Bajaj Allianz Top-up Health Insurance: Extra Care Plus Policy
Due to rising medical expenditures, a traditional health insurance plan is not enough to fulfill the medical expenses of a family. Bajaj Allianz has a policy specifically designed to cover the increasing medical bills of the family. With Bajaj Allianz Top Up Health Insurance Extra Care Plus Policy, one can remain assured that the medical expenses will be covered in case the sum insured is exhausted due to a medical emergency.
What is Bajaj Allianz Top-up Health Insurance Extra Care Plus Policy?
Bajaj Allianz Top-up Health Insurance Extra Care Plus Policy is a top-up health cover that enhances the cover of the existing health insurance plan. The most profound benefit of the top-up plan is that it covers the medical expenses of the policyholder after the existing health plan reaches a threshold value. In the rising inflation, this plan provides an additional cover to the existing health insurance plan to fulfill higher medical costs due to prolonged illness or accidents. However, the health cover can only be claimed after the sum insured from the existing policy is exhausted.
Why Should You Choose the Bajaj Allianz Top-up Extra Care Plus Policy?
The reasons for choosing the Bajaj Allianz Top-up Plan are listed below:
- It provides additional coverage to the existing health plan and can also be bought even if the policyholder doesn’t have any existing health insurance plan.
- The plan pays the cost due to hospitalization incurred by the policyholder once the existing plan threshold limit is reached.
- Premiums paid on this policy have tax benefits that can be available under 80D of the Indian Income Tax Act.
- No pre-policy medical tests are required if the policyholder is below 55 years of age.
- The free health check-up option is available after three continuous policy years.
- There are direct claim requests available for amounts up to Rs 20,000. The claim can be raised directly through application resulting in a faster claim process.
- The policy has a free-look period of 15 days in which the policyholder can return the policy, and all the premiums paid will be returned back.
Types of Bajaj Allianz Top-up Health Insurance Extra Care Plus Policy
Bajaj Allianz Top-up Health Insurance Extra Care Plus Plan is available in various combinations like:
- For policyholders only as single person policy
- For spouse as dual person policy
- For floater cover including dependent children or dependent parents
Features of the Bajaj Allianz Top-up Health Insurance Extra Care Plus Policy
Features of Bajaj Allianz Top-up Health Insurance Extra Care Plus Plan are:
- It has an in-house claim settlement process.
- The plan has a 6000+ approved network of hospitals for cashless treatment.
- Bajaj Allianz covers the expenses incurred 60 days before hospitalization.
- The top-up plan also covers post-hospitalization expenditures for 90 days.
- In comparison to policies, Bajaj Allianz has affordable premiums.
- It also provides room eligibility cover.
- There are share claim payments available for Rs 2 lakh, Rs 3 lakh, Rs 5 lakh, and Rs 10 lakh.
- Ambulance charges up to Rs 3000/- per valid hospitalization can be availed.
- The policy has a maternity cover which is limited to 2 deliveries.
- It has daycare treatment, and health check-up costs covered.
- An emergency ambulance cover is also available.
- The floater cover for the entire family has an entry age of up to 80 years.
Benefits of the Bajaj Allianz Top-up Health Insurance Extra Care Plus Plan
Some of the policy benefits to be availed are:
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance has various medical insurance plans customized according to the needs of customers.
- The tax benefits can be availed under section 80C and 10(10D) on health insurance policies.
- Bajaj Allianz gives a grace period of 30 days for paying premiums, if the renewal date is missed.
- The health insurance plans can be compared online through the Bajaj Allianz website.
- There are multiple premium payment options like single pay premium, limited premium, and regular pay.
- There are multiple rider options available as policy add-ons, which add more value to the health insurance policy.
- The premiums can be paid monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually.
- All Bajaj Allianz policies have a free look period of 15 days.
- The insurance provider provides 24x7 quick claim settlement support.
- Bajaj Allianz provides instant services and fast renewal of policies.
- The insurance provider has over 800 centers across India, which ensure easy accessibility for the customer.
- Bajaj Allianz has lower premiums compared to other insurance provider plans.
Inclusions of the Bajaj Allianz Top Up Extra Care Plus Policy
Inclusions of the policy are:
- Ambulance Expenses
- Covers in-patient treatment expenditures like boarding, room rent, nursing and ICU rent
- Covers for organ donor expenses
- Daycare treatment
- Emergency road ambulance
- Pre or post hospitalization expenses
- Maternity cover
Exclusions of Bajaj Allianz Top Up Extra Care Plus Policy
Exclusions of the policy are
- Bajaj Allianz doesn't cover costs of hospitalization during the initial waiting period of the policy that is in the first 30 days of policy except for accidental claims.
- There is a waiting period of 12 months. During the 12 months, the policy provider will not cover the following diseases:
- All types of sinuses
- All joint replacement surgeries
- Any type of gastric or duodenal ulcers,
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy
- Cardiovascular disease its complications & related disorders
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding
- Diabetes its complications & related disorders
- Fistulae, Fissure in the anus
- Hernia of all types
- Hypertension, its complications & related disorders
- Surgery for any skin ailment
- Stones in the excretory system
- Surgery for intervertebral disc disorders
- all internal or external tumors
- polyps of any kind including breast lumps
The policy doesn't cover the costs of hospitalization or expenses arising due to:
- Any kind of intoxication
- Any pre-existing illness or injury
- Any cosmetic or aesthetic surgery
- Any treatment received outside the country
- Cost of lenses, spectacles, contact lenses or any such things
- Dental treatment or surgeries, including dental implants, dentures, jaw alignment, etc.
- Experimental or unproven treatment
- Intentional injury attempted suicide, etc.
