National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies Policy
National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies is a necessary insurance policy that will help a person in dealing with health emergencies while staying abroad.
This National Health Insurance plan is suitable for those who are traveling abroad for education or employment. National Insurance Company has a range of plans under its health insurance category for those who travel frequently abroad due to business or employment and studies. This plan is quite affordable as compared to other plans. There are three options available in travel plans depending on the cause of travel:
- Business & Holiday
- Employment and Study
- Corporate frequent traveler
*Disclaimer: Paisa Wiki does not endorse, rate, or recommend any particular insurer or insurance product offered by an insurer.
What is the National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies Plan?
The National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies Policy provide coverage against various travel emergencies like accidental hospitalization and others to the person insured while traveling abroad. The National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies Plan can be bought by a person of age group ranging between 5 and 70 years. For travelers, who are above 70 years and are traveling for a period greater than 60 days, they require certain medical test reports to be submitted along with the application form. The company requires the ECG Fasting Blood Sugar test for the traveler mentioned above. The plan must be bought 30 days before departure from India.
National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies Plan: Features
Feature of National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies plan are:
For Section A-
For any medical accident or illness expenditure, which is due to an injury or disease, the person insured on the recommendation of a physician needs to get hospitalized or get out-patient treatment, then the company will cover for the claims, which need to be endorsed by a claim administrator.
The insurers are required to pay the amount of the expenditures incurred due to the conditions mentioned above, whichever first occurs:
- The dollar amount up to a maximum limit as stated in the plan
- 1 year after the onset of the illness or injury
iii.3 months after the policy's expiry date.
The plan provides coverage against nervous, mental, & emotional disorders, which is limited to 30 days of continuous hospitalization expenditures. The amount covered is up to a maximum of 50% of the sum assured. Medical evacuation from the country of study or posting will not be covered in this section.
For Section B-
The section covers medical evacuation expenditures which result due to an injury or disease. If the person insured is hospitalized, the policy provider company, on the recommendation & approval of the attending doctor of the policyholder and claims administrator of the company, will cover for India's evacuation.
In such a case, the person insured is transferred to India, the insurance company will cover for medical illness and accident expenditures in India, as mentioned in section A above with the maximum USD 1,50,000.
It will also cover the required, and necessary travel costs and evacuation costs of the person insured's family like their spouse or parents who are residing with the person insured with a maximum limit of up to US $10,000. The plan covers the cost of travel for one family only. To avail claims under this section, the person insured or any one of the family members must get the prior approval of the claims administration department before evacuation.
Repatriation that is, transportation of the mortal remains of the person insured and other alternative expenses such as-
- On the death of the person insured while the plan is still in force, the insurance provider company will cover all the expenses incurred under preparation and transportation of the mortal remains of the policyholder to India according to the applicable international standards of funeral requirements.
- It will also cover funeral expenses incurred in the country of study or posting if agreed by the policyholder's family up to a maximum of USD 10,000. All these expenditures must be approved by the claims administrator of the insurance provider company before the remains of the policyholder are prepared for funeral or transportation.
This section covers emergencies due to medical reunion expenditures up to a maximum of USD 5,000. If the person insured is hospitalized due to injury or illness and he/she should be evacuated back on the advice of a medical practitioner, then the policy provider company will cover the following expenses on the recommendation and approval of the claim administrator. These expenditures, as mentioned below i.r.o. including the travel costs incurred by the father or mother or guardian or adult child or spouse.
- The plan covers an air ticket (economy class) for a single person from India to the country where the policyholder is employed or studying and is hospitalized for returning to India.
- The policy also covers travel and accommodation expenditures incurred due to an emergency reunion. Provided that the person insured is
- Needs to be medically evacuated following the terms of the plan within 5 days from the date of the hospitalization of the policyholder, and it covers the cost of travel by the relative who will accompany the person insured to India.
If the condition of the patient is critical that the postponement of proposed evacuation is essential & the physician recommends the attendance of a relative. In such a case, the costs incurred due to emergency reunion will be covered by the policy up to a maximum of 10 days, including their travel expenses.
National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies Policy: Benefits
Benefits of National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies Policy are:
- Campus colleges or sponsored physicians or employers - The policy states that the person insured can first consult the college or school or any sponsored physician or employer's doctor for any type of medical services required by the person insured. In such a case, a deductible of the first $50 is waived off.
- Hospitalization and major treatment - The policyholder must consult the claim administrator before the pre-planned treatment undergone by the policyholder & hospitalization due to the same except in case of any emergencies like in life-threatening situations or severe organ failure. In such a case, the policyholder must notify the company within 24 hours. For out-patient consultation, whose total cost is less than $500, there is no need to consult the claim administrator.
- In case if the policyholder is unable to complete their study in the country due to prolonged disease or injury and on mutual agreement with the company, he/she can leave the country. In the following conditions, the company makes a claim payment. They are:
- Loss of sight in both eyes or either eye
- Permanent total disablement situation and the policyholder needs to be medically evacuated.
