Tell us about you
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C Apply
Star Care Micro Insurance Policy
Star Care Micro Insurance Policy is one of the most preferred insurance products of the insurer. It is a Micro health insurance product, catering to the individuals specifically from the rural areas, on being hospitalized due to an illness or accident. Star health offers various insurance products that are made to ensure the protection of its customers to its fullest and maximum financial ability. The Star health insurance policy plan was awarded Best Health Provider of the year in 2018-2019, following the company has made a renowned name in the insurance market.
What is the Star Care Micro Insurance Plan?
Star Care Micro Insurance Plan is a comprehensive health insurance policy offered by the insurer. The policy may be provided on an individual basis or as a floater basis. The family plan covers the policyholder, the proposer, spouse, and children up to the age of 25 years. The coverage for certain contingencies such as medical emergencies, accidental injuries, cataract, and surgeries include a few clauses and is allowed only up to a certain limit.
The renewal of this policy is lifelong, provided the payment of the premium is made before the due date. A grace period of 30 days is provided for renewing the policy, failure to do so will lead to the cancellation of the policy.
Why Should You Need Star Care Micro Insurance Policy?
There are various reasons as to why this policy is best suited for those who live in rural or semi-urban areas:
- There is a provision of In-house settlement of the claim, avoiding and removing. The third-party, the settlement ratio of 87% cashless claim, allows a timely return of the health insurance claim settlements. The plan enables cashless care in over 9800 hospitals that are connected with Star Care. Online purchase and renewal make the task of purchasing insurance easy and completely hassle-free.
- The plan requires no amount for co-payment unless you come between the ages of 61-65 years, thus being instated to pay 20% of the claim which has to be settled by you unless it is specified otherwise. The extensive presence of the company across the country with more than 6000 offices allows easy contact if ever need be. The exclusive coverage of children and parents under this plan benefits not only the individual but his/her entire family.
- Various insurance policies insist on clearing a pre-medical screening test to clear the applicants of having any prior diseases. Still, Star Care Plan does require no such thing. After a specified waiting period, if the applicant is between the age of 18 to 65, he/she is provided the insurance cover.
Let’s know about the various features, benefits, and exclusions stated under the policy.
Features of the Star Care Micro Insurance Plan
The policy comes with the following features:
- No involvement of any administration from third parties
- Hassle-free and easy claim settlement
- Easily renewable policy
- Connected to more than 9800 and an increasing number of hospitals
- Cashless facilities in connected hospitals
- No pre-acceptance medical screen
- A daily allowance of Rs 1000 in hospital cash for 14 days in a government hospital
- Ambulance cover for Rs 500 per hospitalization, with overall Rs 1000 for every term period
- Expenses for private or shared accommodation covered at Rs 750 per day
- ICU covered Rs 2000, a maximum of Rs 10,000 per hospitalization
Benefits of Star Care Micro Insurance Policy Plan
Star Micro Insurance Policy provides coverage for the following under this policy:
- Expenses of room, boarding and nurses up to 1% of sum insured each day
- All doctors necessary, Consultants, Medical Practitioners, Anesthetists, and Surgeon’s fee cover
- Charges for the various medical facilities such as anesthesia, oxygen, blood, medicines, diagnostic machines and materials, and more are covered under the plan
- The daycare procedures are all covered.
- The expenses incurred on treatment for cataract is limited to Rs 10000 for each eye, and the maximum insured amount per period is Rs 15000.
- The health plan covers any pre-existing illnesses after a consecutive four years of a term policy.
- The insured need not pay any co-payment till the age of 60, further which the insured is asked to pay a co-payment of 20%.
- If the insured customer is taking treatment in a government hospital for 14 days and more, they can avail hospital cash at a rate of Rs 1000 per day.
- If the insured pays a premium amount in any mode other than cash, they are eligible for tax relief under Sec 80D of the Income Tax Act.
- Four members of the family are covered on the floater plan; only two adults are covered on this plan.
- There is a Freelook Period. If, in any case, you are not willing to proceed with the policy, it can be returned, and a refund can be requested within 15 days from the date of the receipt of the document plans.
- The policy can be ported to another insurer as it comes close to renewal, the request must be made 45 days before the renewal date.
