Tell us about you
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C Apply
Star Cancer Care Gold (Pilot Product)
Star Health and Allied Insurance together have launched a one-of-its-kind Star Cancer Care Gold Policy for patients diagnosed with Cancer. Cancer is a life-threatening disease that has inflicted the lives of many people. Thousands of people from various sections of the society are left financially stranded because of the high treatment costs of this disease. The Star Cancer Care Gold –Pilot Plan provides an extensive cover up to Rs 5 lakh for patients between 5 months to 65 years and those diagnosed with Stage I and Stage II of cancer.
Star Cancer Care Gold policy is a pilot Product, which means that the company has launched it on a testing basis for 5 years. The future of the product will be decided based on its performance in the market. Accordingly, it will be converted into a regular product, modified, or even withdrawn.
What is the Star Cancer Care Gold Plan?
This Cancer Care Gold Plan from Star Health is a pilot product that allows coverage for the treatment of Cancer. Customers can avail of this service without any requirement for prior medical screening. This plan offers half of the entire sum insured as a lump-sum payout after the diagnosis of cancer. This Cancer Care Gold Plan provides cancer coverage for the risk of recurrence, the spread of Cancer, and even second stage cancer. It also covers the cost of regular hospitalization expenses for non-cancer-related ailments. Customers can submit previous medical records, including details of the latest treatment and proposal forms, to avail of this policy.
Features of the Star Cancer Care Gold Plan
This plan comes along with a host of attractive features that are discussed below.
Key features of the Star Cancer Care Gold plan are:
- Coverage amount of Rs 3 lakh and Rs 5 lakh.
- The policy term is one year.
- There are no pre-medical check-ups required.
- Rs 1,50,000 to Rs 2,50,000 lump sum benefit is offered in case of recurrent or Stage II Cancer.
- Rs1 lakh to Rs 1.5 lakh indemnity cover for surgery or intervention therapy is available.
- Rs 50,000 to Rs 1 lakh indemnity cover for non-surgical or non-intervention therapy
- Covers all kinds of hospitalization expenses in proportion to the room category available as per the policy.
- Pre and post hospitalization expenses are covered.
- Ambulance charges for an emergency are covered.
- This policy provides 10% Co-Payment on every claim if the person insured is aged 60 years and above.
- There is a 30 month waiting period for covering the treatment of many diseases other than accidents.
- For pre-existing diseases, there is a 48 month waiting period.
- There is a 24 month waiting period for filing claims for any diseases specified in the policy document.
Benefits of the Star Cancer Care Gold Plan
Some of the alluring benefits of this policy are:
- This policy provides a free-look period for 15 days from the date of inception of the plan, where you can return the policy document if not satisfied with the product.
- You can avail tax benefits on premium payments for this policy under section 80D of the Indian Income Tax Act. Tax benefits are subject to change as per tax laws.
- Star health allows a fast and easy claim settlement procedure without any third-party administrator.
- The person insured can claim cashless treatment in any of the Star Health’s network hospitals at affordable rates.
- The policy can also be ported to a different insurer.
- The policyholder can cancel the policy at any time and can avail the remaining premium amount at the short period rate fixed by Star Health, provided there has not been any claim until the date of cancellation.
Inclusion and Exclusions of the Star Cancer Care Gold Plan
The policy provides coverage for surgical and non-surgical procedures and treatment for non-cancer-related diseases.
The policy covers the following
- Room rent for a single, standard AC room, boarding, and nursing expenses are covered.
- Fees applicable for surgeons, doctors, anesthetists, medical specialists, or consultants etc. are included.
- It also provides accident cover, with all accidental injury costs and treatments.
- All costs related to regular sickness and ailments, providing the benefits of regular medical insurance are covered.
- Expenses related to blood transfusion, oxygen transfer, anesthesia, OT charges, medicines, and drugs, etc. are covered.
- Pre-hospitalization expenses up to 60 days are provided.
- Post-hospitalization expenses up to 90 days from the date of discharge from the hospital are covered.
- Ambulance charges to the nearest hospital in case of emergency up to a maximum of Rs 2000 in a policy year are included.
- All daycare treatments and surgical procedures requiring less than 24 hours of hospitalization are covered.
Exclusion and Exclusions of the Star Cancer Care Gold Plan
The policy doesn’t cover the expenses arising out of the following:
- Preputial Dilation
- Removal of SMEGMA
- Any sickness or injury related to the war, war-like conditions, and terrorist activities
- Any harm or illness associated with the use of nuclear weapons
- Immunization or Vaccination except for post-bile treatment or therapeutic reasons
- External congenital conditions and anomalies
- Dental treatment or surgery except those required for accidental treatment
- Nutritional deficiency or Convalescence
- Mental disorders or psychiatric conditions
- Any injuries arising out of suicide attempts or self-inflicted injuries
- Any sickness or damage arising out of excess consumption of alcohol, medicines and drugs
- STDs or Venereal diseases
- Any treatment related to HTLV- III/LAV/HIV/AIDS
- Maternity or childbirth-related treatments, like miscarriage, MTPs
- Any fertility treatments or artificial insemination methods
- Treatment of sleep apnea, endocrine disorders, or genetic anomalies
- Any obesity-related treatments
- Lasik LASER treatments or obesity-related treatment
- Naturopathy or any treatment related to Alternative medicine
- Stem cell therapy
- All types of cosmetic or aesthetic surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Cost of spectacles, lens, hearing aids, wheelchairs, peritoneal dialysis
- Hospital registration charges, admission charges
Eligibility Criteria to Buy the Star Cancer Care Gold Plan
The Star Cancer Care Gold plan applies to any individual in the following age group, who has been diagnosed with Stage I or Stage II Cancer.
