Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
Royal Sundaram health insurance is one of the most popular insurance products in the market. Being the first private sector insurer, Royal Sundaram is a joint venture of Sundaram Finance and other Indian Shareholders. Over the years, Royal Sundaram has carved a niche in the Indian market with its distinct product portfolio and quality customer service. Today, Royal Sundaram has a customer-base of over 5 million clients and an extensive distribution network of agents and brokers, with its active presence in more than 180cities across the country. Health insurance products offered by the insurers can be a good option for meeting both individual and family insurance requirements.
What is Royal Sundaram Health Insurance?
Royal Sundaram is one of the leading health insurance providers in India. The company has a curated portfolio of customized health insurance products at affordable prices. These Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans are outlined based on a wide range of benefits for you and your family. Their products have different sum insured products as per the customer ‘s unique requirements.
Royal Sundaram Health insurance plans provide a comprehensive insurance coverage for your timely and unforeseen medical needs. The plans are accompanied by the facility of cashless treatment in a huge network of over 3000 hospitals. The company provides lifelong renewability with over a million insurance policies issued.
Royal Sundaram offers a myriad of plans from the individual health insurance coverage to a specialized one. The plans also have maternity benefits and auto-recharge insured sum each year of the policy.
Why Should You Buy the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plan?
Royal Sundaram has been providing innovative health insurance solutions to its wide customer base. It offers quality products at an economical price. Let us check out the reasons why a Royal Sundaram health insurance policy would be a good choice for you and your family.
- The insurer offers quality services both offline and through a user-friendly web portal. You can get assistance from purchasing the products to claiming your policy.
- The company provides a set of values promoted by the 'Sundaram Way' to serve you the best.
- The Royal Sundaram Health insurance plans come with various options for the sum insured range.
- The company has a high Claim Settlement Ratio or CSR. This is an indicator of its capability to settle a high number of claims in any given financial year.
- The Royal Sundaram health insurance premium values are affordable and fit every budget-type.
- The insurance company provides excellent customer service with facilities like an online premium calculator, a network hospital locator, a hassle-free plan renewal, and a claim process with a 24/7 helpline, a dedicated grievance redressal cell, and online application and renewal.
- You can choose add-on covers like personal accident and critical illness cover and cash benefits by making Royal Sundaram Health Insurance online payments at the time of renewal.
Types of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plans
Royal Sundaram Health insurance offers 3 types of health insurance plans to its customers. They are customized as per user requirements. These plans are as follows:
- Royal Sundaram Family Good Health Plan
- Royal Sundaram Lifeline Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Smart Cash Plan
Royal Sundaram Family Plus Good Health Plan
This is an effective and affordable health plan for you, your family, along with dependent parents and kids. It is a comprehensive floater policy that includes 19 different relations to cover. The policy can be availed both as individual and floater sum insured basis. The distinct features of this plan are as follows:
- Minimum entry age is 91 days to 18 years. There is no upper age limit for entry.
- For entrants over 50 years and dependent parents up to 65 years, the medical screening will be required.
- There is coverage for 19 different relations to cover a large family in a single policy under a Royal Sundaram Health Insurance policy
- You can choose the sum insured from Rs 3 lakh, 4 lakh, 5 lakh, 10, lakh, 15 lakh, 20 lakh and 25 lakh under floater policy
- The individual plan option offers sum insured options such as Rs 2 lakh, 3 lakh, 5 lakh, 10 lakh and 15 lakh.
- The policy period can be either 1 or 2 years
- This Royal Sundaram Health insurance policy can include Individual plus floater sum insured in the same policy
- Under hospitalization cash benefit, the policy pays up to a maximum of Rs 60,000 for a period of 30 days hospitalisation
- The family floater can include self, spouse, dependent children, and parents, up to 2 adults and 3 children
- The policy offers 100% reload of sum insured in case the sum insured and NCB are exhausted
- The cash allowance for Hospitalization beyond 21 days is up to Rs 10,000 per insured member. The overall limit, in this case, is Rs 20,000 for all members.
- It offers a No-Claims bonus where the base sum insured in 5 claim-free years
- Second Opinion for 11 Critical Illness will be provided through Europe Assistance India Pvt. Ltd.
- Emergency domestic evacuation cover up to Rs 1 lakh which include air or road ambulance.
