Tell us about you
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI approved insurance plan. Standard T&C Apply
Young Star Insurance Policy
Star Health Insurance has come up with a comprehensive health insurance policy for the young population of India. They have offered beneficial insurance coverage for 18-40 years which is the most progressive age group in the society both in terms of life as well as careers. As people in this category move through life, building their careers and families, they also need to focus on their health and well-being. A strong health foundation is necessary to ensure the general welfare of society.
Towards this effect, Star Health Insurance has come up with the Young Star Insurance policy, which is a flexible health plan to protect your health without compromising your finances.
What is the Young Star Insurance Policy?
Young Star Insurance Policy is an innovative policy which is a joint product of Star Health and Allied Insurance. It provides a host of coverage features that are beneficial for the younger age group for which this plan is intended. It offers extensive coverage against hospitalization due to sickness or injury, protection against mental illnesses, and other diseases.
This policy is available in 2 variants - Gold and Silver, and rewards you with incentives if you maintain a healthy lifestyle. It also offers the policyholder the option to make the insurance premium in instalments. The insurance plan also provides a low waiting period to claim for pre-existing diseases.
Features and Benefits of the Young Star Insurance policy
Young Star Insurance policy comes with a myriad of attractive features and benefits along with the financial coverage that it provides. Below listed are the features and benefits available with this plan.
Features of Young Star Insurance Policy
Some of the key features of this policy are:
- This policy is available on an individual and a family floater basis
- The sum insured options can be customized as per the plan variant and range from Rs 3 lakh to 1 crore.
- This plan provides for a midterm inclusion of an additional person upon payment of proportionate premium.
- No pre-medical screening is required.
- All kinds of daycare procedures and treatments are covered under this plan.
- It covers hospitalization expenses like room rent, doctor and surgeon fees, and costs involved for any medical specialist or anaesthetist.
- Oxygen, blood transfusion, OT & ICU charges, costs of drugs, medicines and surgical appliances, diagnosis tests and radiotherapy, chemotherapy, etc. are covered by this plan.
- Emergency road ambulance charges are covered.
- Pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses for 60 days for 90 days are covered respectively.
- E-medical second opinion in case of critical illness is available.
- Health check-up costs from Rs 1500-Rs 3500 for individuals and from Rs 3000- Rs 5000 for floaters are provided under the plan as per the sum insured amount
Benefits of Young Star Insurance Policy
- Automatic restoration of the full coverage amount in case of partial or full utilization of coverage amount
- 20% Cumulative Bonus for each claim-free year of the policy
- Additional basic sum insured up to 25% of the sum insured for RTA or Road Traffic Accidents resulting in the hospitalization of the insured person(s)
- A vast network of Star Health allied hospitals that provide cashless treatment
- Free-look period of 15 days from the date of inception of the policy where you can return the plan if not satisfied with it
- The policy has the facility of Portability wherein the insured person can change the insurer 45-60 days before policy renewal.
- Up to 10% Wellness Discount is applicable while renewing the policy.
- A fast and simplified claims settlement process is ensured.
- This policy provides tax benefits under Sec 80D of the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961, as per the prevailing income tax rules.
Inclusions of Young Star Insurance Plan
The policy inclusions are as mentioned below:
- Hospitalization expenses related to an accident. Injury or sickness
- Costs related to OPD, OT charges, doctor’s and surgeon’s fees, nurse’s and specialist’s fee
- Expenses related to daycare treatment and procedures
- Anesthesia, blood transfusion, X-ray and diagnostics
- Ambulance charges
- No pre-medical tests required till the age of 50 years
- 25% sum insured on any road accident which requires inpatient hospitalization
- OPD expenses related to Coronavirus outbreak
- Maternity benefits
- Newborn baby cover from 91 days of birth
- Daily Hospital cash
- Lifetime discount of 10% to policyholders who are 36 years or less on the renewal premium amount
- Incentive-based wellness programs
Exclusion of Young Star Insurance Plan
The following claims will not be considered for settlement under this health insurance policy.
- Any injury illness arising due to involvement in wars, war-like situations, radioactivity, nuclear bombing, etc
- Injury due to terrorist attacks,
- Suicides or self-inflicted injuries
- Any injury or accidents due to drugs, medicines, alcohol, etc
- Cosmetic surgery or aesthetic surgery,
- Spectacles and contact lenses, hearing aids, crutches, wheelchairs, and such other aids are not covered.
- Obesity, weight control, and endocrine disorders related to treatments or surgical procedures
Eligibility Criteria to Buy the Young Star Insurance policy
Young Star Insurance Policy does not follow complex eligibility criteria for enrolment to the plan.
- The minimum entry age for adults for the policy is 18 years, and the maximum age is 40 years.
- The minimum entry age for children to be covered by the policy is 91 days, and the maximum age is 25 years for dependent children.
