Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care
The Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care is another valuable offering from Star Health Insurance to safeguard the needs of policyholders and their dependent families from rural areas. A significant population in India lives in rural areas without adequate medical facilities. They are unable to avail quality treatment due to lack of funds. They are also unable to take a loan due to heavy interest rates.
The Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care policy has been formed to help this population to get appropriate treatment at affordable costs. This plan offers coverage if the policyholder is hospitalised due to an accident or a critical illness.
What is the Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Plan?
The Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care offer hospitalisation cover for rural populations on an individual and floater basis. The Sum assured options are Rs 100,000 for individual and Rs 200,000 for family floater plans. The policy term is one year. The Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care do not require medical screening for pre-acceptance, and all daycare procedures are covered under this policy.
Features of the Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Plan
The following are the features of the Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care plan:
- The maximum policy term is one year.
- There is no requirement for any medical screening for pre-acceptance
- The 2 sum insured options available are Rs 100,000 for individual plans and Rs 200,000 for floater plans.
- Room, boarding, and nursing expenses are covered up to 1% of Sum Insured per day.
- Surgeon, Consultants, Physician, and Specialists fees are covered.
- Coverage of certain medical procedures related to tests and diagnostics are covered.
- Expenses for cataract treatment is limited to Rs 10,000 per eye and Rs 15,000 for the entire policy period.
- There is no co-pay if the insured person is below 60 years of age who has continuously renewed the policy. There is 20% co-pay for every admissible claim if he is over 60 years of age.
- All daycare procedures are covered under this policy.
- The waiting periods are: 6 months for pre-existing illnesses and specific ailments and 30 days for other expenses.
- This insurance policy is portable. If the insured wishes to port the policy, an appropriate form must be filled and submitted within 45 days before the policy renewal due date.
- The policy will expire under 2 circumstances: Upon the death of the insured person and the exhaustion of the sum assured
- The policy will stand cancelled on the grounds of non-cooperation from the insured to premium payment lapse or various other reasons. He will be given a 30-day notice before cancellation
Benefits of the Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Plan
Some of the policy benefits are mentioned below:
- There is no involvement of third-party administrators to settle claims for this policy. There is the direct, in-house claim settlement.
- The insured person is eligible for tax relief under section 80D of the Income Tax Act for the premium amount paid under this policy.
- The applicant gets access to over 9900+ Star network hospitals across India.
- There is no medical screening requirement for pre-acceptance.
- There is a cashless reimbursement facility available in-network hospitals where they immediately settle the payments.
- Star network offers easy and hassle-free renewal and claim settlement.
- All policy activities like purchase, renewal, and claims application can be made online easily.
- This policy offers coverage for specific daycare procedures.
- There is free medical consultation that can be availed by the insurer with a medical expert 24X7
- Customer service helpline is available 24/7 to help with any queries of the policyholders.
- The insured will be allowed 15 days free look period after policy receipt to review the terms and conditions.
Inclusion and Exclusions of the Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Plan
The inclusions under Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Policy are:
- Pre and post -hospitalisation expenses are covered for 30 days and 60 days, respectively.
- Hospitalisation expenses covered include room rent, blood, oxygen, diagnostic charges, artificial limbs, pacemakers, fees of a surgeon, medical practitioner, anaesthetist, consultants, and specialists.
- Cash benefit for each day of hospitalisation is included.
- There is coverage for over 405 different types of daycare treatments.
- Emergency ambulance charges are also included in the policy coverage.
- Pre-existing diseases are covered after 48 months of the medical plan activation.
- Cataract treatment expenses up to Rs 10,000 for one eye and Rs 15,000 for the policy period is covered.
Exclusions under Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Plan are:
- Coverage for all treatments concerning the feminine reproductive system is excluded.
- Expenses incurred for an organ transplant and other surgeries are not covered under this policy.
- Expenses for dental procedures and surgeries are not covered under this policy.
- Expenses for treatment of weight management or obesity are not covered under this policy.
- Maternity, childbirth, pregnancy, and fertility-related expenses are also excluded under this policy.
- Any hospital admission primarily for investigative purposes is excluded.
- Domiciliary treatment expenses and treatment outside India are not covered.
- Expenses for circumcision, cosmetic surgery, sex-change surgery, and plastic surgery are not covered.
- Hearing Refractive error correction, hearing impairment correction expenses are not covered.
- Treatment for intentional self-injuries is excluded under this policy.
- Injuries due to hazardous sports, terrorism, war or breach of law are not covered.
- Hospital admission charges, registration charges, and telephone charges are not covered.
