HDFC ERGO Women Suraksha Health Insurance
A woman's multitasking role puts her under great stress, which leads to lifestyle diseases, cardiovascular disorders, and other ailments like Cancer, Osteoporosis, and Auto-Immune Diseases. HDFC ERGO Women Suraksha Health Insurance Plan is designed with a comprehensive cover, specifically with all these in mind.
Additionally, HDFC ERGO has also considered the vulnerabilities of Indian women in general, encompassing specific medical conditions plaguing them. Metabolic factors leading to Diabetes and Hypertension, social conditions that result in Assault and Burns, Pregnancy and Congenital defects, are some of the women's specific health issues, have also been incorporated in the umbrella my: health Women Suraksha brand. It is supported by HDFC Ergo General Insurance. Presently the company boasts of 120+ branches spread over 106+ locations in India.
What is Women Suraksha Health Insurance Policy?
In simple words, the plan can be described as a comprehensive health cover meeting the special needs of the modern-day woman. The Women Suraksha Plan protects the entire gamut of a minor, major, surgeries, and critical illnesses that women are prone to. Thus, it is a single plan protecting the woman from numerous ailments with unique features. Keeping the primary aim in focus, the umbrella plan is embellished with these unique attributes:
- It covers women with holistic healthcare needs in specific minor and major ailments, specialized surgeries, and a wide list of 41 critical illnesses.
- Any geographical boundary does not bind it; on the other hand, it offers worldwide coverage to surgeries and ailments occurring abroad.
- Optional covers that empower women – Loss of employment, Pregnancy, Neo-natal complications, and Post Diagnosis support.
- The policy continues uninterrupted even when partially used for minor ailments, to protect against major illness and surgeries for the balance of the sum insured.
Types of Plans in Suraksha Health Insurance Policy
As already enunciated, it is an umbrella plan for a range of options offered to the woman of today, with focused cover for their overall well-being. Thus, there are plans as under:
- Women Cancer Plus Plan: Cover for Cancer and Major Illness
- Women CI Essential Plan: Cover for Cancer, Major Illness, Cardiac Ailments, Surgical Procedures
- Women CI Comprehensive Plan: Cover for Cancer, Major Illness, Cardiac Ailments, Surgical Procedures, and 41 Critical Illnesses
Features and Benefits of HDFC ERGO Women Suraksha Health Insurance Plan
The Women Suraksha Health Insurance Policy is designed to protect the women in the Indian household from the multiple hazards that one encounters in daily life, which includes health concerns as well as social imbalances. Thus, the plan features a range of benefits with a far-reaching impact on the wellbeing of women. Some of the major ones to ponder over are:
- Comprehensive cover, exclusively for women-specific Minor and Major Ailments, and surgeries.
- Cover for all women in the family in a single plan.
- Sum insured gets paid in a lump sum in a single transaction.
- A wide choice of cover ranging from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 24 lakh.
- Policy term options of 1, 2 and 3 years.
- Can save up to a considerable amount on premium for choosing policy terms above 1 year. Additional savings pertain to family and loyalty.
- Premium payment options are available as Annual, Half-yearly, Quarterly and Monthly installments.
- With lifelong renewability, my: Health Women Suraksha plan provides uninterrupted coverage.
- Optional Coverage for the following, defined in terms of percentages of the sum insured and specified limits:
- Cover for Pregnancy-related issues
- Newborn baby complications in a range of congenital medical conditions, which includes surgical separation of Conjoined Twins
- Cover for job loss due to resignation or termination on the diagnosis of any of the Major Illnesses and Surgical procedures. 50% of the monthly salary is paid for 6 months or 50% the sum insured, whichever is lower
- Post Diagnosis Support comprising of Second Medical Opinion, Outpatient Counseling, and Molecular Gene Expression Profiling Test
- Benefits of reduced premium. On the diagnosis of any of the covered Minor Ailments, with a waiver of 50% of the premium for renewal of subsequent 5 policy years.
- Wellness Benefits covering Fitness Discount, Health Incentive, Wellness Services, and Health Coach to encourage a healthy lifestyle
- Tax deductions under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Exclusions of Women Suraksha Health Insurance Policy
Being aware of the inclusions and exclusions is essential for the policyholder to be free from worry regarding the claim process. It is imperative to go through the fine print of the document to comprehend its contents and its impact on the policy's conduct.
- Self-inflicted injuries and attempted suicide are not covered.
- War and war-like situations and participation in defense operations are not covered.
- Participation in adventure and extreme sports with accidents as its outcome is not covered.
- Venereal and sexually transmitted diseases are not covered.
- Any treatment related to obesity issues and cosmetic surgery is not covered.
- Any accident arising out of indulgence in illegal and criminal activities is beyond the purview of the plan.
A host of waiting periods has a direct bearing on the admissibility of claim. So the policyholder must be aware of them. The various parameters leading to waiting time is detailed as per the period involved:
- 90 Days: It is applied to ailments and illnesses in the Major category.
- 180 Days: It is applied to ailments and illnesses in the Minor category.
- 1 Year: To activate cover for pregnancy and newborn baby issues
- 7 Days: For inclusion of cover for illnesses and procedures, which include maternity issues.
- 30 Days: For complications of the newborn baby from the date of delivery and childbirth.
