Tell us about you
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C Apply
HDFC ERGO Health Senior Citizen Insurance
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company has a range of health insurance plans designed for individuals, senior citizens and family of the policyholder. The plans provide coverage at lower premiums. HDFC ERGO has a network of 4000+ hospitals all over India where one can avail cashless services. Other significant features offered are higher no claim benefit, cashless hospitalization and flexible payment options. Among the various health insurance products, senior citizen health insurance is the most sought after one. HDFC ERGO Health Senior Citizen plan (formerly known as Apollo Munich Health Plan) covers medical em ergencies on sickness or accident, which requires daycare procedures along with pre & post hospitalization charges. These affordable health insurance policies assure happiness & a sense of safety to the policyholders and also provide a lump sum benefit.
What is HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen Plan?
The HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen Plan is a health or medical insurance policy that provides health coverage to senior citizens from the age of 61 years. Some of the unique features of the senior citizen plan are pre-existing diseases cover, cashless hospitalization, day care expenses and no medical test.
Known as HDFC ERGO Optima Senior Health Insurance is a plan that is designed specifically for senior citizens. The plan takes care of the parents or the policyholder's spouse with its lifelong no-hassle health policy. Since the plan is created keeping in mind the senior members, it has an option which ensures that there is no need to pay additional charges on falling ill. The policyholder gets an additional bonus if the spouse is also covered in the plan.
Under the umbrella of this plan, a range of benefits is provided. The benefits of the policy are no claim bonus, portability benefits, no maximum entry age, e-opinion, lifelong renewal option and claim-based underwriting. Also one can avail emergency ambulance services, organ donor cover and in-patient hospitalisation expenses. Hence the plan saves the person insured from financial burden and stress caused in a medical emergency and the policyholder is well prepared to handle any situation.
Features and Benefits of the HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen Plan
The features of HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen Plan are:
- Lifelong Renewal – The HDFC ERGO Health Senior Citizen Plan comes with a lifelong renewability option.
- No Limits on Room Rent – Most policies have sub-limits on room rent. Compared to other plans, HDFC ERGO Health scores brownie points since their plans do not have any limit on hospital room rent.
- Sum Insured Option – The plan has 3 sum insured options available, which the policyholder can choose according to their needs.
- Cumulative Bonus – For every claim-free year, the policy provides 5% bonus to the policyholder.
- Pre & Post hospitalization cover – The policy covers the medical costs for 30 days of pre-hospitalization and 60 days of post-hospitalization.
- Health Check-ups – After a period of completion of 4 claim-free years, the cost of all routine health check-up expenses are reimbursed by the policy provider company.
- Pre-existing Diseases Cover – They are covered after completion of 4 years of waiting period.
- Co-payment – The plan has no co-payment policy.
- In comparison to other senior citizen plans, HDFC ERGO is the most affordable plan.
The benefits of HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen Policy are:
- Senior citizens can have health check-ups on a yearly basis.
- The policyholders can avail cashless hospitalisation in this plan for 24 hours of stay hospital. This facility includes doctor fees, medical bills and charges of the room.
- The senior citizen insurance plan covers pre-existing diseases.
- HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen Insurance Policy has a network of 4000+ hospitals spread across 800 cities in the country, which offer cashless facilities and other services.
- HDFC ERGO offers various portability options so the policyholder can shift its policy to other policy provider companies upon renewal of plan.
- Policyholders can avail tax benefits on the premiums paid under section 80D of the Income Tax Act. The plan also offers Income Tax benefits on the lump sum amount paid by the company.
- The company has a faster hassle-free claim procedure when compared online to other policy companies.
- A facility of 24x7 call assistance is available for settlement of health insurance claims.
- The policy has offered Value Added Services (VAS) that help the policyholder in enhancing the sum insured in the claim-free years.
- The list of services provided by HDFC ERGO includes:
- 140-day care procedures
- costs incurred at home
- cover for pre and post-hospitalization expenses
- domiciliary treatment and other such related expenditures
- The plan has a quick and easy insurance policy renewal process.
- The policy period of the plan is - 1 year, 2 years with the basic sum insured ranges between Rs 3 lakh and Rs 5 lakh.
Inclusions and Exclusions of the HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen Plan
Inclusions of HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen Policy are:
- The plan provides a second opinion by a doctor on diagnosis of critical illness.
- Pre-hospitalization expenses for 30 days are covered.
- Post-hospitalization expenses for 60 days are covered.
- Up to 140 day-care procedures are covered.
- Domiciliary treatment is covered.
- The plan has a cover for the cost organ donation.
- Ambulance charges up to Rs 2,000 will be covered for every hospitalization
- After a waiting period of 3 years, pre-existing conditions will be covered.
