National Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday Plan
National General Insurance has come up with an interesting policy that covers overseas travel. Most of the insurance products provide coverage for life, health, and travel in India. But this health policy from National Insurance Company Ltd. covers you in times of emergency and need when you are traveling abroad. This National Insurance travel policy protects you against any unforeseen circumstance you may encounter while traveling to an international destination.
For all those unforeseen times when help may not be predictable, like, a road accident on a foreign trip or accidental injury or lost baggage in case of a holiday plan abroad, National health insurance is there to help you with coverage.
What is the National Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday Plan?
National Overseas Mediclaim Policy is a policy package that covers emergencies while traveling abroad. The National Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday Plan is a part of the package that has plan options for business people, students, tourists, and people traveling abroad. It takes care of overseas travel insurance in case of travel due to business or holiday reasons.
This policy provides financial coverage for any type of medical expenses incurred by the insured person while traveling abroad for business or holiday purposes. You can choose the plan variant as per your financial requirements and type of coverage to get hassle-free and convenient travel abroad.
It secures you against accidents or injuries abroad and against baggage loss, passport loss, or any type of personal liability.
Features of the National Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday Plan
Some of the unique features of this plan can be categorized into:
- This plan is available as a basic travel insurance plan from National Insurance or even a travel insurance policy with extended coverage.
- The plan coverage can be bought for up to 4 members of a family.
- The plan provides a comprehensive cover for hospitalization expenses, repatriation, and delay.
- The policy will be valid for 180 days from the date of purchase of the plan.
- Coverage for all medical expenses in case of an emergency in a foreign country as per the coverage amount.
- Coverage for dental treatment abroad up to USD 225
- The plan covers all expenses related to medical transportation and evacuation.
- 24/7 assistance to be availed from National Insurance Company .
- Illness, medical evacuation, repatriation expenses are covered.
- No Medical Check-up is required for purchasing this insurance plan.
- Expenses are covered for Personal Accident and any disability arising out of it.
- Loss or delay of checked baggage for more than 12 hours is also covered.
- Loss of passport is covered.
- Third-party body injury and property damage are covered.
Benefits of the National Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday Plan
The policy comes with the following benefits:
- There is a personal accident cover for any kind of accidental deaths abroad.
- In case of a personal accident abroad, the claim settlement is done in USD for a fast and hassle-free experience.
- Facility for medical evacuation in case of a medical emergency is there.
- It offers emergency cash advances wherever is required.
- The policy provides a host of medical benefits like emergency medical expenses, personal accident cover, out-patient care, medical evacuation, etc.
- This plan offers a host of travel benefits like protection against trip cancellations, or delays, or any missed connecting flights, and even in case of loss of passport of the policyholder.
- Coverage for traveler's baggage loss and delay id offered.
- The plan offers a payout in the form of cashless and reimbursement while the policyholder is traveling abroad.
- The company provides a high claim settlement ratio with an efficient claims management system.
Inclusion of the National Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday Plan
The list of plan inclusions includes the following:
- Hospitalization expenses in case the hospitalization is for 24 hours or more. This includes the rent of the hospital bed, fees payable to doctors, surgeons, anesthetists, nurses, and ICU room rent etc.
- Cost of blood transfusion, medicines, treatment costs, etc.
- Pre-hospitalization expenses up to 60 days
- Post hospitalization expenses up to 90 days after discharge from hospital; the health monitoring and recovery expenses
- Daycare treatments when hospitalized for less than 24 hours
- Domiciliary treatments where the policyholder has to undergo treatment at home
- All costs related to organ donor treatments where the person insured has to undergo a transplant surgery
- Availability of value-added benefits like free health check-ups at regular intervals
- Maternity coverage that provides cover for expenses related to maternity and childbirth
- Coverage for alternative medical treatments like AYUSH and other non-allopathic therapies like Ayurveda, Homeopathy, etc.
Exclusions of the National Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday Plan
The policy doesn’t cover the following conditions:
- Any injuries caused due to attempted suicides or self-inflicted injuries
- Pre-existing illnesses that are diagnosed outside the specific waiting period of the policy
- Any Illnesses occurred within the first 30 to 60 days of buying the policy
- Any Illnesses or injuries due to wars, war-like situations, terrorist activities, nuclear perils etc.
- Illnesses or injuries caused due to consumption or usage of alcohol, drugs, or any other intoxicants
- Cosmetic treatments or any aesthetic surgeries
- Dental treatment unless arising out of an accidental injury
- Expenses related to maternity or childbirth are not included unless the plan covers them explicitly
- Any infertility, obesity-related treatment etc.
- No coverage for mental disorders and congenital abnormalities
- If traveling against the medical advice
Eligibility Criteria to Buy National Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday Plan
The National Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday plan comes with the following elegibility criteria:
- There are no primary age criteria. The plan provides coverage for both adults and kids when they are on a visit abroad.