Eligibility Criteria to Buy the Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Plan
The eligibility criteria to apply for the Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Plan online are:
- Adults between 18 years to 65 years
- Dependent children from 12 months to 25 years
- Family members including the individual, spouse or 2 dependent children.
- There are individual and family floater policy options.
Claim Process of the Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Plan
The policyholder must obtain and furnish all bills, receipts, and other documents upon which the claim is based to the insurance company.
After the occurrence of the event, the insurance company must be notified within 24 hours with all the details.
The following is the claiming process and documents to be submitted to support a claim:
For reimbursement Claims
- Duly filled out claim form
- Pre-admission information and treatment documents
- Discharge summary report from the hospital
- Cash receipts from the hospital and pharmacists
- Cash receipts and reports of all the tests done while in hospital
- Reports from doctors, surgeons and anaesthetists
- Certificate from the attending doctor confirming the diagnosis
- Copy of the PAN card
For Cashless Claims
- The insured must call the customer service line at 1800 425 2255 or 1800 104 2277 for immediate assistance.
- They must be informed of the customer ID number for easy reference.
- After admission to the hospital, the insured must submit the insurance ID card at the hospital help desk.
- The pre-authorisation form must be obtained from the helpdesk, and the patient form must be completed and returned.
- Once the treating physician completes the hospitalisation/treatment information, the hospital must fill-up the cost of treatment and submit the form to the insurance company.
- The company will process the claims request and ask for additional documents if necessary.
- Once all documentation is done, the company will process the request according to the terms and conditions and approve or reject the application.
- In case of emergency hospitalisation, information must be submitted within 24 hours to the insurance provider.
In case of the treatment availed for non-network hospitals, payment must be paid upfront and reimbursement along with documents must be filed later.
How to Buy the Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Plan?
One can easily buy the Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Plan online from Paisawiki.com. In order to buy the Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Plan in just a few clicks:
- Visit the Paisawiki website at paisawiki.com
- Enter your basic details, and you will be shown all the insurance options that match.
- Click on the Star Insurance tab to compare plans and choose the Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Plan.
- The applicant must enter detailed information and a health profile. Star Health will then process the application and choose to accept or reject the proposal.
- If the proposal is accepted, the policy will be issued to the applicant subject to the receipt of the premium amount stated on their website.
Documents Required to Buy the Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Plan
The required documents needed to apply for a Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Plan are:
- ID proof such as Aadhar card, PAN card or passport
- Age proof such as Aadhar card or birth certificate
- Address proof such as drivers’ license or Aadhar card
- Passport size photos
Renewal Process of the Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Plan
The policyholder may either visit the insurer branch office or www.paisawiki.com to renew his/her Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Plan. On the Paisawiki website-
He/she must click on the renewal tab and choose the Star Health Renewal option. He/she must then fill out the policy details such as the policy number, email ID, date of birth, and registered phone number to proceed.
Premiums will be reflected. View the premium amount. The required premium amount shown can be paid through net banking, credit or debit card.
The insured must click on the Purchase Policy button to confirm renewal and to get a confirmation message to his email id and phone.
FAQs About Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Plan
Individuals residing in tier 1 and tier 2 cities of India are eligible for this plan. The minimum age of entry is 18 years, and the maximum age of entry is 65 years for this plan.
The limit for room rent for this policy is 0.75% of the sum assured. For ICU rent, the limit is Rs 2000 per day up to a maximum of Rs 10,000.
Ans: Ambulance expenses are covered up to Rs 500 per hospitalisation up to a maximum of Rs 1000 per policy year.
Ans: The hospital cash benefit is the daily allowance that is paid under this policy if the insured person is hospitalised for over 24 hours.
Ans: The limit on cataract treatment is Rs 8500, for major surgeries it is Rs 40,000 and for all other types of surgeries, it is Rs 20,000.
Ans: Pre-existing illnesses are medical conditions that the insured suffers from at the time of policy purchase. The policy has a waiting period for these illnesses after which coverage is offered for the illnesses and their complications. For the Star Micro Rural and Farmers Care Plan, the waiting period for pre-existing illnesses is 48 months.
Ans: Yes. The policyholder can port out of this plan by giving a written request to the company at least 45 days before the expiry date of the current policy.
Ans: Yes. This policy offers a free look period for 15 days from the date of policy receipt. Within this time limit, he can choose to cancel the plan for any reason.
Ans: Star Health offers simple, hassle-free in-house claim settlement without any third-party administrator. The claim-settlement department handles all the claim requests of the company.
Ans: The hospital cash benefit is allowed under this policy only if the insured undertakes treatment in a government hospital.
Ans: No. The expenses for any dental treatment is excluded from this plan.
Written By: Paisawiki - Updated: 12 February 2021