Tell us about you
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C Apply
Star Family Delite Insurance Policy
The Star Family Delite Insurance Policy is one of the best health insurance policies offered by Star Health. This plan is a family floater medical plan, which means that all the members of a family (the premium amount varies with the number of members) are medically covered under a single policy.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Corporation Limited are one of the prominent health insurance companies based in India, that became operational in 2006. It deals with travel insurance, overseas mediclaim health insurance, and personal accident insurances. It is headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
What is Star Family Delite Insurance Policy?
Star Family Delite Insurance Plan offers insurance coverage, both basic and advanced, for the policyholder and his/her whole family. This includes the policyholder or the insured, policyholder’s spouse, and their children or dependents.
This plan covers the hospitalization expenses of the whole family. It also covers pre and post-hospitalization expenses, cost of drugs and medicines, medical treatments for pre-existing diseases, etc. All these expenses are covered on a floater basis by the insurance policy.
It offers optimal healthcare facilities for the insured and his/her family at affordable premium amounts. The fact that the policy that protects the insured also protects his/her family, by paying a single amount, is reassuring.
Features of Star Family Delite Insurance Policy
Some of the key features of the Star Family Delite Insurance Plan are mentioned below:
- Type of coverage – It is a family floater medical insurance plan that looks after the medical requirements of the insured and his/her spouse and children and/or dependents under a single policy and paying a single premium.
- Policy renewability – Star Family Delite Insurance Plan comes with the option of lifetime renewability, which means that there is no maximum age for policy renewal.
- Cashless hospitalization – There is no need to pay any medical or other bills in cash if the insured or a family member is hospitalized in one of the hospitals present in the hospital network of Star Health and Allied Insurance.
- Medical Screening conditions – Generally, this plan does not require the policyholder to go through any pre-acceptance medical screening process. For those who are above the age of 50 years are required to go through this medical screening, which the insurance provider arranged.
- Claim settlements – Star Health does not allow any Third Party Administrator (TPA) to interfere during the claim process. Thus, the claim settlement process is direct and done in-house. It is also fast and hassle-free.
- Portability – This plan is portable. If the policyholder is not satisfied with this policy, then he/she can port this policy from Star Health to any other insurer aligning with the current policy terms and conditions. In such a case, the policyholder has to contact the insurance company at least 45 days before the due renewal date.
Benefits of Star Family Delite Insurance Plan
Some of the prime benefits of the Star Family Delite Insurance Plan are as follows:
- Tax benefits – The policyholder can enjoy tax benefits in tax exemption under this policy. The premium paid by any mode except cash for this plan is eligible for relief as mentioned under Section 80D of the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Hospitalization benefits – All hospitalization expenses are covered, including doctor's consultation fees, nursing fees, hospital room charges, ICU charges, etc. The nursing, boarding and room charges covered are carried out at 1% of the SI (Sum Insured) whereas ICU charges at 1.5% of SI.
- Pre and post-hospitalization Benefits – It also offers coverage against pre and post-hospitalization expenses, pre-hospitalization for up to 30 days, and post-hospitalization up to 60 days. Also, 7% of the total hospital expenses (maximum of Rs 5,000) are offered for post-discharge medical expenses.
- Day Care treatment benefits – Under this policy, the insured is compensated for expenses incurred during various pre-specified daycare treatments or procedures like cataract surgery, dialysis, chemotherapy, etc.
- Ambulance benefits – This plan also offers coverage against emergency ambulance services carried out at Rs 750 per medical event to a maximum amount of Rs 1,500.
Exclusions of Star Family Delite Insurance Plan
The policy exclusions are mentioned below:
- Injuries or diseases caused due to act of a foreign enemy, war, invasion, warlike operations, nuclear weapons
- Various medical procedures such as vaccination, circumcision, inoculation or change of life, cosmetic or aesthetic treatment, etc
- Cost of spectacles, hearing aids, lenses, walkers, cochlear implants, etc
- Dental surgery or treatment
- Rehabilitation or therapy sessions or medical treatments for psychiatric or psychosomatic disorders, nutritional deficiency states, congenital external disease, alcohol or drug abuse, sterility, venereal disease, etc
- HIV/AIDS/LAV/HTLVIII related medical treatments or procedures
- Naturopathy, non-allopathic treatment
- Surgical procedures for the treatment of obesity or other weight control services or programs
- Refractive error correction or Lasik Laser, treatment of eye disorders
- Enhanced External Counter Pulsation therapy, Rotational Field Quantum Magnetic Resonance therapy, other therapies
- Attempted suicide
Eligibility Criteria to apply for Star Family Delite Insurance Policy
The eligibility Criteria to apply for the Star Family Delite Insurance Policy is as follows:
Pre-acceptance medical screening
Sum Insured Options
Free Look Period
Claim Process of Star Family Delite Insurance Policy
The claim process refers to the procedure of raising a reimbursement or cashless claim against a medical situation. The claim process for the Star Family Delite Insurance Policy is quite simple and is pretty straightforward. As mentioned earlier, Star Health does not allow any TPA to interfere with this process, and therefore the insurer offers a fast, direct, hassle-free, and in-house claim settlement.