- The insurance company will pay a compensation benefit to the nominated sponsor. The nominated sponsor is a person who has provided economic support to the person insured during the insured period of study abroad and has been declared one in the proposal form by the policyholder. The compensation benefit is provided at a rate of US $750 each month until the study is completed during the insurance period.
- If the policyholder is not in a condition to continue their study and complete their course owing to nervous, emotional, or mental disorder, the benefit paid by the insurance company is given up to a maximum of 25% of the amount due to the policyholder. No benefit will be paid if the university or school where the person insured is undertaking the course states that the person insured performance and his attitude towards studies were unsatisfactory.
- Premiums paid are quite affordable in comparison to other travel plans.
Inclusions National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies Plan
Inclusions of National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies Policy are:
- Any emergency hospitalistaion owing to an injury or illness will be covered.
- The policy covers the insured for medical emergency evacuation to the homeland.
- Coverage offered for repatriation of mortal remains as well
- Loss of checked-in baggage/delay of checked-in baggage etc. are covered.
- Claim assistance is given to the policyholder from an overseas insurance service provider.
- Claims are paid in the country's currency, where the person is hospitalized to the hospitals or doctors abroad. If a cashless facility is not available, the person insured can file a reimbursement.
Exclusions of National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies Policy
The policy doesn’t offer coverage for the following:
- Cosmetic surgery
- Aesthetic treatment
- Anomalies or congenital disease
- Expenditure due to bariatric surgery, weight control.
- Hospital record charges
- Intentional self-injury
- Inoculation or vaccination
- Injury or disease indirectly or directly caused due to war
- Nutritional Supplements
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Treatment due to pregnancy.
- Venereal disease
Eligibility Criteria of National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies Plan
The eligibility criteria to be met for availing this policy are given below:
- Minimum age of the policyholder - 5 years
- Maximum age of the policyholder - 75 years
- The plan can be purchased by anyone who is a citizen of India who has gone abroad for studies or business purposes.
- There are foreign nationals working or studying for employers in India and withdrawing salary in Indian currency & studying in an India university.
Claim procedure National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies Plan
The claim procedure of this policy is as mentioned below:
- Step 1: Before getting admitted to a hospital for pre-planned surgeries, inform the insurance company's claim department about the treatment. For emergencies, hospitalization, notifies within 24 hours.
- Step 2: After getting the treatment, fill up the online claim form from the policy provider's website. The details about the type of treatment undergone and policy number.
- Step 3: After filling up the claim form & attaching various documents, the claim administrator will visit the hospital and verify the documents.
- Step 4: After verification, the policy provider company will notify the person insured about the claim approval and will pay for the hospital bill.
- Step 5: In case of reimbursement claim, the policyholder has to pay the hospital bill, which is reimbursed by the policy provider company, later. All related documents need to be submitted along with the claim form.
Documents Required for Claim Settlement
The documents necessary for claim settlement are:
- All bills for payment
- Claim form
- Consultation letter
- FIR copy for accidental hospitalization
- Copies of treatment undertaken by the policyholder
- Diagnostic copies
After the verification, the policy provider will process the claim.
How to Buy the National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies Plan?
The policy can be bought online easily by visiting paisawiki.com. The mentioned below are the steps for buying:
- Step 1: Visit the website of paisawiki.com.
- Step 2: On clicking the buy policy option or “Get Free Quotes”; enter details such as name, address, date of birth, age, etc. of the policyholder. One can also compare online with other similar plans. After entering the required details, enter policy-specific details like policy tenure and amount insured & add a rider for extra coverage.
- Step 3: The calculator automatically calculates the premium amount. Upload the documents and pay the premium amount. The new documents will be sent to the policyholder.
If not, the policy also can be bought by visiting the branch office of National Insurance Company and completing the insurance formalities there.
Documents Required for Buying the National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies Plan
Required documents for buying the National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies Plan are:
- Coloured photograph
- Age Proof: Driving License, Aadhar Card, Birth Certificate, Passport, PAN card, School Leaving Certificate or Voter Card
- Address Proof: Passport, Electricity Bill, Bank A/C statement, Postpaid Bill, Telephone Bill, Ration Card or Utility Bill
- Photo ID Proof: Voter ID, PAN card, Driving License, Aadhar Card or Passport
Renewal Process of National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies Plan
For the renewal of National Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies Plan, follow the steps:
- Step 1: Visit paisawiki.com & go to the renewal section. Enter the registered mobile number or date of birth and policy number.
- Step 2: The website generates all the policy details of the policyholder. Choose to add riders or remove them.
- Step 3: The premium amount will be generated based on the changes made by the policyholder.
- Step 4: Select the renew button & pay the premium via online transaction. After the plan is renewed, new details will be sent.