- Medical expenses of the newborn baby
- Medical expenses incurred because of illness or injury in the case of war, invasion, hostilities, etc.
- Treatment received outside India
- Treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Weight management services and services
Eligibility Criteria for Bajaj Allianz Top-up Health Insurance Extra Care Plus Policy
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
Minimum Entry Age
Maximum Entry Age
- Sum Insured - Rs 3 lakh to Rs 50 lakh
- This policy can be bought even if they don't have any existing policy
- It is available for only Indian nationals residing in India
- Pre-existing diseases are covered after 12 months since the date of inception of the policy
Claim Process of the Bajaj Allianz Top Up Health Insurance Extra Care Plus Policy
Bajaj Allianz Top-up Extra Care Plus policy can be claimed either for cashless or reimbursement benefit.
For Cashless Claim Process
For availing cashless hospitalization, follow the below steps:
- Inform the Bajaj Allianz about planned hospitalization in advance for pre-authorization. For emergencies, the policy provider must be informed within 24 to 72 hours of hospitalization at the network hospital.
- At the time of reporting to the hospital, show the following documents at the helpdesk of the hospital.
- Pre-authorization letter
- Health card issued by the Bajaj Allianz
- ID proof, policy document to the network hospital to avail the cashless treatment facility
- The hospital will send the details to Bajaj Allianz for authorization.
Then Bajaj Allianz will inform whether the claim is accepted or rejected.
For Reimbursement Process
If one wants to avail treatment process at a hospital which is not under the insurance provider's list of network hospital, the following steps are required for registering a claim under reimbursement category:
- The person insured must inform Bajaj Allianz before 48 hours of hospitalization for emergency treatment or planned hospitalization.
- Start the treatment and pay the bills at the hospital desk.
- Fill the claim form and send it to Bajaj Allianz with the documents listed below within 30 days of discharge from the hospital.
Once the documents are verified, the policy provider will settle the claim.
Documents Required to Claim
- Aadhaar card and PAN card copies
- All original laboratory and diagnostic test reports
- Claim settlement letter for partial settlement
- Duly signed claim and NEFT form
- A first consultation letter from the doctor
- For a cataract operation, IOL Sticker will have to be enclosed
- Original hospital discharge card
- Original hospital bill with detailed break up of all expenses including all charges
Renewal Process of the Bajaj Allianz Top Up Extra Care Plus Policy
Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Plus Policy is issued for one year. For joint policy, the plan is renewable up to 35 years. If one wants to increase the sum insured, it can be done at the time of renewal. The policyholder gets 30 days from the date of expiry as a grace period to renew the policy. The renewal process is as follows:
- Visit Bajaj Allianz’s official website.
- Select ‘renewal option’ and enter the policy number.
- Enter the date of birth
- Press the 'Submit' option and choose the annual premium to be paid.
- Press on the ‘Pay’ option and pay the premium amount.
- The renewed policy will be emailed to the policyholder within 48 hrs.
How to Buy the Bajaj Allianz Top-up Health Insurance Extra Care Plus Policy Online?
For buying Bajaj Allianz policy, visit its website and follow the below steps-
- Step 1: Select the plan from the available options. Click on 'Quick Quote'
- Step 2: Enter the type of protection plan required, number of family members for which protection is required, age, mobile number, and email. Click on 'check products.
- Step 3: On the next page, select the suitable policy.
- Step 4: One can either choose to compare with other protection plans or click on 'buy the plan.'
- Step 5: The website has a premium calculator. Select the sum insured, policy tenure, and room type. After selection, the above click 'proceed.'
- Step 6: Choose additional covers if one wants extra protection. The website has an online premium calculator, which adds premium automatically on selection. Click 'Proceed Selection'
- Step 7: Add policyholders and nominee details
- Step 8: Add professional details
- Step 9: Select member-specific declaration
- Step 10: Select 'I agree to the above declaration' to proceed
- Step 11: Select 'send OTP' to the registered mobile number.
- Step 12: Enter OTP and proceed with payment.
After payment, the policyholder will get the policy documents mailed. For the offline process, visit the nearest Bajaj Allianz branch.
Documents Required to Buy Bajaj Allianz Top-up Extra Care Plus Policy
The documents required are:
- Address Proof: Electricity Bill, Ration Card, Bank A/C statement, Passport, Utility Bill, Telephone Bill, Letter from a Recognized Public Authority/ Postpaid Bill
- Age Proof: School/College Certificate, Birth Certificate, PAN card, Adhaar Card, Voter Card, Passport, and Driving License
- Passport size photograph
- Photo Identity: Voter ID, Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport, Driving License
- Medical tests are also conducted for a person above 55 years of age.
- Medical Health Record is required for a person above 55 years of age.
Ans: Yes, riders are available with this policy. By paying an additional premium, the person insured can cover for air ambulance charges for transportation in an airplane ambulance. The claim for air ambulance will be reimbursed, which is subject to a maximum limit. There are various other medical schemes available in the policy as riders.
Ans: A maximum of six people who are self, spouse, dependent children, and parents can be covered under this floater policy.
Ans: If the age of the policyholder is below 55 years of age, then there is no need for medical tests on the condition that the policyholder doesn't have any pre-existing illness.
However, if the age of a policyholder is above 56 years of age, then medical tests need to be done. If the policy is accepted, then 50% of the expenses will be reimbursed by the insurance company.
Ans: For the policyholders, their spouse, and dependent parents, the plan has a lifelong renewability option. For dependent children, the policy is renewable up to 35 years.
Ans: A GST of 18% is charged for the plan.
Written By: Paisawiki - Updated: 12 February 2021