Max Bupa Health Pulse
Max Bupa Health Pulse is an all-round health insurance policy that provides benefits to the whole family and secures all their health-related monetary needs under one plan. The policy offers benefits such as Pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalization medical expenses, daycare and alternative treatment charges, organ transplant expenses, emergency ambulance expenses, operation theatre expenses, and much more.
What is Max Bupa Health Pulse Insurance Plan?
Max Bupa Health Pulse Plan is one of the best family health insurance policy available in today’s market. It provides the benefit of a personal health insurance plan and a family cover with its various features and optional add-ons. This health insurance policy provides a health cover for an amount ranging from 3 Lakh to 10 Lakh and is available in two variants. A person can include different family members under a single insurance plan on floater basis.
The insured can also avail the benefit of health checkups in partnered medical centres from the second year of the enrolment of the policy. The policy also offers many additional benefits such as e-consultation, personal accident cover, hospital cash cover, enhanced refill benefits etc., which can be added to the existing policy for additional benefits at a reasonable extra premium amount. The policy bearer also gets a No-claim bonus every year in case he does not raise any claims.
Features of Max Bupa Health Pulse
The detailed list of features of the plan are mentioned below:
- The plan covers expenses for nursing charges on hospitalisation and for in-patient treatment.
- It covers the medical practitioner’s fees excluding the standby service fees charged by the hospital.
- It covers the expenses for treatment-related medicines, drugs, and other prescribed consumables.
- It covers all charges related to blood transfusion, prescribed injections charges, physiotherapy charges, diagnostic, and investigation expenses for various pre-specified illnesses.
- It covers the cost of all prosthetics and any other equipment which is required to be implanted during surgical procedures.
- Under the basic policy, the amount of room rent that will be covered can go up to 1% of the base sum insured on a per-day basis or a single private room, whichever is lower. Whereas the enhanced policy will get the expenses taken care of for a private room and the amount provided will be much more comparatively.
- The policy covers pre-hospitalisation charges for 30 days and post-hospitalisation charges for 60 days after discharge.
- The expenses for any daycare treatments are also covered under the policy.
- If in any case, the policyholder needs to be taken into the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) then the basic policy will be providing the expenses of up to 2% of the total sum insured, and the enhanced policy will give the full coverage for ICU's per day rent.
- The policy covers all domiciliary treatment and alternative treatment charges.
- It also covers the expenses of live organ transplant if needed at the time of operation of the insured.
- The basic plan covers the expenses for emergency ambulance services of up to 1500 per hospitalisation, and the enhanced plan covers an amount up to 2000 per hospitalisation.
- In case a policyholder does not claim any amount in a given year, the policy amount will be increased by 10% of the base sum insured. There is a cap on the maximum amount of increase on the sum insured in this clause which is up to 100% of the sum insured.
- The policy also covers mental disorder treatments up to a sub-limit on the sum insured.
- The policy provides cover for illnesses related to HIV/AIDS for up to 10% of the sum insured with a maximum amount of 50000.
- The policyholder can also enjoy an add-on benefit of a refill of up to 100% of the sum insured.
- The person can also avail of the benefit of getting annual health checkups from the second year of policy enrolment.
Benefits of Max Bupa Health Pulse Plan
Apart from the above, the insured can avail the following benefits for an extra premium amount:
- The policyholder can get a personal accident cover which includes accidental death, permanent disability, or partial disability. The cover amount will be 5 times the base sum insured of maximum up to 50 lakh.
- The policy also provides an add-on benefit of critical illness cover.
- The person can avail e-consultation with no restrictions on the number of times or duration.
- The policyholder can also have hospital cash benefit of up to 1000 per day in the policy where the sum insured is up to 5 lakh and up to 2000 per day for sum insured is more than 5 lakh.
- The policy also provides an enhanced No-claim bonus where the base sum is increased by 20% at the end of the year if no claims are made. Also, it provides an enhanced re-fill benefit with up to 150% of the base sum insured.
Inclusions and Exclusions of Max Bupa Health Pulse Policy
These are some of the main notable inclusions in the policy are:
- It covers pre-hospitalisation expenses and post-hospitalisation expenses.
- It provides the benefit of annual health checkups as well.
- The policy provides basic and enhanced no claim bonus.
- It also provides coverage for several daycare procedures as well.
- The policy includes a refill benefit of up to 150% on the sum insured depending on the type of scheme a person opts for.
