Tell us about you
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C Apply
Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy is one such policy that specializes in covering cardiac diseases, and it is a product of Star Health. Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd. is India's first standalone health insurance company. It not only helps covering the expenses arising during cardiac-related health issues but also takes care of regular health problems, which, when compared with other policies online, stand out due to its vivid features. It covers the pre-hospitalization as well as post-hospitalization charges. Star Cardiac Care insurance policy can make an individual have a financially stable position when any of such debacle dawns on them. Prevention is always better than cure, but when such adversity comes in an individual's way, relying on such a policy always strengthens a family's determination in battling hard times.
Why do You Need Star Cardiac Care Policy?
A Star Cardiac Care Insurance policy is a must because,
- Every year, the cost of medical treatment is increasing exponentially.
- It is always essential to evaluate and be prepared to cope up with all the financial necessities in case you are diagnosed with a cardiac ailment.
- It is always an option to tailor the plan according to your needs depending on the investment that you can make and also the return that you get.
- The best treatment can be made possible only if proper thinking has been done and the money can be smartly used for a rainy day.
- Surgery after surgery might be needed, or expensive treatment and medication be brought into use which will certainly affect the economic condition of an individual.
Features of Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
Supreme features of the Star Cardiac Care Insurance policy plan are offered with a slight variance, which holds good for contrasting people and helps buy the policy according to their needs. Here’re some of them to explain:
- This policy covers the insured for both in-patient and out-patient treatment under one policy
- The plan comes with two plan options Gold and Silver with sum insured options Rs 3 lakh and 4 lakh.
- The key feature of this policy is life-long renewability.
- All applicants have to undergo pre-acceptance medical screening.
- Hospital cash allowance benefit is offered.
- The policyholder can switch to another insurer towards renewal.
- The sum insured amount can be increased at the time of policy renewal.
- Some of the policies have both the silver and gold variants of this plan, a room rent limit equal to 2% of sum insured up to a maximum of Rs 5000 per day.
- Also, the ambulance charges are allowed up to Rs 750 per hospitalization and Rs 1500 per policy period.
- Certain policies treatment costs and room rent costs have no limit.
Benefits of the Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
- For regular health-related problems as well as cardiac ailments, the plan covers hospitalization expenses for a minimum of 24 hours, which includes room rent, consultants, specialist fees, cost of medicines and drugs, nursing and boarding charges, surgeon’s fee etc.
- Pre-existing diseases are covered after 48 months of continuous insurance.
- Pre-existing cardiac ailments are covered from the 91st day of commencement of the
- Personal accident death cover is offered at no extra premium.
- Ambulance charges are covered for emergency transportation of the patient to the hospital.
- Pre- hospitalization, and post-hospitalization are covered up to the limit specified.
- All daycare treatments are effectively covered.
- The cardiac ailments are covered under the category of Gold variant.
- Cashless hospitalisation can be availed in 7800 hospitals worldwide
- It also provides insured individuals a relief under section 80D of the Income Tax Act in respect of the amount paid by any mode other than cash.
- Provides hassle-free claim settlement.
Exclusions of the Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
- Dental treatment or surgery excluding accidental damages
- Expenses on vitamins and tonics which are not part of the treatment
- Hospital admission and registration charges, telephone records
- Injury due to nuclear weapons or war or purposely misconducting leading to damage
- Pre-existing diseases or diseases that creep to a person during the first 30 days of the policy period
- Expenses of related diseases would not be borne during the first two years of continuous operation of insurance
- 10 % co-payment is applicable if you enter the policy at the age of 61 and more
- Naturopathy treatment and cosmetic surgery excluded
Eligibility Criteria to Buy Star Cardiac Care Plan
Minimum Entry Age
Maximum Entry Age
Rs 3 lakh and Rs 4 lakh
Claim Process for the Star Cardiac Care Policy
To claim for any benefit under this policy, a waiting period of 30 days after the commencement of policy is applicable. However, this period is wavered off after timely renewal
- To claim for any benefit under Section II, the gold section for cardiac ailments, this plan has a waiting period of 90 days.
- Emergency hospitalization needs intimation within 24 hours and for planned hospitalization intimate within 48 hours before admission.
- For claim processing, insured or the beneficiary needs to fill in the pre-authorization form and submit it to the hospital's TPA/ insurance desk to initiate claim request
Required Documents to Buy the Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
- The documents required for registering of this policy are primary documents such as ID proof, age proof, passport size photos, and address proofs.
- People belonging to the age group of 50 years plus need to produce medical records only.
How to Buy Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy?
The Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy can be bought online from any of the aggregator portals or insurer’s website. All you need to do is to visit the website of Paisawiki, browse over the plan and buy online.
Offline purchase can be initiated by visiting the nearest branch of the insurer or approaching an authorized agent or broker.
Renewal Process of the Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
The policy comes with a lifelong renewal option. A grace period of 30 days is allowed from the date of expiry. It also permits an enhancement during the renewal process. The steps of policy renewal are:
- Go to the website of Paisawiki and browse over ‘Renew’.
- Provide the policy details and date of birth and click on ‘Renew’.
- Get the policy premium and pay it through net banking or using a Credit/Debit card.
FAQ's About Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
Ans: Depending on a policy a person opts for routine examinations may be or may not be covered.
Ans: The optimal age to purchase health insurance is from 18 years up to 65 years
Ans: No. As medical insurance policies are instated to cover unseen adversities, a normal insurance policy doesn't cover maternity expenses. However, with the advancement in health insurance sector, some insurers have started offering health insurance with maternity cover.
Ans: Yes. You can have more than one health insurance policy.
Ans: Relevant medical expenses incurred before and after hospitalization for a specified number of days or up to a specified amount.
Ans: Any claim which is not covered under the policy conditions can be easily rejected or refused.
Ans: There is a waiting period of 30 days after instating a particular health insurance policy.
Ans: Generally, it is paid every year, but installments (monthly, quarterly, annual) is also possible.
Ans: No, there is no limit to the number of claims in a year.
Ans: A service desk number is given by the broker to the insurer so that they can reach out as soon as some medical emergency takes place.