Tell us about you
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C Apply
Aditya Birla Activ Secure - Cancer Plan
The treatment of cancer like chemotherapy, surgery, and radiation can be costly. Aditya Birla has introduced a cancer-specific health insurance policy for the financial protection of the person insured against cancer-related treatment. Aditya Birla Activ Secure Cancer plan is a policy that covers all expenses related to cancer treatment. With this plan, the policyholder will get a lump sum payment on the diagnosis of early, advanced, or significant stage cancer.
What is Aditya Birla Activ Secure Cancer Plan?
Aditya Birla Activ Secure Cancer Policy is a fixed benefit health insurance plan covering all cancer treatment costs by paying a lump-sum amount on cancer detection. This plan offers protection against all stages of cancer - early, advanced and significant stages. The lump-sum payable comprise a percentage of the sum insured by the policyholder plus the rate, which depends on the severity of cancer. The amount paid as a lump sum can be up to 150% of the SI in the plan, which depends on the stage of cancer.
Apart from providing inbuilt coverage, other optional benefits can be available through riders, which will increase coverage scope. One can choose a sum assured of Rs 5 lakh up to Rs 1 crore, which enables policyholders to opt for coverage level according to their choice. As cancer treatments are very expensive, so higher coverage means greater advantage for the policyholder.
Features of Aditya Birla Activ Secure Cancer Plan
The key features of Aditya Birla Activ Secure Cancer Plan are:
- There are various payouts according to the cancer stages:
- 50% of the sum insured can be availed for the early detection of cancer.
- 100% of sum insured can be availed for major cancer stage.
- 150% of the SI amount can be availed for the advanced cancer stage.
- Additionally, a payout of 100% is given to the policyholder on the diagnosed advanced or major cancer stage. This is in addition to the claim of a 50% payout in the early cancer stage. Thus the policyholder gets a total amount of 150% on the sum insured.
- The policyholder gets a minimum bonus of 10% which can be claimed up to 100% of the sum insured.
- There is a week's survival period, which is low as compared to the other cancer plans.
- The policy also has an option to select a wellness coach for personalized health advice.
- The premiums paid under Aditya Birla Activ Secure Cancer Plan have tax benefits, which can be availed for under Section 80D of the IT Act, 1961.
- When the cancer health plan is compared online to other health insurance policies, Aditya Birla covers all stages of cancer.
- In case of multiple cancer complications in 48 hours, the person insured can claim only one cancer for the highest payout benefit.
Benefits of Aditya Birla Activ Secure Cancer Plan
The key benefits of Aditya Birla Activ Secure Cancer Policy are:
- The cancer protection plan covers all 3 cancer stages - advanced, major, and early.
- The policyholder also gets a wellness coach for his/her recovery.
- There is a payout on the sum assured of up to 150% on the diagnosis of advanced cancer stage.
- The policy providers provide a cumulative bonus every year for advanced protection.
- The policy provides the second e-opinion feature.
- This plan has a low survival period of 7 days. It means that the policyholder must survive 7 days after the first diagnosis of cancer to benefit from the payout.
- On diagnosis of the early stage of cancer, the policyholder is eligible to get 50% of the insured sum. The plan will not terminate after the lump sum payment
- On diagnoses of cancer at a major stage, 100% of the sum lump amount will be paid, and the policy will terminate
- On diagnosis of the policyholder with advanced cancer stage, the person insured will get a lump sum payment of up to a 150% of the actual sum insured. After the claim, the policy terminates
- For significant cases of cancer, the policyholder can avail for a second opinion from a team of doctors. The team is entitled to provide a second opinion based on documentation provided by the policyholder
- In comparison to other cancer policies, Aditya Birla plans are very affordable
Inclusions of Aditya Birla Activ Secure Cancer Plan
There is a payout available in this plan. They are:
- Minor - For a minor cancer stage, the person insured will receive a payout on the sum insured of 50% and the policy will not terminate.
- Major - The policyholder gets a lump-sum amount of 100% of the sum insured about the cancer diagnosis at a major cancer stage.
- Advanced - The person insured can avail a pay-out on the sum insured of 150% on the diagnosis of cancer at a major stage.
Exclusions of Aditya Birla Activ Secure Cancer Plan
Exclusions of Aditya Birla Activ Secure Cancer Plan are:
- Any kind of unlawful act
- Additional hospital charges
- Any kind of laser treatment
- All type of sleeping disorders
- Any kind of non-medical expenses
- All kind of auto-immune disorders
- Any type of experimental treatments
- Any medical aid that is taken outside
- Any alternative medicine or complementary medication
- Cosmetic and plastic surgeries
- Consumption of alcohol and overdose of drugs or any kind of intoxication
- Dental care and oral care treatment
- External devices required for eyesight and vision support
- HIV and AIDS-related complications
- Hereditary diseases or genetic disorders
- Hospitalization due to hazardous occupation or activities
- Mental disorders and neurological ailments
- Obesity and weight loss programs
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Routine diagnostic procedures
- Reproductive treatment or maternity-related complications
- Treatment for menopause and puberty disorders
- Treatment for STDs
Eligibility Criteria for Aditya Birla Activ Secure - Cancer Plan
Eligibility criteria to apply for the plan include:
Family members included
Minimum sum insured
Maximum Sum Insured
Cancer Cumulative Bonus
Claim Process for the Aditya Birla Activ Secure - Cancer Plan
The claim process of Aditya Birla Activ Secure - Cancer Plan includes the below steps:
- Contact the insurance helpdesk of any network hospital of the Aditya Birla, as soon as cancer is diagnosed.
