Tell us about you
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C Apply
HDFC ERGO Women Cancer Plus Plan
As women are more vulnerable to the ailments like high BP, arthritis, diabetes, stereopsis, and even cancer, it, therefore, becomes necessary to incorporate women-specific health insurance covers as a mandatory component of investments. HDFC ERGO has successfully launched MyHealth: Women Suraksha Insurance with 5 varied plans to cater to the needs of the widely occurring health issues faced by women. Women Cancer Plus Plan is one of these comprehensive plans to cover medical expenses arising due to cancer-specific illness.
What is HDFC ERGO Women Cancer Plus Plan?
Cancer is a much-dreaded critical illness that not only affects physically but also takes a toll on the mental health of the affected person. It is always recommended to be prepared beforehand for such a life crisis to reduce unnecessary stress.
HDFC ERGO is a leader in the field of health insurance. They have come up with a critical illness policy that is distinct from the conventional indemnity health insurance plans. Here, the sum insured amount is paid upon diagnosis of cancer or any of the listed critical illnesses covered in the policy. You can use this lump-sum benefit for medical expenses to pay for the treatment, care, or pay off debts, substituting lost income, or other lifestyle change expenses.
This plan provides an extensive financial cover for 41 listed critical illnesses, including cancer, with a lifetime renewability option.
This HDFC ERGO Women Cancer Plus Policy provides reimbursement of 100% of the sum insured to cancers related to Ovary, Fallopian Tubes, Breast, Uterus, Vagina/Vulva Ovary and All Major Cancers.
Features of the HDFC ERGO Women Cancer Plus Plan
Some of the features of this policy include the following:
- The sum insured option ranges from Rs 3 lakh to 1 cr.
- No pre-policy medical check-up is required for individuals for up to 45 years.
- There is no need to submit any documents for policy purchase.
- HDFC ERGO shall pay the insured sum as lump-sum on the first diagnosis of a critical illness.
- The patient should survive for at least 7 days after being diagnosed with a critical illness listed in the policy document.
- The following critical illnesses are also covered under the plan: Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery, Heart Attack, Stroke, Kidney Failure, Cancer, Major Organ Transplantation, Paralysis, and Multiple Sclerosis.
- Carcinoma in-situ covered: This HDFC ERGO Women Cancer Plus Policy offers cancer treatment coverage even if it is detected at an early stage and remains localized. This plan from HDFC ERGO offers 25% of the sum insured to a maximum of Rs 10 lakh for early-stage cancer in breast and cervix uteri, medication, and treatment.
- This HDFC ERGO Women Cancer Plus Policy also offers up to Rs 10,000 for a second medical opinion and consultation with another doctor. The policyholder is also covered for Molecular Gene Expression Profiling Test for major cancer treatment guidance.
- Post diagnosis assistance up to Rs 3000/session, for maximum 6 such sessions is also provided and covered by the plan.
- HDFC ERGO Women Cancer Plus Policy covers not only cancers and major illnesses, but also surgical procedures and reconstructive surgery.
- You can file for all claims after a waiting period of 90 days.
Benefits of the HDFC ERGO Women Cancer plus Plan
The alluring benefits of this plan are:
- Financial Coverage - HDFC ERGO Women Cancer plus policy offers monetary support in case the policyholder is undergoing treatment, and there is a loss of income.
- Lump-sum payout - The pay-out lump-sum amount is paid in one single transaction on the first diagnosis after the patient survives 7 days. This amount can be utilized for treatment expenses, recuperation aids, debts repayment, or to fund any lost income due to the inability to work.
- Tax Benefits - You can avail up to Rs 50,000 as tax benefit under Section 80 D of the Indian Income Tax Act.
- Lifetime Renewability- This HDFC ERGO Women Health Suraksha plan provides an unrestricted health cover with a lifetime renewal option for its plans.
- Free Preventive Health Check-up- You can claim a free preventive health check-up whenever you renew your HDFC ERGO Women Cancer Plus Policy. This can help to detect any illness in its initial stages.
- Wellness Coach and Fitness Discount- You can also help a wellness coach track your exercise and calorie count and get a Get fitness discount of up to 10% on every renewal for staying fit.
- Free look-up Period- The policy provides a free 15-day free look-up period within which you are free to cancel the policy if you are not satisfied with it. This period begins from the day you receive your policy document.
- Attractive Savings - You can save up to 5% on premiums for purchasing the policy online. Also, you can save up to 7.5% on premiums for a 2-years policy and 12.5% for a 3-years policy.
*All savings provided by the insurer are as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply.
*Tax benefits are subject to as per the prevailing income tax regulations.
Exclusions of the HDFC ERGO Women Cancer plus Plan
This plan does not cover illness or ailment or injuries caused due to the following:
- Adventure Sports -This health insurance policy does not offer coverage for accidents encountered while participating in risky sports and other dangerous activities or expeditions.
- Defense Operations: This policy also does not cover any accidents caused by participation in defense, i.e., Army/Navy/Air Force operations or activities.
- Self-inflicted injuries-If you have encountered any injury or ailment by hurting yourself or attempting suicide, such self-imposed injuries will not be covered.