- Minimum Age of Entry: 5 months
- Maximum Age of Entry: 65 years
- There is no need to undergo any pre-medical check-ups. If the insured has any previous medical records related to any undergoing latest treatment, you can submit those reports along with the proposal form.
Claim Process for the Star Cancer Care Gold Plan
Star Health has provided for both Cashless Claims as well as Reimbursement procedure method for processing claims under the Star Cancer Care Gold plan.
Cashless Claim Procedure
For all patients covered under Section I of the plan that covers any recurrence of Cancer or Metastasis, or a second stage cancer, the following documents will be required to be submitted:
- Certificate from the treating doctor who has diagnosed and confirmed the Metastasis/recurrence/Stage II cancer
- Any associated clinical, radiological, pathological, and laboratory reports
The insured can contact the 24-hour helpline provided by Star Health at 1800-425-2255 or 1800-102-4477. Inform the authorities about the Policy reference number/ID.
The Claim Intimation needs to be done within 24 hours in case of emergency hospitalization, and 24 hours before in case of planned hospitalization.
As soon as the insurance and the hospital authorities approve the hospital admission request, you can go ahead with cashless hospitalization availed at any network hospital.
Reimbursement Claims Procedure
The insured person can proceed with the Reimbursement Claims method in case of hospitalization in non-network hospitals where the cashless procedure cannot be initiated.
The very first thing that needs to be done is to inform the Star Health Claims team on time about the hospitalization.
- Go ahead with the hospitalization procedures and treatment, as suggested by the doctor in charge.
- Keep a record of all the investigation reports, diagnostic tests, laboratory and medical reports, and doctor prescriptions until the person insured is in hospital, along with the hospital discharge sheet.
- The claim can be submitted within 30 days of discharge from the hospital, along with necessary documents and reports.
- Once the Claims team from Star Health approves your claim request, and everything is examined and verified, you will get the Reimbursement amount transferred to your bank account.
How to Buy the Star Cancer Care Gold Plan?
Any person interested in buying the Star Cancer Care Gold plan can purchase it online by simply visiting Paisawiki.com.
- You can compare online with the different plans available and make your choice. You can buy the policy for yourself, your parents, or your family.
- You need to provide your DOB, policy period, your mobile number, and email address and the extent of plan coverage required.
- You can go through the indicative premium rates given and go ahead and make the payments as per your preferred mode of payment.
- Alternatively, you can approach a branch office of the insurer to buy a plan.
Documents Required to Buy the Star Cancer Care Gold Plan
- No important documents need to be submitted to apply for this Star Cancer Care Gold plan.
- There is no need to undergo any pre-medical check-ups. If the insured person has been diagnosed with any recurrence of Cancer or Metastasis, or a second stage cancer, he can just submit the relevant medical documents.
- These documents can be any previous medical record related to any undergoing the latest treatment that can be submitted along with the proposal form.
Renewal Process of the Star Cancer Care Gold Plan
To enjoy the continued benefits offered by this Star Cancer Care Gold Plan, you need to renew it regularly. This plan's general policy tenure is one year, so you need to renew it as the expiry date approaches to avail of the coverage under Section 1 of the policy.
Star Health has provided a Grace Period for renewal, which is 30 days from the expiry date of the policy, as mentioned in the policy document. The company has intended to provide Lifelong renewal benefit once this insurance product will be regularized or a suitable alternate product is offered.
If the insured person has made a policy claim under Section 1 of the policy, i.e., for cancer recurrence or Stage II cancer, the policy can be renewed for Indemnity cover for Section 2 and 3. Accordingly, the premium amounts will be charged.
* Renewal terms and conditions, and premium rates are subject to change with prior approval from IRDAI.
You can also seek Paisawiki’s assistance for policy renewals. You can visit www.paisawiki.com and follow the renewal process by mentioning your Policy Reference number and DOB or mobile number. You can also get in touch with their Service team at 1800-572-3919.
FAQs About Star Cancer Care Gold Plan
Ans: No, the sum insured amount under the Star Cancer Care Gold plan cannot be changed or enhanced at any point in time, whether by payment of extra premium or even at renewal.
Ans: This Cancer care policy from Star Health offers a Co-payment option of 10% amount. This amount applies to each claim made under Section 2 and 3 of the plan, which deals with surgical and non-surgical indemnity covers.
As per the policy guidelines, if the policyholder is more than 60 years of age during the first time the policy is taken, he/she can opt for a 10% co-payment. However, this condition is not applicable for people below 60 years of age. Policyholders can choose for Co-payments during policy renewals as well.
Ans: The company can cancel the policy on the grounds of fraud or misrepresentation by the policyholder. The policyholder can also personally cancel the system at any time. In such cases, he will be refunded with the partial premium amounts applicable.
Ans: Yes, Star Health has provided the option of the Portability of the policy. If you want to port the plan to a different insurer, submit a formal application to Star Health 45-60 days before the renewal of the policy is due. You can send an email at support[at]starhealth.in.