- Pre and Post Hospitalization policy: the insurance will compensate for the expenses 30 days prior the procedure, and the company shall pay medical expenses incurred up to 7% of the costs subject to Rs 3000 for 60 days post the procedure.
Exclusions of the Star Care Micro Insurance Plan
The plan does not include as part of the policy:
- Treatment taken outside the country
- Any kind of cosmetic surgery or sex-change surgeries
- Pregnancy or infertility expenses will not be included in the plan
- Any injury that is of self-inflicted nature will not be covered under the insurance
- Registration charges towards the hospitals, charges for admission, telephone charges and any record charges will not be covered by the policy
- Any kind of non-allopathic treatment
- Attacks related to or caused due to terror, and nuclear war will not be covered under the plan
- Illnesses caused due to alcohol or drug usage etc. will not be covered
- Dental Treatments or surgeries that are not under the plan
- Obesity and weight management treatment not covered
Waiting period for applicants claims varies on the basis of:
Eligibility Criteria for the Star Care Micro Insurance Plan
18 years to 65 years
Individual and Floater Policies
Claim Process for Star Care Micro Insurance Plan
Star Care Micro policy can be claimed for availing cashless and reimbursement claim facilities.
- Claim Intimation: If there is an emergency hospitalization, then Star Care must be informed within 24 hours, whereas if there is a planned hospitalization, then the intimation must be made at least 48 hours before admission into the hospital.
- Claim Processing: The pre-authorization form must be filled and handed to the hospital’s insurance or third-party authority’s desk to begin the claim request.
- Claim Settlement: After the request is approved, the claim is settled or else claim for reimbursement after discharged from the hospital.
- For a non-network hospital, the same procedure for intimation must be followed.
- Further, during the processing, the claim must be submitted along with all original documents.
- Further, the request for reimbursement of the expenses incurred is approved, and the claim can be settled.
How to Renew Star Care Micro Insurance Policy?
Star Care Micro Insurance Policy comes with lifelong renewability benefit, however, the policy needs a constant renewal on the due date. If the policyholder forgets to renew the policy on the due date, there is a 30-days grace period, within which the policy has to be renewed without fail. Otherwise, the policy will lapse. To renew the policy online, one can visit the official website of Paisawiki and go to the ‘renew’ option and follow the instructions given.
In order to renew the policy offline, the insured can approach an agent or directly visit a nearby branch of Star Health.
How to Buy Star Care Micro Insurance Policy?
Star health insurance can be bought online easily through Paisawiki.com. Here are the steps to follow:
- Visit the Paisawiki.com
- Go to the ‘Buy’ option above on the home page and click.
- Choose an option from the given list as per your requirement.
- Choose the policy type and sum insured required.
- Calculate the premiums and pay online.
- The policy copy will be mailed to the registered email Id and the same has to delivered to the mailing address.
Documents Required to Buy the Star Care Micro Insurance Plan
There are no documents required to apply, aside from the date of birth, mobile number, and the policy holder’s email Id.
FAQs about Star Care Micro Insurance Plan
Ans: Star Health Insurance Company has 6000 plus offices in India, locations ranging from Delhi, Chennai, Gurugram, and many more.
Ans: Yes, a tax benefit may be claimed under section 80D of the Income Tax Act, considering the condition of 14 days stay in a government hospital is covered and adhered to.
Ans: The policy can be renewed lifelong as long as the premium is paid by the due date, 30-days grace period is provided.
Ans: A maximum of four members is allowed in the floater policy. Two adults are allowed, along with dependent children up till the age of 25 years or parents. Only certain privileges are allowed to family members.
Ans: Yes, people with pre-existing diseases can opt for this insurance as well, they can start to claim for the pre-existing medical amount after a waiting period of continuous 48 months with the insurance policy.
Ans: No, mental disorders are not covered. Behavioral disorders are all excluded from the Star Care Micro Insurance Policy.
Ans: Yes, anyone can apply and take insurance. The claim will be provided for the medical expenses that have incurred within the country only.
Ans: The applicants must be between the ages of 18-65 years and must be residing in Tier-1 or Tier 2 cities.
Ans: Yes, a health card is provided. It is like a Star Health Insurance ID card. It will allow an insured cashless treatment in any of the network hospitals of Star Health Insurance.
Ans: Yes, the policy can be transferred if the current insured informs Star insurance 45 days before his/her renewal date.