- Domiciliary hospitalisation expenses can be covered up to the sum insured
Family Good Health Plan at a Glance
Individual Base Sum Insured: Rs.2 /3/5/10/15 lakh
Floater Sum Insured: Rs 3/4/5/10/15/20/25/50 lakh
Up to 2 adults and up to 3 children
1 or 2 years
Yes, up to 2 deliveries
Nutritional Allowance Benefit
Up to Rs 10,000
Yes, up to sum insured limit in Government hospitals
up to the SI/Rs 30,000 in other hospitals
Up to Rs 4000 for each insured member
Up to 60/90 days respectively
Royal Sundaram Lifeline Health Insurance
Royal Sundaram brings a comprehensive and unique health insurance coverage called Lifeline Health insurance, which can be availed either as individual or floater basis. Apart from offering a health coverage, the policy also helps the insured to proactively take care of his/her health
Some of the unique features of this policy include the following:
- Lifeline is offered as an Individual as well as a Family Floater plan for an individual, spouse, and children
- The minimum entry age is 18 years, while there is no maximum age limit
- It will provide insurance coverage for the applicant, spouse, and up to 4 dependent children between 91 days and 25 years of age
- The policy term can be for 1 or 2 or 3 years
- This Royal Sundaram health insurance plan is available in 4 variants- Lifeline/ Lifeline Classic/Lifeline Supreme/Lifeline Elite
- It offers different sum insured amounts for the 3 categories:
- Classic - Rs.2 /3/ 4 lakh
- Supreme - Rs.5 /10 /15/20/50 lakh
- Elite - Rs.25/ 30/50/100/150 lakh
- Lifeline plans offer 100% reload of the sum insured i.e. If you exhaust your health coverage due to claims in a given year, Royal Sundaram will reload the entire sum insured of your policy at no extra cost, if there is no further claim either by you or any insured member for a different illness.
- No medical screening is required for any applicant or their insured members for pre-existing diseases.
- There is no capping on the room rent.
- This plan also provides cover for Ayush Treatment as well as vaccination in the case of animal bites, where OPD cost is covered.
- Lifeline plans offer an annual health check-up for the Supreme and Elite Plan which is available once every third policy year in the case of the Classic Plan variant
- Lifeline also provides services to manage your health proactively. You can get a doctor's opinion using its Health and Wellness Program feature. You can email your query and get a response within 24 hours
- The best feature is that you can double your sum insured amount with a “No Claim Bonus” in 5 claim-free years of the policy.
Lifeline Plan at a Glance
Classic - Rs.2 /3/ 4 lakh
Supreme - Rs.5 /10 /15/20/50 lakh
Elite - Rs.25/ 30/50/100/150 lakh
Up to 6 members for family floater plans
1 or 2 or 3 years
Treatment Outside India
Option to cover critical illnesses treatment abroad in Elite Plan
Yes, up to the sum insured limit in Government hospitals
Up to Rs 20,000/30,000/50,000 in other hospitals as per chosen plan variant
Classic: Up to Rs 3000 for each insured member
Supreme: Up to Rs 5000 for each insured member
Elite: Up to Rs 10,000 for each insured member
Classic: Up to 30-60 days
Supreme: Up to 60-90 days
Elite: Up to 60-180 days
The Lifeline Health Royal Sundaram Health Insurance policy is a popular product and it comes in 3 variants-
- Lifeline Classic
- Lifeline Supreme
- Lifeline Elite
Lifeline Classic: Lifeline Classic is a suitable plan option for you if you are looking for a comprehensive health insurance plan for you and your family at affordable rates.
Here are the distinct features of the Lifeline Classic plan from among Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans.
- Any individual above 18 years of age is eligible to purchase the Lifeline plan
- Lifeline Classic shall be purchased as an Individual plan and as a Family Floater plan for self, spouse, and children
- Lifeline Classic caters to the need of an affordable health insurance cover with the sum insured options of Rs 2 lakh, Rs 3 lakh, and Rs 4 lakh. It is a good choice for people looking for an affordable health insurance plan
Benefits of Lifeline Classic
Lifeline Classic comes with a series of benefits along with the regular health cover for certain illnesses and medical conditions.
