit General Health Insurance – Online Premium Payment Process
Very similar to the principles applied in Car and Bike premium payment, Health Insurance involves greater insight to model the ideal plan that also needs a selection of sum insured members for cover, policy term and add on features for comprehensive financial protection from medical contingencies. The defined steps pertain to the navigation in the online portal like paisawiki.com, which prompts the customer at every step with enough explanations and assistance at every stage.
- Step 1. Visit the paisawiki.com website and find the window for the "Get Quote" button. The input is PIN Code for Zone selection, add the members for inclusion in the policy, Mobile number, agree to the Terms and Conditions and click on the "Get Quote" button.
- Step 2: A new page opens seeking the number of the members chosen. On submission, the next page seeks vital information regarding the cover and options, whether Smart or Comfort, Add-ons, Sub-limits, etc., along with Additional sum insured Accident and Critical Care. The last input is if inflation driven increment of a fixed sum every year is necessary. Click on “Continue”.
- Step 3: The next page seeks other detailed personal information, including health profile and lifestyle data like smoking to "Continue."
- Step 4: The final quote is given for acceptance and Go Digit General Insurance Online Payment through the secure gateway using available payment options.
- Step 5: Comply with other mandatory requirements for acceptance of the proposal and generation of Policy Document for preservation.
Go Digit General Insurance Company: Achievements and Awards
Within the short span of their operations commencing in 2016, the insurer has reached many milestones and won accolades from diverse entities within the industry and without. The untiring efforts of Go Digit General Insurance Ltd. in presenting insurance solutions in new avatars close to the diverse tastes of Indian consumers have paid dividends and earned well-deserved recognition.
- Earned a Gross Written Premium of Rs 1204 crore in the Financial Year 2018-19
- Rated among the Hottest Startups in India in 2019
- Placed 5th in ranking Among Top Startups in 2018 by Linkedin
- Go Digit was featured in the Global List of Fastest-Growing Fintech Startups in 2018 by CB Insights Fintech Top 250
- Rated 4 and above by 92% of customers
- The first General Insurance Company to surpass 10000 claims in the first year of operation
- Asia’s Best General Insurance Company of the Year 2019 by Asia Insurance Review
- Best General Insurance Company by CMPO Confluence and Corporate Awards 2019
- Insurtech of the Year by 10th Asia CMO Awards 2019
- SKOCH Order of Merit 2018 and 2019, consecutively by SKOCH Awards
Ans: The insurer must be aware of what is not covered to obviate disappointment in claim settlement. The major indicative points to remember are:
- Own damage to the vehicle in Third Party Insurance
- Driving without a license or while drunk
- Driving with a Learner’s License without an accompanying valid Driving License holder
- Consequential damages
- Contributory negligence
- Inadequate add-on cover
Ans: The insurer must be aware of what is not covered, which is lucidly defined in the policy schedule.:
- Look for different applicable Waiting Periods like Initial, Specific Diseases, Pre-existing Diseases, Maternity and Newborn Baby cover and Survival Period, especially for Critical Illness cover, to be sure ground.
- A clause of Sub-limits and Copayment
- Other permanent exclusions that are applicable across all the plan options
Ans: Any medical condition that existed at the time of purchase and shared in the proposal form is deemed to be excluded for cover until the expiry of the waiting period based on the chosen option.
Ans: Yes, but can apply for Reimbursement claim only.
Ans: Where a single policy covers all the members of the family for the single sum insured.
Ans: It is the Insured Declared Value of the vehicle, payable as a claim in case of theft or total damage.
Ans: It is applicable only when repairs are undertaken at Digit Authorized Repair Centre. However, any deductible amount defined in the policy schedule is borne by the insured.
Ans: The coverage is for Third Party Liabilities as well as Own Damage to vehicle.
Ans: Certain treatments that do not require an overnight stay of 24 hours in a hospital due to technological advantages are called Day Care Procedure.
Ans: Go Digit General Insurance offers a digital platform, which precludes any Offline operations.
Written By: Paisawiki - Updated: 16 December 2020