There are 2 types of claims that can be raised by the policyholder, which are mentioned below:
As the name suggests, the policyholder does not have to pay any medical bills by cash. This type of claim eliminates the need for payment by cash. If the insured or his/her family member is admitted to a hospital in the hospital network of Star Health as an in-patient, then all medical dues are paid directly by the insurance company.
The details/documents required to be submitted with the insurer while making a cashless claim are as follows:
- Policy ID or number
- Health Card issued by the insurance company
- Name and address of the hospital
- Name and age of the patient
- Medical reports
- Attending physician or doctor’s prescription reports
- Applicable medical bills
This type of claim is raised when the policyholder or the insured has already paid the medical bills and needs to get reimbursed the same amount by the insurance company.
The details/documents that are required to be submitted with the insurer while making a reimbursement claim are mentioned below:
- Policy number
- Name and address of the hospital
- Name and age of the patient
- Applicable medical bills
- Medical reports
Required Documents to Buy the Star Family Delite Insurance Plan
The documents that are required while applying for the Star Family Delite Insurance Plan are as follows:
- ID proof
- Age Proof
- Income Proof
- Address Proof
How to Buy Star Family Delite Insurance Plan?
There are 2 ways following which an interested individual can buy this plan:
- Go to com.
- Browse through the Star health insurance and select the Family Delite Plan.
- Check out the policy details if required.
- Fill up all the required details and upload applicable documents.
- Go to the payments page and make the payment through credit/debit card or net banking.
- You will receive a confirmation via mail and message that you have successfully purchased the policy.
- Go to the nearest branch office of Star Health
- Find a Customer Relations Officer (CRO) to talk to about the policy
- Ask for an application form
- Fill in the required details and submit the applicable documents
- Make the payment through cash, cheque or credit/debit card
- You will receive a confirmation via mail and message that you have successfully purchased the policy
Renewal Process of Star Family Delite Insurance Policy
Renewal process refers to the procedure through which a policy that has matured is revived or renewed by the policyholder. The renewal process for the Star Family Delite Insurance Plan is hassle-free with minimal documentation.
The Renewal Period for this policy is 30 days. However, Star Health also offers a Grace Period of the same duration for the policy after its maturity. If the policy is renewed during this Grace Period, then all the policy benefits in terms of Waiting Period are allowed by the insurer and continue without any interruption.
In such a case, the actual cover or policy period will start from the date of payment of the first premium towards this policy. It can be renewed through 2 ways, which are as follows:
- Online – This is the more convenient way to renew a policy, essentially through the click of a button from home. Renewing star health insurance is very easy through Paisawiki.com. One just has to visit the official website of Paisawiki, fill up the renewal form, and make the appropriate payment.
- Offline – This is the traditional as well as the less convenient way to renew a policy. Here, one has to visit a branch office of the insurer, fill up a renewal form, and make the appropriate payment. The method is the same, but an individual has to leave the comfort of his/her home.
FAQs About Star Family Delite Insurance Policy
Ans: The various Waiting Periods applicable under the Star Family Delite Insurance Plan are mentioned below:
- Initial Waiting Period – 30 days
- Waiting Period for specified medical conditions – 24 months
- Waiting Period for Pre-existing diseases – 48 months
Ans: Star Health’s cancellation terms for the Star Family Delite Insurance Plan are as follows:
- Up to 1-month period on risk – 1/3rd of the annual premium amount
- Up to 3 months period on risk – ½ of the annual premium amount
- Up to 6 months period on risk – 3/4th of the annual premium amount
- More than 6 months period on risk – full annual premium amount
Ans: There are more than 9300 leading and prominent hospitals in India and abroad, in the hospital network of Star Health and Allied Insurance.
Ans: The medical procedures that are excluded or not covered under this plan are mentioned below:
- non-allopathic treatments
- Naturopathy treatments
- Cosmetic or aesthetic treatments
- Dental treatments
- Psychiatric or psychosomatic disorder treatments
- Congenital external disease treatments
- Venereal disease treatments
- Sterility or sterility-related treatments
- HIV/AIDS/LAV/HTLVIII related treatments
- Weight control treatments
- Refractive error correction or Lasik Laser treatments
- Enhanced External Counter Pulsation therapy
- Rotational Field Quantum Magnetic Resonance therapy, etc.
Q: What is the maximum number of people that can be covered by a single Star Family Delite Insurance Plan?
Ans: The maximum number of people that can be covered by a single policy is 5 members. Out of this maximum number of adults can be 2 (self and spouse), and the maximum number of children can be 3.