- Carry Aditya Birla health card or policy number along with any identity proof like passport, voter ID, PAN Card, driving license to the hospital.
- Submit a pre-authorization form taken from the helpdesk of the network hospital.
- Aditya Birla will convey its decision to the concerned hospital via mail and SMS.
The insurance provider can assign a wellness coach to help the person insured.
Documents Required to Claim Aditya Birla Activ Secure Cancer
The person diagnosed with cancer must submit the following documents to claim this plan after serving the required survival period:
- The claim form filled up & duly signed.
- Medical certificate stating that no pre-existing cancer was diagnosed within the first 90 days
- Medical certificate that confirms the diagnosis of cancer
- Xerox of prescriptions and first consultation letter
- Indoor case papers, if needed.
- Any other document as required
Once the required documents have been submitted to Aditya Birla, the lump sum will be paid.
Renewal Process of the Aditya Birla Activ Secure Cancer Plan?
Aditya Birla Activ Secure Cancer Plan is issued for one, two, or three years. For joint policy, the plan is renewable up to 30 years. If one wants to increase the sum insured, it can be done at the time of renewal. The policyholder gets 30 days from the date of expiry as a grace period to renew the policy. The renewal process is as follows:
- For renewing the policy, visit Paisawiki.com
- Step I: Click on the Aditya Birla renewal tab.
- Step II: Select 'renew policy option.' Enter the policy number.
- Step III: On the next page, check for various details like name, age of family members, email, and mobile number. Click on 'continue.'
- Step IV: Here, a person can renew the policy or terminate it. Click on 'renew the plan.'
- Step V: There will be multiple riders shown, which can be added to the policy for added coverage. The policyholder can either choose to add them or remove them. Choose the required option. After selection, the above click 'proceed.'
- Step VI: Add the necessary details.
- Step VII: Click the proceed option.
- Step VIII: Pay the premiums online and get the policy renewed.
On payment, new policy documents will be mailed.
A person can also renew the policy by visiting the nearest Aditya Birla branch, if wants to go with the offline process.
How to Buy the Aditya Birla Activ Secure Cancer Plan?
One can purchase Aditya Birla Activ Secure Cancer Plan, in various ways as mentioned below:
- Step I: Visit the official website of Paisawiki.
- Step II: Choose Aditya Birla Active Secure Cancer plan to buy. Click on 'Buy Now'.
- Step III: Enter personal details and create an account for future use. Click on 'done.'
- Step IV: After confirming the details, one can choose to compare with other protection plans or click 'continue.'
- Step V: Enter policy details like name, age, number of policyholders, etc. Select the sum insured, policy tenure, and other details. After selecting the website's premium calculator will calculate the premium. After the selection of the above, click 'proceed.'
- Step VI: Choose additional covers for extra protection. Click 'Proceed Selection'.
- Step VII: Enter bank details.
- Step VIII: Continue with the payment process.
On payment, the policyholder will get the policy documents.
If not, visit the nearest Aditya Birla branch for buying the policy offline.
Required Documents to Buy the Aditya Birla Activ Secure - Cancer Plan
The documents required to buy Aditya Birla Activ Secure Cancer Plan are:-
- Age Proof: Birth Certificate, School/College Certificate, PAN card, Voter Card, Adhaar Card, Passport, Driving Licence and such documents
- Address Proof: Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Bank A/C statement, Passport, Utility Bill, Telephone Bill, Postpaid Bill or Letter from Recognized Public Authority
- Photo Identity Proof: Aadhar Card, Voter ID, PAN Card, Driving License, Passport or Public Servant with Photograph
- Recent passport size photograph
FAQs About Aditya Birla Activ Secure - Cancer Plan
Ans: Health insurance plans premium depend on the following factors:
- Sum Insured
- Residential Zone
- Age of the person insured
- Tobacco habits or smoking
- Medical history of the person insured.
- Lifestyle habits and profession or occupation
For every claim-free year and on regular renewal, the policyholder gets a 10% cumulative bonus.
The waiting period is 30 days after the commencement of the policy.
If the claim is not approved, the policyholder can apply for a reimbursement.
The Aditya Birla Health has the option of availing coaching a wellness coach for ensuring a healthy behavior and lifestyle during the cancer treatment. The wellness coach will help and guide the person insured in achieving an active, healthy state and in maintaining it. The coaching will encourage healthier lifestyles in areas of fitness, nutrition, weight management, and tobacco recession. There is a feature of online chat on its website, and the app and a call-back feature are also available so that the policyholder can avail maximum benefit from the wellness coach.