United India Family Medicare 2014 Policy
An affordable health scheme is what all of us look for during these uncertain days. United India Family Medicare 2014 Policy offers some of the most renowned plans looking after the safety, growth, and customizable health insurance plans in India.
The United India Insurance Company Ltd. is among the popular general insurers across the country who aims to provide affordable and comprehensive health plans to the workforce with maximum benefits ranging from hospital fees to cashless treatment.
A merger of 22 companies, headquartered in Chennai, United India Family Medicare 2014 Policy, is one of the most sought-after medical plans in India and is accredited by ICRA for its tailor-made plans to offer benefits users ranging from unpredictable to distressing financial situations.
What is the United India Family Medicare 2014 Policy?
As the name states, United India Family Medicare 2014 Plan offers a comprehensive medical insurance cover to the user and his/her family members. The plan has been designed to cater to the various insurance needs of a family.
The United India Family Medicare 2014 Plan focusses on reducing the trouble load among policyholders who have been in the middle of a situation that can't be looked after financially or emotionally. Hospitalization charges, ambulance coverage, and AYUSH treatments etc. are covered under the United India Family Medicare 2014 Plan.
Benefits of United India Family Medicare 2014 Plan
The benefits to be availed under this United India health insurance plan are:
- From cashless treatments in more than 7000 hospitals to tax benefits being offered under section 80D of the income tax act, the United India Family Medicare 2014 Plan has many benefits attached to its name.
- There is a free look period where you can return the policy within 15 days of receipt if you are not happy, or it doesn't live up to your expectations.
- A family under one single roof- that is that the whole family will have one insurance policy helping them during their hard times.
- There is a no claim bonus of 3% available after 3 continues years. It is subject to 15% of maximums benefits and the expenses on health check-ups will be reimbursed at the end of the 3 years no claim period.
- Children between the age group of 3 years to 18 years can be covered under the same health insurance policy if parents are covered in the policy.
- Coverage on Ayurvedic/Ayush treatments helps family members and policyholders choose the traditional ways to get better via government and non-government hospitals providing treatments based on the traditional age-old method of Ayurveda.
- High sum insured plans ranging from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 10 lakh are provided under this health policy, which is one of the affordable plans in the health insurance market.
- Pre-hospital and post-hospital charges are offered, which renames from one month to two months, respectively, under both the criteria.
- It is a simple yet effective and affordable insurance cover that has the most advantages in any unpredictable or known health circumstances.
Features of United India Family Medicare 2014 Policy
From being the most sought after policy by family members for the safety and growth of lose the features and events raising from it too have to be on par with your family standards! Working towards it, the policy offers-
- Coverage on hospital expenses
- Coverage on room, and nursing expenses which do not exceed 1% of the sum insured or the actual expenses, whichever is less
- ICU expenses- Not exceeding 2% of the insured sum or the actual expenses, whichever is less
- Fees of surgeon, anesthetist, medical practitioner, consultant, and specialist
- Expenses incurred on anesthesia, blood, OT charges, oxygen, surgical appliances, drugs, medicines, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, dialysis, etc.
- Daycare treatments
- Ayush/Ayurvedic treatment offered by government hospitals
- Pre and post-hospitalization charges before 30 days of hospitalization and 60 days post-discharge respectively
- Cashless treatment in more than 7000 hospitals across the country
- Ambulance fees around Rs 2500 as per the policy period
Exclusions of United India Family Medicare 2014 Policy:
There are some exceptions to the policy, under which situation the policy becomes null and void:
- No coverage for pre-existing disease up to 48 months of waiting period
- Expenses incurred for plastic surgeries
- Unproven and experimental surgeries
- Treatment outside of India
- Injuries arising out of the war
- Hearing aids
- HIV, AIDS, STD’s
- Vitamins unless they are prescribed for a treatment
- Non-medical expenses
- Service, admission charges
- ARMD treatment
- Experimental treatment such as plastic surgery
However, there is a required waiting period for certain health issues and medical conditions such as Cataract, Hernia, Hydrocele, Fistula, Piles, Sinusitis, Gall Bladder stone, Gout, Rheumatism, Calculus disorder, Congenital internal disease, and Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy.
For the above health issues, there is a 2-year waiting period and 4 year waiting period for joint replacements and age-related arthritis.
Eligibility for Buying the United India Family Medicare 2014 Policy:
To be eligible to apply for the health insurance policy offered by the United India health insurance, you have to be between the age of 18 to 80 years. Children among the age of 3 years to 18 years are eligible to be dependent under you, only if both the parents are insured under the same policy.
This is a family floater coverage plan that allows youth to invest from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 10 lakh on the basis of the investment criteria and how much the policy owner wants to invest towards family's health and safety.