- The minimum sum insured under the Individual policy is Rs 3 lakh, while it is Rs 5 lakhs for the family floater plan.
- The maximum sum insured amount is Rs 1 crore under the policy.
Claim Process of the Young Star Insurance plan
Like most insurance providers, Star Health provides two methods of Claim Settlement under its policies. These are:
- Cashless Claim Settlement
- Reimbursement Claim Settlement
Cashless Claim Procedure
This is the easiest and the most simplified form of claim settlement. It is applicable overall network hospitals enlisted on the Star Health Insurance network. Any policyholder filing for an insurance claim under this method needs to carry the insurance card to the hospital. The very first thing that he/she needs to do is to notify the Star Health authorities about the hospitalization.
Below listed are the steps that you need to follow:
- Notify the insurance authorities about your hospitalization, whether planned or an emergency one on time to initiate the process. The intimation to the insurance officials should be within 24 hours for emergency hospitalization and 48 hours before admission in case of a planned one.
- After intimating the insurance team, you need to fill a pre-authorisation form that is readily available at the hospital insurance desk. This form will be faxed or scanned by the hospital authorities and sent to Star Health Claims team for approval.
- Star Health Claims team will examine the details and verify your information. If everything is found complete and correct, they will send out their written approval. If anything is found incomplete or incorrect, your claim may be rejected as well.
- If approved, all your hospital bills will be taken care of by the insurance provider.
You can contact the insurer and seek claim assistance for your insurance. You just need to submit your details or call their claim assistance team at 1800-258-5881 from your registered mobile number.
Reimbursement Claims Procedure
This procedure is applicable for settlement of insurance claims at non-network hospitals or when you are unable to claim the cashless facility due to rejection or some other reason.
Here are the steps that you need to follow for the settlement of claims through the reimbursement procedure.
- Intimate the insurance authorities about your hospitalization as per the guidelines given in the policy document.
- Go through the regular hospitalization process and keep a record of all medical bills, doctor’s and surgeon’s fees, hospital bills, discharge summary, investigation reports, and medical prescriptions.
- You can file your claim within 30 days of your discharge from the hospital with all relevant documents.
- The company will verify all the documents and if found to be correct, will process your claim for the appropriate amount. The claim processing confirmation will be informed to you in advance through email or phone call.
- Once the confirmation is made, you will receive the reimbursement amount in your related bank account within 7 days.
How to Buy the Young Star Insurance plan?
Buying health insurance through Paisawiki.com is the easiest way. You can compare plans online on the website and finalize your decision to buy the policy. All that you need to do is to access the Paisawiki.com and click on ’Buy Now’ on the home page.
You need to specify the number of people to be insured, DOB, mobile number, email address, the amount of sum insured required and the policy tenure.
You will find the calculated premium amount for the policy chosen, which you can accept and go ahead with making the payment.
Documents Required to Buy the Young Star Insurance Plan
The Young Star Insurance policy has a simple and easy process of application. If you need to apply for this policy, you would be required to submit the copy of the following documents:
- Identity Proof: PAN Card/Voter Id/ Passport/Driving License
- Address Proof: Voter Id/ AADHAAR Card/Passport
- 2-3 Passport size photographs of all the people insured
- Medical reports, wherever required
Renewal Process of the Young Star Insurance plan
You can continue to enjoy the benefits of the Young Star Insurance policy with timely renewals each year. Renewing Star Health Insurance can be a hassle-free affair if you choose to do it from Paisawiki.com. All you need to do is to follow these simple renewal steps:
- Access the official website of Paisawiki.com and click on ‘health insurance’ on the home page or go to the ‘Renewal Option’.
- You just need to enter your insurance policy number and Date of Birth (DOB), and then click on ‘Renew Now’.
- You can view the renewed premium data, and if you agree, you can click on ‘Pay Now’.
- Choose the payment mode and make the payment online for a specific amount.
- Once the payment is successfully made, a soft copy of the policy document will be mailed to your registered email address.
FAQs About Young Star Insurance plan
Ans: Yes, the insurance policies from Star Health are portable. However, you need to inform your insurer at least 45 days before the renewal date of your policy to initiate Portability.
Ans: A policyholder can make any number of claims in a year. But you need to keep in mind that the total magnitude of the claimed amount should not exceed the sum insured under your health insurance policy.
Ans: You can purchase a health plan either through traditional methods of sale, like agents or via the sales team, or online. However, the online medium is safe, secure, easy and much faster than the other methods. You have a choice of different payment methods to make a premium payment online.
Ans: Star Health card is beneficial for cashless hospitalization in a network hospital at the time of a medical emergency. This card shows the contact details of the TPA. The policyholder needs to show this card as a Star Health Insurance identity card while getting admission to the network hospital. Only then they can avail the benefits of the cashless health plan.