These are some of the exclusions from the policy which are note-worthy-:
- Cosmetic or plastic surgeries, dental, or oral treatments or any optical or eye surgeries.
- Maternity expenses are not covered under the plan.
- Any treatment received outside India is not covered under this policy.
- Any kind of AYUSH or homoeopathic treatment.
- Any treatment related to hormonal replacement.
- Treatments related to injuries caused by any nuclear or radioactive emissions do not come under this policy’s coverage.
- Treatment expenses related to external congenital anomalies.
- Any kind of treatment expense that is needed for a self-inflicted injury is not covered under this policy.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for the Max Bupa Health Pulse Plan
The basic eligibility criteria for being a policyholder of the Max BUPA Health Pulse Life Insurance plan is:
- The age of the applicant, as in self and spouse, must be between 18 years and 65 years and the age of the family members, as in children, in case of a family floater plan must be between 91 days and 25 years
- The policy can cover up to 2 adults and 4 children in a single policy
Claim Process of the Max Bupa Health Pulse Policy
These are the basic steps that should be followed while claiming money through this policy:
- A policyholder can get admitted to any of the partner hospitals and show them his/her Max Bupa Health Card. Also, the insured needs to provide a valid identity proof for verification.
- After the validation is done, the request will be sent directly to the Max Bupa Claims Department online, and within 30 minutes, the claim will be approved by the department if all the criteria are met.
- After the process is completed, the person will get a notification on their registered mobile number regarding the same.
- If hsopitalisation is done in a non-network hospital, the insured has to file a reimbursement claim, after getting discharged.
Renewal Process of the Max BUPA Health Pulse Policy
Renewing Max Bupa Health Pulse policy is very easy. One can either go for offline or online mode. There are aggregator websites as well who help to compare and renew a policy, such as paisawiki.com. If one is willing to go for the process with Paisawiki, here are the steps:
- One has to visit the official website for MAX BUPA Health insurance renewal at paisawiki.com
- Next go to the renewal page.
- One can renew the policy by first filling in the policy details in the given sections.
- The system will calculate the premium to be paid automatically once the person has entered all the details in the section.
- One can make the payments easily through online payment methods such as UPI, Credit card or Debit cards, or through NEFT mode.
- The insured will be receiving a digital document confirming the renewal of the policy which can be kept for the future reference.
How to Buy the Max BUPA Health Pulse Plan?
These are some of the ways by which a person can buy the policy-:
- Calling Customer Care- The Max BUPA Health insurance has a dedicated customer service line for new customers who are willing to opt for any of the insurance schemes provided by the company. So, a person can easily call the numbers provided on the official MAX BUPA website and enquire about the plan best suited for him/her.
- Requesting a Quote- By visiting the official website of paisawiki.com, one will come across a section named "Get Quote" where a person can fill in the required details and request for a call back from a company agent who will be informed about all the policies that the applicant may be interested in.
- Online Purchase- The online mode is the easiest way to purchase a policy. A person can just visit the official website of paisawiki.com and click on the “Compare” section to compare all the plans provided there and just buy the plan suiting their financial requirements by filling the details and making the payment online.
- Visiting the Branch- If someone wants to have a personal meeting with a company agent then they can simply visit the branch and get all the information needed for a plan, and the agent can also help them to enrol for the policy. One can find the list of branches nearby in the "Contact Us" section of the Website.
Documents Required for Buying the Policy
The following documents are required for buying Max Bupa Health Pulse plan:
- The person must have a proof of identity which can be- birth certificate, PAN card, aadhar card, passport, School/College certificate, driving license or any other government-approved document.
- For the address proof, any of these documents can be submitted- the electricity bill, bank account statement, passport, utility bill, telephone bill, or ration card.
- The photo ID proof includes- voter id card, pan card, driving license, aadhar card, or passport
- Also, two passport-sized photos are needed during form submission in case of offline enrolment
Ans- If a person is having a serious disease or illness, and a medical institution at-least has detected it 48 hours before purchasing the policy. It was the first time that it was diagnosed then it comes under the category of pre-existing disease or illness.
Ans- The requirement for a medical check-up completely depends on the type of policy a person opts for, as in some cases, the person must go through a medical check-up. In contrast, some policies do not demand any medical check-up for policy enrolment.
Ans- A person can simply show his Max Bupa Insurance card or Health Card at the billing counter of the hospital and then they will contact the TPA of the insurance company and tell them about the amount needed for the procedures. The company will pay it within the agreed time.
Written By: Paisawiki - Updated: 12 February 2021