Claim Process for United India Family Medicare 2014 Policy
Policy owners and the ones under the blanket of health insurance can file for both cashless and reimbursement claims for United India Insurance plans. However, there are certain terms and conditions attached to the claim process.
Cashless claims for United India Family Medicare 2014 Policy are only valid if a third party administrator has serviced it.
- The first step is to check if the hospital you are planning to take treatment under is under the list of networked hospitals for the United India Family Medicare 2014 Policy. You can Avail cashless treatments at hospitals that are under the policy.
- If the medical treatment has been planned to be undergone well in advance, inform the authorities with the hospital name and the details of the treatment.
- But in case it is an emergency, notify the insurance provider's authority as soon as possible.
- The claim for the expenses incurred before or after the treatments can be claimed separately and post-treatment basis.
- Original copies would be needed for the cashless claim. Make sure to submit them 7 days post-hospitalization.
Reimbursement claims are those registered for availing treatment from a non-network hospital.
- To reimburse, you have to send a written notification to the authorized department at the branch nearest to you for the hospitalization, and in emergency cases, the reimbursement imitation should be given in the next 24 hours.
- During the post and pre-hospitalization necessities, make sure to collect all documents such as discharge summary, reports, and submit all the original ones at the office with 7 days. Make sure to photocopy and keep them for yourself as well.
- You should collect the claim form, hospital bills, summary form, reports, and all forms to be filled properly with your name and certificates.
How to Buy the United India Family Medicare 2014 Policy?
The policy can be bought in many ways:
- You can buy the United India Family Medicare 2014 Policy both online and offline. However, it's up to the policyholder, that how they would like to buy the policy. But looking at this ongoing pandemic, it is better to be safe than sorry, so try making the use of digital platforms as much as possible.
- The policy can also be bought via third party platforms, where you can compare policies and even decided on the most sought after policy you are looking for your family and loved ones. Many insurance provider companies are offering United India Family Medicare 2014 Policy, so do ask about the United India Family policy.
- For more information on the said policy, you can visit the paisawiki’s official website and get to know the benefits and features of the United India Family Medicare 2014 Policy, along with other family Medicare policies to understand what is best suited for your investment and budget criteria along with the benefits provided along with it.
Required Documents for Buying the India Family Medicare 2014 Policy
Like any other insurance, there are some basic documents you have to submit for starting a fresh United India Family Medicare 2014 Policy:
- Submit a address proof like electricity bill, Aadhar card, voter card, and other such documents.
- ID proof - Aadhar Card, driving license, Voter card, PAN Card, etc.
- Submit your family members name, id proof for further clarification and details.
- You also have to disclose if there have been any prior health disadvantages or issues which have arisen prior to your and your family's life.
- Sign and read the terms and conditions on the policy document based on your health insurance sums insured.
Renewal of United India Family Medicare 2014 Policy
Renewal of a policy should be done at least a month before its expiry date. If the policy lapses and you are not able to renew, you have to start afresh.
The process of renewing the United India Health Insurance policy is simple and can be down in just minutes. The renewal process can be initiated through paisawiki.com as well.
- Step 1: Enter your policy number.
- Step 2: Submit the required details like your name, address proof, and other certificates.
- Step 3: Select the sum you want to get insured this time, based on which the advantaged will be notified.
- Step 4: Make the payment.
The United India Family Medicare 2014 Policy offers you medical coverage, safety blanket, and, more importantly, a financial blanket for your loved ones who have become a part of the vicious cycle of sedimentary life.
Ans: The questions such as what would you get, or what the policy entails, are some of the basic questions that are asked, and we would suggest that you look through the benefits and features sections of the page. However, in brief, some of the features of the United India Family Medicare 2014 Policy range from hospitalization, Ayurvedic treatments, additional treatments, and more.
Ans: Under the United India Family Medicare 2014 Policy, hospitalization expenses for you and your family are covered under the scheme, where charges such as for room, private room, nursing charges, ICU expenses, Anesthetic, medical, surges, specialists, consultant fees are included and paid via the insurance policy.
Ans: This depends on the organs which are being under observation, for example, pacemaker, cardiac valves, stents, are covered under the policy, which is medically essential, and hospitalization expenses which are required would be paid via the health insurance but nothing else.
Ans: The value for investment in the policy depends on the policyholder, as the tenure for the Medicare policy is one year, one can invest from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 10 lakh and in multiples of Rs 50,000 up to Rs 5 lakh and as the investment ranges from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 10 lakh, the multiples increases, and you can invest in multiples of Rs 1 lakh.
Ans: All payments will be made in Indian rupees only, and no foreign currency conversions will be accepted under the family medicare policy.
Written By: Paisawiki - Updated: 12 February 2021