- The waiting period is 2 years for diseases like hernia, cataract, joint replacements, etc.
Exclusions of HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen Policy are:
- HIV or AIDS expenses
- Mental disorders will be excluded
- Treatment for congenital diseases
- Hospitalisation for cosmetic surgeries
- Intoxicating substances hospitalisation
- Any item meant for personal comfort is not covered
- Pregnancy and dental treatments are not covered
- All claims within the initial 30 days of the policy will not be covered, except for an accidental claim.
Eligibility Criteria to Buy the HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen Plan
The eligibility criteria of the HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen Plan are:
Minimum age of entry
Maximum age of entry
1 year or 2 years
Rs 2 lakh to 5 lakh
Depends on the age of the person insured and the amount of sum insured
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply.
Claim Process of HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen Plan
The claim process of HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen plan is:
- Visit helpdesk for of the hospital, from HDFC ERGO's network of hospital, as soon as possible.
- At the insurance helpdesk, show the HDFC card along with some ID proof like PAN Card, passport, driving license and voter ID at the hospital.
- Fill up a claim form & submit to the network hospital.
HDFC ERGO will notify the policyholder about its decision via mail and SMS.
On hospitalisation or diagnosis of illness the following documents must be submitted within 30 days:
- A certificate that states that there was no pre-existing disease detected within 90 days of buying the policy.
- Claim form filled by the policyholder.
- A medical proof confirming that the policyholder is diagnosed with critical diseases.
- Indoor case papers.
- Photocopy of first prescription and consultations taken.
- Other documents as required.
After HDFC ERGO gets all necessary documents, the lump sum amount that needs to be paid out in a few days.
How to Buy HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen Plan?
For buying HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen Policy one needs to refer to the steps mentioned below:
Online Buying Process
- 1st Step: For buying the policy online, visit the official website of Paisawiki
- 2nd Step: Select HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen plan to buy it. Select on 'Buy policy now' option.
- 3rd Step: After clicking the option, input personal information such as email id, name, contact number
- 4th Step: After verifying the details, there is an option either to compare online with other senior citizen plans or select 'continue' option.
- 5th Step: One needs to enter policy related details like number of policyholders & their financial record, health record, etc.
- 6th Step: Enter the policy tenure, address and the details as asked by the policy provider company from the list of options. After entering the details click on next option.
- 7th Step: In this page a policyholder can select different types of riders for enhanced coverage. Choose ‘continue with the above selection' option.
- 8th Step: Pay for the premium amount and download the confirmation receipt after completion.
After completion of payment process, the policy document will be sent. For offline process, one can visit to HDFC branch.
Required Documents to Buy the HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen Plan
The necessary documents required for buying the HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen plan are:
- Age proof: PAN card, Adhaar Card, Voter Card, Driving License and Passport
- Address proof: Electricity Bill, Ration Card, Passport, Utility receipt, Bank A/C statement, Postpaid Bill, Telephone Bill.
- Photo ID: Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Passport, PAN Card or Driving License.
- Passport photo
Renewal Process of HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen Plan
HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen Policy needs to be renewed after a term of either one year or 2 years. The renewability of the plan is lifetime. The sum insured can be increased while renewing the policy. There is a grace period of 30 days available from the expiry date for renewing the policy. The policy renewal process, follow the below instructions:
For renewing the policy online, follow the below steps:
- Step 1: For renewing HDFC ERGO senior citizen plan, visit the official website of Paisawiki.
- Step 2: Go to the HDFC Ergo Health Renewal Tab.
- Step 3: After selecting renew plan option, enter the HDFC ERGO's policy number. Select 'Next' option.
- Step 4: Check policy details. One can continue to the next page or edit basic policy details. Click 'continue' option after making necessary changes.
- Step 5: In the page, the policyholder needs to choose 'renewal' option for policy renewal.
- Step 6: In this step, one can add riders, shown according to the type of the policy. These riders are used to enhance the coverage. If there are riders already present one can remove them. After making the appropriate selection, choose the 'proceed' option.
- Step 7: Choose 'Renew' button.
- Step 8: A secured window opens and one can make payment after entering the necessary transaction details.
Once the payment process is complete, renewal policy details with send to the customer. One can choose to renew the plan by visiting the nearest HDFC branch as well.
FAQs About HDFC ERGO Senior Citizen Plan
Q: For planned hospitalization in a network hospital, does the policyholder need to inform the insurer before?
Ans: Yes, the person insured must inform the policyholder 7 days before hospitalization.
Ans: HDFC ERGO will cover 50% of the total cost of the medical test if the policy is approved.
Ans: The insurance provider will notify 3 months prior to the term of the policy.
Ans: Yes, 15% of the charges needs to be paid by the policyholder.
Ans: A GST of 18% is charged on the plan.