- Pre and Post-hospitalization expenses up to the amount of sum insured for 30 days / 60 days respectively
- All daycare procedures covered up to the sum insured amount
- Ambulance cover up to Rs 3,000
- In-patient Hospitalization expenses
- Organ Donor treatment expenses covered up to the sum insured
- No-claim bonus starts from 10% of the insured sum and is extended up to 50%.
- Domiciliary hospitalization expenses are covered.
- The no-claim bonus or NCB is not reduced even when a claim is filed during a particular year.
- If there is complete exhaustion of sum insured and/or “No Claim Bonus," even then there is a 100% reload of the sum insured during the treatment.
- AYUSH Treatment covered up to the sum insured amount in Government Hospitals and up to Rs 20,000 in other hospitals.
- Animal bite vaccination covered up to Rs 2,500
- Complete health check-up available every 3rd policy year
- It also provides for preventive Healthcare and Wellness programs and check-ups
Lifeline Supreme: An improvised of the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance policy, the Lifeline Supreme covers you and your family, with a comprehensive coverage along with health and wellness benefits, annual health check-up, and even no-cost second opinion for critical illness features. We will now list out the features of this plan:
- Any person above 18 years of age can purchase this plan, Lifeline. Lifeline plan shall be purchased as an individual plan and also as a Family Floater plan for self, spouse, and children
- This plan comes with greater Sum Insured options of Rs 5, 10, 15, 20, and 50 lakh to provide a comprehensive cover for medical treatment and expenses.
- This plan takes care of the medical treatment for critical illnesses/ severe medical conditions, with second opinion benefit for 11 critical illnesses.
Benefits of Lifeline Supreme
- Inpatient hospitalization and pre and post-hospitalization expenses repayment for 60/ 90 days respectively
- Daycare procedures are covered up to the sum insured amount
- There is a local ambulance cover of up to Rs 5,000 to the nearest hospital
- Organ donor treatment expenses covered
- Domiciliary hospitalization expenses covered
- 20%-100% No-claim bonus (NCB) is provided
- If there is complete exhaustion of sum insured and/or “No Claim Bonus," even then there is a 100% reload of the sum insured during the treatment
- AYUSH Treatment covered up to the sum insured in government hospitals and up to Rs 30,000 in other hospitals
- The plan covers vaccination in case of animal bite up to Rs 5,000
- It also provides annual health check-ups for every adult member
- There is a Second opinion for the diagnosis and treatment of 11 specified critical illnesses available
- This plan also provides an additional Emergency domestic evacuation cover of up to Rs 1 lakh
Lifeline Elite - This plan is a global and more sophisticated version of the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance policy. It provides holistic health insurance coverage in India as well as abroad for you as well as your family. Here are the detailed features and benefits available with this Lifeline Elite policy provided by Royal Sundaram Health insurance plans.
- Any adult individual can purchase this Lifeline plan
- Lifeline Elite is offered as an Individual plan as well as a Family Floater plan for self, spouse, and children
- It offers a comprehensive health cover with Sum Insured options of Rs 25 lakh, Rs 30 lakh, Rs 50 lakh, Rs 1 crore and Rs 1.5 crore to give you the best of modern medical and healthcare facilities.
- Lifeline Elite comes with a wide range of medical benefits covering critical illnesses, international treatment, maternity, accidents, and even severe medical conditions
Benefits of Lifeline Elite:
The Lifeline Elite Plan offers an extensive health cover along with a myriad of medical care benefits. Here are the key benefits offered by the Lifeline Elite plan that ensure that you and your loved ones receive a wide range of exclusive health benefits under a wide health insurance cover.
- In-patient Hospitalization and pre and post-hospitalization expenses repayment for 60 days/180 days, respectively up to the sum insured
- All types of daycare procedures are covered up to the sum insured
- International treatment of 11 specified critical illnesses covered. This includes return airfare up to Rs 3 lakh
- The elite plan provides an international emergency hospitalization up to 50% of Sum Insured (limited up to Rs 20 lacs), under prescribed guidelines
- It also provides maternity benefit cover for up to 2 deliveries which include cover for the newborn and his vaccination in the first year
- The plan includes an OPD treatment cover up to Rs 10,000
- There is also an emergency ambulance cover included up to Rs 10,000
- Organ donor treatment covered
- Domiciliary hospitalization expenses covered
- 20% to 100% of the total sum insured “No-claim bonus” or NCB available
- AYUSH treatment expenses covered up to the sum insured in Government hospitals and up to Rs 50,000 in other hospitals
- Animal bite vaccination expenses covered up to Rs 7,500
- The facility of annual health checkups provided
- There is also availability and provision for the second opinion for the diagnosis and treatment of 11 specified critical illnesses
- The elite plan covers emergency domestic evacuation expenses up to Rs 3 lakh
These 3 variants of the Royal Sundaram Lifeline Individual and family floater plans provide comprehensive coverage for your health and medical expenses at economical rates. You can compare plans to find the best one according to your requirements.