- War or terrorism activities- Any claims arising out of war losses or terrorist activities or riots will not be covered.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases- This policy does not cover expenses arising for any venereal or STDs like HIV or AIDS.
- Obesity or Cosmetic Surgery- Any treatment related to obesity like bariatric surgery or cosmetic surgery is not eligible for coverage under this HDFC ERGO Women Cancer Plus Policy.
Eligibility Criteria to Buy the HDFC ERGO Women Cancer Plus Plan
The minimum eligibility criteria to buy this policy are:
Minimum Entry Age
Maximum Entry Age
For Optional Cover
Claim Process of the HDFC ERGO Women Cancer Plus Policy
Claim process of HDFC Ergo Women Cancer Plus Plan urges the policyholder to follow the below claim steps:
- Claim Registration- You should immediately intimate your insurer online or call at the helpline number. You just need to enter policy number, mobile number, and email id registered with HDFC ERGO. You will get an OTP or One Time Password for verification. You need to register the claim, explaining, in brief, the nature of the ailment, hospital admitted to, and the type of treatment to be undergone. Upon registration of the claim, you will be assigned a unique claim reference number, which you need to quote for all future correspondence.
- Claim Submission- You can get the claim form, download it from the website, and fill out the complete details for claim submission. You need to keep all medical receipts, hospital bills, and test reports got during 30 days before and 60 days after hospitalization. You also need to submit the entire original as well as copies of the receipts/ bills, hospital discharge summaries, and investigation reports, doctor consultation sheets, etc. You can submit the documents at the HDFC touchpoint centers.
- Claim Processing-HDFC ERGO will process all your submitted documents for authenticity and accuracy as per their terms and conditions. Wherever required, they may ask you to submit further information or documents. If everything is fine, your claim will be processed and verified and settled as per the policy document terms and conditions.
How to Buy the HDFC ERGO Women Cancer plus Plan?
You can compare plans and buy this health policy either online or offline.
- You need to access the Paisawiki.com
- The landing page will show you a “Buy Now” button.
- When you click on it, you will be redirected to the premium calculator. You need to enter some required details like your name, mobile number, email id, city, DOB, pin code, etc.
- You also need to enter the sum insured to opt and the type of the plan.
- Once you enter all the information, you can click on the “Calculate Premium “button. It will show you the tentative premium amount for the plan option chosen.
- You can compare online, and if you are satisfied with the premium quote, you would be asked for further information.
- You can make the payment for the policy. You can use your Debit/Credit card/net banking or other payment gateways like GooglePay, PhonePay or PayTM.You can use your banking credentials to make the payment.
- Once you make the payment successfully, you will get a confirmation message by email.
- A soft copy of the policy document will be sent to your registered email address.
You can call at the toll-free HDFC ERGO Customer Service helpline number 1800 2666 400. Their professional executives will get back to you to assist you in buying the desired policy. They will also assist you in knowing the details of all policies and will guide you through the purchase process.
Required Documents to Buy the HDFC ERGO Women Cancer Plus Policy
No such documents need to be submitted while purchasing the HDFC ERGO Women Cancer plus Policy.
- You just need to fill the details about yourself and the plan required online and make the required premium payment through the various secured payment modes mentioned.
- If you have any pre-existing disease, you might have to submit relevant medical documents in the form of relevant lab test reports and doctor's certificates.
Renewal Process of the HDFC ERGO Women Cancer Plus Plan
To enjoy the continued benefits of your health insurance policy, you need to renew your expired policy within 30 days from the date it expires. Here are the various steps that you need to follow for your policy renewal.
- You need to access the official website of Paisawiki.
- The landing page will show you purchase as well as a renewal option.
- This time, you need to choose the second option i.e., "Renew existing HDFC ERGO Policy."
- You now need to enter your policy details like policy number or reference number and click on the "Proceed" button.
- Your existing policy and renewed policy details will be displayed on the screen. You can also see the renewal premium calculated on the screen.
- You can compare online, and if you are ready to accept the new rate of premiums, you can make the payment online.
- You can make the payment through net banking, mobile banking, or your Debit/Credit cards.
- The policy gets renewed when the payment has been made successfully.
- A soft copy of the renewed policy document will be sent to your registered email address.
FAQs About HDFC ERGO Women Cancer Plus Plan
Ans: Yes, this is a Benefit policy where the insurance company pays the policyholder a lump sum amount when the policyholder gets diagnosed with cancer or any of the critical ailments, as mentioned in the policy document.
Ans: You will need:
- Critical Illness claim form along with a bank account proof
- All medical records, like diagnostic test reports, hospital bills, treatment records, receipts, etc.
- Original Policy Document
- Your PAN card copy and address proof copy
Ans: You can submit all the documents at any HDFC touchpoint centers to a salesperson or mail it directly to the Claims team. This submission of documents to HDFC ERGO should be made within 60 days from the date of diagnosis of the condition.
Ans: You can contact your salesperson or the nearest HDFC ERGO center. Alternatively, you can send an email or call for the needful.