National Health Insurance Premium Calculator
Whichever health insurance plan a person chooses, everything depends on the premium. As one has to pay the premium after a specific duration, it is essential to know the exact premium amount generated according to the policy terms. Although manual checking of the premium is helpful, it can be a bothersome task. Hence, an online calculator can be very helpful.
What’s the National Health Insurance Premium Calculator?
The national health insurance premium calculator is an insurance premium calculator, which can easily generate a premium amount using various parameters like height, weight, etc. of a person. Anyone can use the handy tool to get premium details by entering some simple information. Using this tool is quite easy. A health insurance calculator is a free tool available online.
How to Use the National Health Insurance Premium Calculator?
Various parameters are using which the premium amount will be calculated. One can calculate the National Health premiums by visiting Paisawiki.com as well and following a few simple steps. Below are the steps for calculating the premium amount at Paisawiki.
Visit the official website of Paisawiki.com and choose the 'Premium Calculator.' A premium calculator works as per the following steps:
- Step 1: Enter all the general information like name, mobile number, date of birth, gender, state, city, email ID, smoking habits, and other details. Fill in the income details correctly. After filling the information, click on 'proceed.'
- Step 2: In this step, a person will be asked to fill up the policy related details such as sum insured, policy tenure, specific medical conditions, and other details need to be entered. Once done with filling up the information, select the 'Calculate Premium' option, and wait for the results.
- Step 3: The premium will be calculated based on the information provided. After the calculation of premium, a systematic comparison will be shown to choose the best-suited insurance plan.
Benefits of Using the National Health Insurance Premium Calculator
The key benefits of using a National health insurance premium calculator are:
- The calculator simplifies complex calculations in generating the premium for the health insurance policy.
- By knowing the premium, financial planning can be done very easily.
- The calculator determines the premium quotes very quickly.
- National health insurance premium calculator helps the customers by generating comparing premiums & benefits offered by multiple health insurance plans.
- The input can be customized for determining the suitable premium amount according to the income of the person.
Significance of National Health Insurance Calculator
The selection of a health policy that is best suited for the policyholder's needs is a difficult task. There is an extensive range of policies from which the customer has to opt for one, offered by various insurance companies. National health insurance premium calculator helps a person in thoroughly researching, comparing, and analyzing various terms and conditions of the policy. Here’s how the national health insurance calculator helps in choosing a suitable plan:
- As the financial ability and medical requirements of the customer, the premium calculator helps to get an accurate idea of the premium that needs to be paid before deciding on buying a policy.
- The National health insurance premium calculator, after generating the premium amount, shows all available health insurance policies, as per the requirements filled by the person. So that the person can compare between them. Hence making the selection process of a policy is hassle-free and easier for the person comparatively.
- The calculator also has an option for adding riders to every health plan shown in the comparison box suitable for the person's needs. This gives the flexibility to opt for the policies & riders in one glance. It is also giving convenience to choose among health insurance policies without visiting different insurance companies’ websites one by one.
- The National health insurance calculator enables a person to conduct in-depth research by oneself. It also shows all the available options available to a person, even if one doesn't know about the various insurance companies.
Thus the premium calculator simplifies the process of choosing a medical policy and helps one make a well-informed decision.
Range of National Health Insurance Calculator
The calculator has a specific range for which it can generate the premium:
- The entry age range for adults - 18 years to 65 years or in some specific cases it can be extended to 70 to 75 years of age in some exceptional circumstances only.
- For children to be insured, the entry age range varies from a minimum of 90 days to a maximum of 18 or 25 years.
- Medical tests are required only for individuals over the age of 46 years.
Details Required for National Health Insurance Premium Calculation
The list of details that needs to be entered is:
- Marital status
- Annual Income
- Location of residence
- Age of the individual(s)
- Field of work or profession
- Tenure of the health policy
- Presence of pre-existing illnesses
- Number of individuals in the health cover
- Type of coverage, riders, and sum insured opted
- Gender – women are eligible for lower premiums than men.
Ans: The factors which are taken into account for insurance premium calculation are:
- Sum insured
- Members covered
- Location of the insured
- Marital Status or Gender
Ans: Yes, one can also calculate the renewal premium using the national insurance premium calculator.
Ans: The features of the calculator are:
- It saves time by doing the difficult calculations
- The tool is very convenient for easy & quick comparison.
- The tool is free of cost.
Ans: A GST of 18% is charged on the health insurance policy. Yes, the premiums calculated are inclusive of GST.
Ans: The factors that affect insurance premium calculation are:
- Applicant's Age - More the age, higher the premium
- Health history - If the person has a serious illness, the premium will rise exponentially.
- Policy tenure - Longer the policy term, larger the number of benefits.
- Smoking habit - If a person has a smoking habit, then the premium will be higher.
- Gender - For females, the rates of premiums are lower.
Written By: Paisawiki - Updated: 09 April 2021