- Minimum entry age -18 years
- Maximum entry -70 years of age
- For international travel insurance, it provides coverage for two adults up to 60 years and two children up to 21 years. In the case of senior citizens, it offers coverage to senior citizens aged up to 85 years. In this case, there is no need to go through a pre-medical test.
Claim Process of the National Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday Plan
National health insurance follows an easy and straightforward claim settlement process. The insured first needs to fill a claim form with complete and correct information and submit it to the Claims Assistance team of National Insurance. One can follow both the Cashless Claims process and the Reimbursement Claims Settlement process. Policyholders need to file the claims with the insurer in due time, generally 30-60 days from the date of return to the home country. They should submit the claim form along with proper documentation. Any delay in claim filing can lead to delay in claim settlements. It may cause claim rejection as well.
Cashless Claims Process
If the person insured meets with an accident or suffers from sickness on a business or a holiday trip abroad, he/she can opt for cashless claims at the hospitals. In such scenarios, the policyholder can avail of medical treatment or even an emergency evacuation to the home country if the situation so demands. One can follow the following steps for cashless claims settlement:
- Intimate the National Insurance claims team about the situation at their toll-free numbers or by sending an email.
- Download the claims form from the website, fill it and submit it via email. If the application is acceptable under the policy, the claim team will facilitate cashless treatment overseas.
Reimbursement Claims Process
This process involves the settlement of claims by claiming a reimbursement amount based on hospital and treatment expenses incurred.
- In case the policyholder meets with an accident abroad while on a trip, or any other issue, he/she needs to keep a detailed record of all the doctors’ reports and prescriptions, as well as hospital or medical payment receipts safely.
- One needs to submit the duly signed and stamped documents to file for reimbursement.
- He/she will be required to submit a copy of the police FIR in case of any unforeseen situation that involves a third party.
- If the illness requires emergency evacuation, one would need the consent of the National Insurance team. After getting the approval, and if the foreign hospital also permits to fly back, the insured can get back to the home country.
- Once the documents and claim form are verified, the insurer settles the reimbursement claim as per the norms of the policy.
How to Buy the National Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday Plan?
One can buy the policy of National health insurance by visiting the official website of Paisawiki.com. All one needs to do is to search and compare plans online to choose an appropriate mediclaim insurance plan . Here one gets the facility to view free quotes based on the requirement such as destination, age, travel requirements etc. For buying the policy
- Just visit the Paisawiki.com and go to the ‘health insurance’ tab.
- Go for ‘Get Free Quote”, provide the detail required and click on submit.
- In the next step provide some personal information such as age, contact number, members to be covered, travel date etc.
- The portal will suggest some plans as per the requirement. One can choose the required plan there and also go for “Compare Plan’ option.
- While comparison is done based on the premium and features offered, in the final step the insurance seekers can choose the plan and go for the payment.
- The policy premiums can be paid through a secured payment gateway. On successful payment, the soft copy of the policy will be sent to the registered email Id.
Required Documents to Buy the National Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday Plan
The National Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday Plan can be easily applied in a hassle-free way. You just need to submit copies of the following documents when applying for the plan.
The main document needed here is the Application/proposal form to buy this plan. You can buy this either online or directly from the National Insurance office. If your age is above 70 years, you also need to submit your ECG report, Blood sugar report, and urine strip test.
For people below 70 years of age, no medical reports need to be submitted to the plan.
How to Renew the National Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday Plan?
In order to enjoy the policy benefits uninterruptedly, one has to renew the policy on time. This can be done quickly by visiting the aggregator website paisawiki.com and follow the instructions to renew the policy online. The insured just needs to provide the policy number and DOB or registered mobile number to view the renewed premium amount and purchase the plan.
Ans: Any adult citizen of India, Nepal, or Bhutan, who is going to a foreign country for business or on holiday, can purchase this policy. Also, any foreign nationals working in India for Indian employers of MNCs can buy this policy if they are getting their salaries in the Indian currency.
Ans: The premium for the policy is dependent on many factors like your age, country of travel, duration of the trip, and the coverage of the plan opted for. The older you are, the longer you are traveling or a multi-trip cover will cost you more with a higher premium payment amount.
Ans: You can change the travel dates to a later date within the 180 days on the plan to any time before the plan start date.
Ans: If you are stuck in a foreign country for a longer time, you can apply for an extension of your travel insurance plan before it expires. The National Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday plan will provide you with extended coverage for that period abroad.
Ans: No, there is no such provision of any premium refund if your overseas trip or holiday ends before the policy expires. National Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday policy end either on your date of the return or on the expiry date mentioned in the policy document.
Written By: Paisawiki - Updated: 28 September 2020