Royal Sundaram Smart Cash Plan
The Royal Sundaram Smart Cash plan comes with a feature to offer a fixed health cover to the insured person. Under this plan, a certain amount is made available for 24 hours of Hospitalization. This amount could be utilized for travel expenses, attendant accommodation, and other medical expenses
- The Smart Cash Plan helps to take care of your daily medical expenses in case of Hospitalization like transportation, food, patient's attendant or guest accommodation, etc.
- This is a daily cash benefit plan that covers your expenses in treating injury or illnesses, after 24 hours of Hospitalization. The daily cash limit ranges from Rs 500-Rs 10,000 depending on the nature of the plan
- The Smart Cash Plan is available in 3 variants namely - Silver, Gold, and Platinum
- If the insured person is hospitalized for more than 15 days, you get a lump sum amount of Rs. 10, 000 along with the hospital confinement benefit (once annually)
- If you have taken the policy for your kid below 12 years, in case of such a hospitalization, you will also get a parental accommodation benefit along with the child’s hospitalization benefit. This will be paid as per the selected plan
- This Royal Sundaram Health Insurance policy offers a myriad of benefits such as tax benefits, Hospitalization and joint hospitalization benefits, reimbursement for emergency flight tickets, critical illnesses and ICU charges, childbirth, besides covering regular expenses like food and travel expenses, and expenses incurred in Emergency Family Member visit
- You can buy this plan individually or even for children, spouse, parents, and dependents.
Smart Cash Plan at a Glance
Royal Sundaram health insurance plan-Smart Cash Plan
Hospital Confinement Benefit
Accident Hospital Benefit
Critical Illness Benefit
Joint Hospitalization due to Accident
Child Birth Benefit
Pre-Existing Disease Benefit
Health Checkup cost reimbursement
Emergency Family Member visit
Features and Benefits of the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plan
The Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans have come up with several striking features that make them a popular choice in the market. The features and benefits of the plan are discussed below.
General Features of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plan
- There is no requirement for pre-screening medical tests for customers until 50 years of age.
- The Royal Sundaram health insurance plans provide extensive coverage for pre-existing diseases after a waiting period of 3 years.
- You can avail cashless hospitalization facility in a large number of the network as well as non-network hospitals.
- These plans cover your pre and post-hospitalisation expenses.
- The documentation required at each step of insurance application and claim is minimal.
- The company covers a long list of 147 day-care procedures under the insurance policy.
- The Royal Sundaram health insurance plans allow a Lifetime renewability option.
- Maternity expenses or pregnancy mediclaim are also covered under the health insurance plans.
General Benefits of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plan
- For every claim-free year with the company, you get a cumulative bonus of 5-50%.
- In the case of Hospitalization, due to an accident, the company provides double cash benefits. In the case of admission to the ICU, it provides a triple cash benefit.
- You can also avail of an increased cover of up to an additional 50% sum insured in case of hospitalization due to an accident.
- The policy offers tax benefits on health insurance premiums under Section 80D of the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961 for all Royal Sundaram health insurance plans.
Inclusions and Exclusions of the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plan
You should carefully go through your Royal Sundaram Health Insurance policy to become well-versed with the options included and excluded from the plan. As per the policy document, some of them are:
Inclusions of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plan
The inclusions of the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plan are as follows:
- Pre and post hospitalization expenses are covered
- Daycare procedures
- In-patient Hospitalization
- Domiciliary hospitalization charges
- Preventive healthcare, as well as wellness charges, are included
- Ambulance charges and Health check-up charges
- Vaccination (applicable in case of animal bite)
- AYUSH Treatment is also part of the insurance scheme
Exclusions of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plan
The exclusions of the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plan are as follows:
- The Royal Sundaram Health Insurance policy does not cover any pre-existing medical conditions declared by the policyholder during the purchase of policy up to the waiting period of 3 years.