Eligibility for HDFC ERGO Women Suraksha Health Insurance Plan
Any woman in the age range from 18 to 45 years is eligible to purchase this plan. If one wants to cover for Pregnancy, which is optional, the age should be 18 to 40 years. Furthermore, eligibility of cover extends to the entire household practically, comprising of self, dependent Daughter, dependent Mother, and Mother-in-law, Grandmother, Daughter-in-Law, Granddaughter, Sister, Sister-in-Law, and Niece.
Claim Process of HDFC ERGO Women Suraksha Health Insurance Plan
The insurance provider has devised a robust Claim Settlement Mechanism for a seamless experience to the customer. The first step is intimation. It can be done at the portal or by calling their dedicated number. It is to be importantly noted that the claim registration has to be made within 7 days of the event's occurrence.
- Intimation at the Portal: The options to choose are any of the Policy Number. Cell Number or Email ID. On verification of the OTP sent, the claim is registered.
- Phone Number: The claimant has to call at +91 22 6234 6234. The Claims Service personnel will guide the claim procedure to its successful completion.
Documents to be Submitted for a Smooth Claim Settlement Process:
- Duly filled and signed Claim Form
- Valid KYC documents for all claims above Rs.1 lakh along with the KYC declaration form
- NEFT details along with a canceled cheque leaf
Documents Specific to Critical Illness Claim:
- Duly completed and signed Claim Form
- Diagnosis certificate for any of the listed Critical Illness from a Doctor not less than MD / MS
- Investigation Reports and related documents confirming the diagnosis of Critical Illness
- Discharge and Day Care Summary from the Hospital in the original
- It is important to note that the claimant must retain copies of all the documents, so that they may be submitted along with any other document called for by HDFC Ergo
Points to Remember:
- The claim should be submitted within 7 days of the occurrence of the event, lest it is rejected.
- All claims are subject to the approval of the Surveyor appointed by HDFC Ergo.
How to Buy Women Suraksha Plan?
Though the option to buy Health Insurance Policies at the offices of HDFC Ergo is always open, the better purchase option is to compare plans online and then commit to purchase. The steps for the Women Suraksha Plan comparison is outlined below in sequential steps.
- Log in to the official website of Paisawiki and navigate to the right health insurance options.
- From the two types open to compare online – Select the Suraksha Tab, leaving the Critical Illness tab alone.
- Click on the "Buy Online" Tab, which appears on the selection of the plan to buy.
- On the new page, the premium is calculated after some basic information is keyed in. The Premium Calculator asks for the type of insurance – Individual or Floater, Quantum of Sum Insured, Date of Birth to project a premium amount.
- The personal details need to be keyed on this page, including a detailed health history.
- To continue, the applicant is led to a secure payment gateway page.
- Pay the premium, and the purchase procedure is complete, with the policy document and kit ready for dispatch.
Required Documents to Buy the Women Suraksha Plan
At HDFC ergo, like all other insurers, the set of documents defined for Women Suraksha Plan are standardized as follows:
- Valid photo Identity Proof
- Valid Age Proof
- Valid Residence Proof
It varies for the salaried, the self-employed, and professionals.
However, the insurer is free to ask for any additional documents deemed necessary for any specific plan.
Renewal Process of Women Suraksha Health Insurance Policy
As has been already discussed, Women Suraksha Health Insurance Plans can be bought in policy terms of 1, 2, and 3 years as per convenience. It is pertinent to point out that the renewal process must be completed, preferably, on or before the due date. If not, at least within the grace period to enjoy the uninterrupted cover, else all benefits cease. The preferred mode is online at the portal, opting for the “Renew Now” tab in a few simple steps.
- Visit Paisawiki.com
- Key in Policy Number / Mobile number / Mail ID
- Click on the "Renew Now" button for the policy details to be fetched along with the payable premium.
- Pay the displayed premium online and save the acknowledgment for future reference.
FAQs About Women Suraksha Health Insurance Policy
Ans: Since the claim is settled in a lump sum, it is classified Fixed Benefit Plan.
Ans: It is broadly categorized into 2 types – Minor and Major, with different applicable cover limits.
Ans: It is restricted to 25% of the sum insured, subject to a maximum of Rs 10 lakh for any of the diseases listed in the policy as Minor.
Ans: The remainder of the sum insured cover is carried forward at the next renewal, with an additional benefit of 50% reduction in premium for subsequent 5 consecutive renewals.
Ans: The claim can be raised only once for Minor and Major Illness categories for each of the stages.
- Minor Stage: Once the claim has been accepted in this category, all other covers related to Minor Stage are withdrawn.
- Major Stage: The balance of the cover is attributed to this stage, after accommodating the claim for Minor Stage. On admission and settlement of Major Stage illness, the policy terminates.
Ans: The amount of sum insured in the online purchase is restricted between Rs 3 lakh and Rs 24 lakh. For a higher amount of sum insured, the applicant must visit the nearest branch.
Ans: After every renewal, the policyholder is entitled to a Preventive Health Check-up at any of the network Diagnostic Centers or Hospital. They must conform to the List of Tests within 60 days of the Renewal Policy start date.
Ans: It is allowed only once in the Policy Period—the amount limited to a maximum of Rs 10000.
Ans: Online purchase leads to a savings of 5% on the premium amount. Others are 7.5% and 12.5% of the premium for buying 2 and 3 years policies, respectively.
Ans: The cover is limited to 25% of the sum insured or a maximum of Rs 5 lakh, whichever is lower.
Written By: Paisawiki - Updated: 18 November 2020