- Addictive conditions and disorders like Sleep/Speech disorders
- Adventurous or Hazardous sports
- Knee or hip replacement, cataract, chronic Renal Failure or any type of last stage renal failure, etc. will be covered only after 2 years of completion of the policy
- Any kind of dental treatment
- Self-inflicted injuries
- HIV-AIDS and other STDs
- Stem cell implants
- Nature care or alternative treatment
- Any treatment conducted in a non-recognized hospital
*For complete list of exclusions, kindly refer to the policy document
Eligibility Criteria to Buy the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plan
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance policy can be purchased by anyone who meets the following eligibility criteria:
- Any individual 18 years and above can purchase the health policy.
- There is no maximum age limit for buying this policy.
- You can also buy health insurance for dependent children with more than 3 months of age and a maximum of 24 years.
- A single health insurance policy from Royal Sundaram can cover up to a maximum of 5 people.
Claim Process of the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plan
You should file a proper claim to avail of the health insurance benefits promptly. Here are the steps of the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Claim process listed to file a claim under a Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plan.
- Claim Notification
You should inform the company at least 48 hours prior in case of planned Hospitalization. For an emergency hospitalization, you should inform within 24 hours of the emergency.
You can notify them in any of the following manners:
- Call at their 24 x 7 Toll-Free number: 1860-425-0000 or landline number at 91-44-7117 7117
- You can even drop in an email
- You can fill up the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Claim form online
You should provide details like the name of the patient, diagnosis, hospital details – name, contact number, address, hospitalization date, expected discharge, etc. for the claim intimation process for a Royal Sundaram health insurance policy. The information should be correct and complete.
- Claim Submission: The policyholder needs to submit the duly filled and signed Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Claims form. Other necessary claim documents should support this.
- Claim Processing: After receiving all the claim documents, the insurance company will make payment for the admissible amount following all the policy terms and conditions.
- In case of a reimbursement claim, you should send the duly filled and signed claim form and all the documents to Royal Sundaram within 30 days from the date of discharge from the hospital. You should send accurate information otherwise Royal Sundaram will send a Letter of Deficiency within 7 days of receipt of claim documents.
- Claim Payment: On receipt of the complete set of claim documents, and once verified, Royal Sundaram will make the payment for the claimed amount along with a settlement letter within 30 days
*Note: All Royal Sundaram Health Insurance claims will be settled through Medi Assist Insurance TPA Private Limited for all regular benefits of the insurance other than a few exceptions.
Renewal Process of the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plans
Royal Sundaram health insurance plans offer a convenient online plan renewal process. You should remember to do your policy renewal before the expiry date.
However, you are still given a grace period to avoid lapse of the Royal Sundaram health insurance policy, if you fail to renew on or before the due date.
Renewal Steps to Follow
Here are the steps for the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Online Renewal process:
- You can access the official website to renew your Royal Sundaram Health Insurance policy.
- You would be required to enter the expiry date and policy number for policy renewal.
- Your Royal Sundaram Health Insurance renewal notice would be visible online. You can go through it and accept the renewal policy.
- You can then pay the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance renewal premium online using net banking, credit card, or debit card and get the renewed policy instantly.
How to Buy the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plan?
The easiest way of buying Royal Sundaram Health Insurance policy is through online. You just need to access the company's official website. Within minutes, you can get an instant quote on your chosen policy without the hassle of the physical documentation process.
The steps to buying health insurance online are as follows:
- Visit the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance online at the portal.
- Go through the various features and benefits of the available Royal Sundaram health insurance plans
- You can compare plans and choose a Royal Sundaram Health Insurance online policy based on your requirements. Click on the 'Buy Now' tab.
- You can enter details about the insured member, his dependents, and the sum insured.
- You should choose the policy term of 1 or 2 years.
- You can check the applicable Royal Sundaram health insurance premium by using the online premium calculator.
- Make a note of the instant quote.
- If you agree with the quoted Royal Sundaram health insurance premium, click on 'Proceed' to purchase the Royal Sundaram health insurance policy.
- You can make the payment for the premium online through net banking, credit card, or debit card options.
Once the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance online payment is successful, you can get the policy documents at your email ID. The Royal Sundaram health insurance policy becomes effective after the payment. You can download the policy document and keep a printed hard copy of your policy.
Documents Required to Buy Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plans
You can compare plans and always opt for buying a Royal Sundaram health insurance policy online. When buying a Royal Sundaram health insurance policy, you are required to produce an array of documents and reports. They make sure that your burden of paperwork is reduced drastically. You can apply either online or at the nearest branch in your locality. You will need to submit the following documents to apply for the Royal Sundaram health insurance plans.
Age Proof – You can submit a copy of any of the following documents as proof of your age:
- Voter ID Card
- Pan Card
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card
- Birth certificate
Identity Proof – This document will be required to help your insurer identify the type of coverage offered to you. You should submit a copy of any of the following documents:
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Address Proof – You should submit a copy of your address proof so that the health insurance company can send various communications at your postal address. These can be any of the following documents:
- Driving license
- Rent agreement if applicable
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Utility bills like electricity bill, telephone bill, etc.
- Ration card
- 2 Passport-size photographs
- Proposal form duly filled in and signed
- Medical reports, wherever demanded by the company
Review of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance has carved a niche in the Health Insurance sector. It offers a variety of reasonably priced insurance policies. The plans by the company are well-designed and specially curated for a vast base of customers from varied backgrounds and with diverse requirements. The products are affordable and rich in features and, at the same time, provide tax benefits under Section 80D of the Indian Income Tax Act as well.
They have a good claim settlement ratio, which shows their continuous efforts to offer excellent customer service. Hence, if you are looking for a robust health insurance policy with credibility and dependability along with efficient post-sales services, a Royal Sundaram Health Insurance policy will be a good choice.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance FAQs
Ans: Royal Sundaram provides an additional buffer towards unforeseen incidents.
In the case of hospitalization due to illness, the insurance cover is the total insured sum and the maximum payable amount. However, for Hospitalization due to accidents, a maximum cover of 150% of the insured amount is possible if no illness claim is made.
If the insured amount has been exhausted due to Hospitalization for the treatment of illnesses, you can still use the remaining 50% for treatment emergency accidental injuries.
Yes, Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans provide for portability option i.e., customers can choose and change to a different insurance provider by applying for the same at least 45 days before the next renewal date.
Ans: Royal Sundaram provides cover for 11 critical illnesses abroad. As soon as the insured person is diagnosed with a specified critical illness, he/she should immediately inform the service provider.
If the purpose of travelling is to avail medical treatment, the same should also be informed on the helpline number.
During emergencies, one should inform the Insurance provider in 24 hours of Hospitalization. In case of planned emergencies, the notification should be 48 hours before the Hospitalization.
The Service Provider would verify the eligibility as per the pre-authorization request made. If the request is approved, the insurance company will get in touch with the hospital immediately, and the bill will be settled directly with the hospital
Ans: You can check the claim status by visiting the insurer's website. Then click on the 'Customer Service Request' tab and select your product type. Enter your policy number and personal details, followed by selecting the 'Claim Related' service request. You can fill in the details and then track your claim status.
You can also call customer support helpline number 1860 425 0000 or even drop an email.
Ans: While individual health insurance policies cover an individual, a family floater plan provides health insurance coverage to the entire family. Under this plan, each family member gets the medical expense benefits under one single insurance policy. Also, buying an insurance policy for each member of the family could be more expensive. However, a Family Floater plan is more cost-effective as it provides a single plan for all members of your family.
Ans: Yes, you can make an online cancellation of the policy. You should visit the insurer’s website at https://www.royalsundaram.in/customer-request
Then you should click on the 'Customer Service Request' tab and select the product type. You can enter your policy number and personal details. Then you can place the 'Policy Cancellation' service request.
You can also call at customer service helpdesk number 1860 425 0000 or email to customer.services[at]royalsundaram[dot]in
Ans: Your general health insurance will take care of your general medical and treatment expenses. An add-on Accidental cover can go a long way to cover the risk from accidents that can occur at home, office, or anywhere outside. Your accident insurance policy can assist you with a lump sum amount at the time of need in case of an accident. It can compensate by providing financial support due to the death/disablement of the insured person.
Written By: Paisawiki - Updated: 21 September 2020